COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I don’t really know a lot about them but almost all of the schools in Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas are using the chromebooks now... I worked with the google classroom when the kids got sent home from school last year and it was a good interactive program for teaching the kids. ( the chromebooks support this) I have an hp desktop that I use chrome as a browser on. And a surface pro for work that my company has went to using the chrome browser for a lot of stuff and we are otherwise Microsoft junkies... I’m not that technically inclined but I got a recommended list of 5 different chromebooks from the school that were supposed to be affordable and efficient for the school learning...

Samsung Chromebook 3
Dell Chromebook 3180
Hp Chromebook
Acer HD WLED Chromebook
Lenovo S330 Chromebook
Good luck! I would definitely ask for a few more opinions...
Thanks. Most people don't even understand what I need for him. If he can take it online I won't be able to use it for him. I think most school type devices may have a choice which I could control. It's the programs that cost. I will have help through DD in our county though.(if you're familiar with that government agency)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Only trouble is, when it makes a mistake it's a rigamarole to go back and correct it.
That's why I don't usually use them. Most of them have an accent and can't understand a word I say. This new phone seems to be a little better though. It actually speaks English.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’m not going to sit here and go on a downer. Because if I do that then I’m in trouble. Virus or no virus I am still me. And no virus will change that. And I sure as hell won’t let it beat me. What’s the use in being down and grumpy feeling sorry for myself?
it’s not going to get me anywhere. And certainly isn’t going to do me any good.
Yep. If I'm down and out I just move slower and pace myself. Housework will be there I'm sure when I feel better. My little tortoise has helped talked me into moving many times. He keeps me motivated.?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’m not going to sit here and go on a downer. Because if I do that then I’m in trouble. Virus or no virus I am still me. And no virus will change that. And I sure as hell won’t let it beat me. What’s the use in being down and grumpy feeling sorry for myself?
it’s not going to get me anywhere. And certainly isn’t going to do me any good.
You go girl. You tell covid what is what.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well thanks but I brought that up only for you.. this is not always the worst diagnosis.. the flu or a sinus infection can get you down just as bad in some cases..you’ve got to be positive while taking care of yourself... have you tried the steam?? That tip came from a Covid positive patient as well. She really struggled with the chest constriction and said that helped her the most.. get you a pot of water with a teaspoon of Vick’s in it and breathe the steam...
Yip, that's what she said.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yayyy. The guy who gave me the crickets said I need to pull the back legs off first. It helps them go down better.
I would. I've seen things happen that I think some parts on a cricket are sharp going down. I guess it depends on the animal eating it though.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I've been wanting something for Joe to teach him how to really read and talk with someone. Type back and forth if that makes sense. Not to be used online unless I want programs. He's 61 years old and can read but only understand around 1st grade level if that. Is there a lot of parental controls? That's what I might need. Everyone thought I was crazy when I bought him a cell phone even him. He wrote to me I can't talk and I wrote back yea but you can text. Now he drives me nuts with the phone but that's ok.
You are so sweet. And really good for your brother.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I would. I've seen things happen that I think some parts on a cricket are sharp going down. I guess it depends on the animal eating it though.
I’m lucky I don’t have to do that. My dragon won’t eat crickets. She loves locust. I have to get the adult ones with wings. Yuck lol

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well kahli was opening and closing her mouth a lot afterwards. So I sprayed water for her to drink. So when I told the guy who gave me the crickets about it that was when he mentioned pulling the back legs off.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Here is a rainbow for you. I also did not find any money.
Well it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. So I guess the leprechaun figured he paid me in full. I was on a highway in the desert in the US. I have to say I agree with him. I've never seen a rainbows end since. Oh the things you see when you don't have a camera...

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Covid test has come back positive. So I’m under full self isolation for the next two weeks.
Can things get worse?
one thing I’m worried about now is if Affina or pumpkin catch it. As it’s been proven animals can get it.
Oh good grief!
Get well soon, oh new friend.
And, yes, it would seem highly unlikely that reptiles could catch this virus.
It'll probably seem like a long two weeks, mind you.
Think of lots of fun things to do!