COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Our “cooling off” trend of a few days below 90 is bound to be broken today. Back over 90F now for the next week. Hot, humid, hazy & more rain forecast for the weekend. Bla

This AM while taking out a few bags of garden refuse for pick-up, I spotted two nice foxes galavanting & pouncing on the street. Early morning pranksters about.
It gets muggy here. I don't know if Maryland is the same way but the mugginess in Michigan is a lot worse than here in Florida.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning all!!! Love the peeking Opo pic! And it so nice to see greetings from Lyn first thing... our cool spell has ended here as well and we are looking at highs of 98 all week... BUMMER!! Jayden and I are back at a follow up with his eye this morning.. everything is going well with him so this is just a formality I’m sure. Schools back on Thursday.. I’m a little nervous about it ?...
Heather are they giving any options for schooling?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Heather are they giving any options for schooling?
Yes... they are offering an at home learning option but I dont feel that a first grader can get the education needed that way.. The girls are older and already educated enough to to follow those programs but the younger ones have to be guided.. I don’t feel like I can do that!!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well the little weavers are sooo neat looking. I was glad to see the yellow one was considered common and not threatened. Birds are so amazing. I have little peacock feathers that have never lost their color and they are more than 20 years old.
Peacock feathers are so beautiful.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thanks Carol, yes very typical of him! He's still a naughty torty. I think all the basking he's doing now has recharged his solar batteries and he's into all sorts....getting stuck between plant pots , or knocking them over, trying to scale a 4 foot wall and not wanting to go to bed at night etc. The houses I'm looking at have all got to meet Lola's requirements. I've seen some lovely places but either the garden isn't sunny and big enough or not anywhere suitable to put his hide - so I'll keep looking. How are you and all your family?
We are all good, safe and healthy. So all is good. We have been keeping busy, which is a good thing. I was going to ask if you were going to share pictures of the houses with us, then I remembered that you cannot take pictures. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all!!! Love the peeking Opo pic! And it so nice to see greetings from Lyn first thing... our cool spell has ended here as well and we are looking at highs of 98 all week... BUMMER!! Jayden and I are back at a follow up with his eye this morning.. everything is going well with him so this is just a formality I’m sure. Schools back on Thursday.. I’m a little nervous about it ?...
Hi ya, It seems that all of you are going to be having a hot time this week. And we are going to have a wet week and cold time this week. Great weather for us not so much for you. I hope that Jayden's appointment went well and that all is good with him.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Jarrod also goes back to school. He goes back on the 17th August. I am not too worried. As long as we follow the hygiene protocols, I think we should be fine.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yes... they are offering an at home learning option but I dont feel that a first grader can get the education needed that way.. The girls are older and already educated enough to to follow those programs but the younger ones have to be guided.. I don’t feel like I can do that!!!
Jarrod Wants to go back to school, he has said that he prefers the teachers teaching him to having to do it himself.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
HI everyone, I thought it was about time I came back to keep an eye on you all.

I am so sad to hear about Bee - I will miss her brightening up our days with her songs, advice and stories.

I hope everyone else is well. I have such a lot of catching up to do but will be popping in more often again now.

All is good with me, I am waiting for an arthroscopy on my knee and I finally decided I would retire from teaching, so no more school for me - unless I choose to do some supply (substitute) teaching. I have been thinking about retirement for a while but with our schools facing all sorts of changes because of covid, I thought the time was right now. I have also been house hunting, and getting my house ready to sell, so I've been pretty busy.

Lola is extremely well and behaving much more like a tortoise this year. He is spending lots of time outside basking which isn't something he has done before, but he wants to be out now - even in the rain. He is eating like a little horse too and its great to see him being a tort.
Will be back soon
Lyn, I am so pleased to not see you back in the CDR :)