COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Don’t underestimate how long it will take to recover. My daighter didn have it anywehere near as bad as you and just kept having to sleep. It ttok a good 4 weeks for her to get through that.

Look after yourself and rest lots. Massive electronic hugs x
Yes. The one time I actually became ill with a virus it took a long time for my energy to come back. Even after the 6 to 8 weeks they used to say that it takes I would get tired really easily. I had recently gone through other health issues though also. I think what helped the most was as much good food as I could tolerate.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Don’t underestimate how long it will take to recover. My daighter didn have it anywehere near as bad as you and just kept having to sleep. It ttok a good 4 weeks for her to get through that.

Look after yourself and rest lots. Massive electronic hugs x
Yes I’ve been sleeping on an off. The heat isn’t helping. Fever is up and down. But not as high as it was when I was rushed to hospital.
it was 41.1 I collapsed in kitchen. Neighbours saw me on the floor luckily and raised the alarm and called paramedics.
I was shoved on a drip, antibiotics. Oxygen and a steroid to open my lungs as I couldn’t breath I was kept in for couple days which is why I haven’t been on here much. I got given a purple inhaler when I was discharged and some headache medication. I tried to jump on other day but signal wasn’t great and my phone kept disconnecting from my data.
consultant said I'll feel sleepy which is normal. Mentioned about when we sleep our bodies are healing. But When I wake I feel like I’ve had all energy sucked out of me. And find it hard to move.
it took me almost an hour to prepare pumpkins food. I had to sit on a dining chair near worktop in kitchen to do it. Standing for long periods of time at one go I just can’t do. I feel like I’m going to fall.
I feel better than I did tho. Which I guess is a good thing. I was told it’s going to take time to feel normal again. This virus is horrible. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
A late hello to you all, - maybe not so late in US. We have had some terrific storms this evening with lightning coming from all directions, and some much needed rain. I can hear the rumbling of thunder starting up again as I write.

I had forgotten how many posts we get through in a day here so I have quite a few to get through just from Monday! So I'd better start reading. See you later!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes I’ve been sleeping on an off. The heat isn’t helping. Fever is up and down. But not as high as it was when I was rushed to hospital.
it was 41.1 I collapsed in kitchen. Neighbours saw me on the floor luckily and raised the alarm and called paramedics.
I was shoved on a drip, antibiotics. Oxygen and a steroid to open my lungs as I couldn’t breath I was kept in for couple days which is why I haven’t been on here much. I got given a purple inhaler when I was discharged and some headache medication. I tried to jump on other day but signal wasn’t great and my phone kept disconnecting from my data.
consultant said I'll feel sleepy which is normal. Mentioned about when we sleep our bodies are healing. But When I wake I feel like I’ve had all energy sucked out of me. And find it hard to move.
it took me almost an hour to prepare pumpkins food. I had to sit on a dining chair near worktop in kitchen to do it. Standing for long periods of time at one go I just can’t do. I feel like I’m going to fall.
I feel better than I did tho. Which I guess is a good thing. I was told it’s going to take time to feel normal again. This virus is horrible. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Sounds absolutely awful.
And very frightening.
It'll take time, but you'll get through this. :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Wow. That just sounds sooooo nasty & bad & debilitating. People arent taking this CORONA virus seriously. It can & will kill ppl. Hang in there!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
A late hello to you all, - maybe not so late in US. We have had some terrific storms this evening with lightning coming from all directions, and some much needed rain. I can hear the rumbling of thunder starting up again as I write.

I had forgotten how many posts we get through in a day here so I have quite a few to get through just from Monday! So I'd better start reading. See you later!

Just read every other post twice as fast it will take 1/4 the time.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Evening, Lyn.
Much needed rain? In Wales?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Has to be pasta shells. I don’t think you can make your own pasta shells. Pasta yes, shells no.
Here's the legend of how they were created: A young pasta maker from Bragnano fell in love with a fisherman's daughter. To impress her, he invented a new pasta inspired by the curved form of a sea snail or "lumaca di mare." That's what my package says anyway. Also calls the giant shells Lumaconi.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Here is a photo of dear Sabine's resting place :
View attachment 303087
Thanks to her partner for this.
He also has kindly informed me of the animals.
Some cats are at the local animal shelter, others have gone to friends. The dogs, too.
The Greek tortoises are at the animal shelter. The Redfoots are with a friend who is a tortoise and turtle expert in Wuppertal.
The sulcatas have gone to an animal park in North-Rhine-Westphalia. The Aldabras are "in a real tortoise paradise" in Bavaria near Nuremburg. The guy there is a real tortoise freak whose animals live better than he does.
I still can't believe Sabine has gone, but I'm glad she has such a beautiful resting place. It was very kind of her partner to send that and to let you know about the animals. I was worried about them because I think he has some serious health problems too, and remember Bee telling us she was caring for him a while ago, so I didn't think he'd be able to keep them. I'm glad most seem to have gone to good homes.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I still can't believe Sabine has gone, but I'm glad she has such a beautiful resting place. It was very kind of her partner to send that and to let you know about the animals. I was worried about them because I think he has some serious health problems too, and remember Bee telling us she was caring for him a while ago, so I didn't think he'd be able to keep them. I'm glad most seem to have gone to good homes.
Yes, he has six carers. He says he misses the animals but couldn't look after them. He's been very nice.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I know - it's not what we're used to here.
There were light showers throughout July but not the usual amount.
Temps in my garden today reached 102F!
Even too hot for Lola judging by the amount of time he spent in the shade.
Tidgy doesn't like it too hot either, and it gets hotter than 102 quite often. She stands under the tap outside until i turn it on.