COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The flooding of rain has stopped for the morning, possibly more to follow this afternoon. If I had a fancy crystal clear pool with a lanai I’d for a moment think I was transported to southern Florida. Hot, hazy, humid. Now sunny.

My newly-started Florida bred cactus pads (courtesy of @Ray--Opo ) are growing like gang busters. Our recent wave of thundershowers have dumped many inches of rain on them. I guess they love their showers. New growth has been phenomenal. Our Sully too thinks it’s in paradise. High humidity, sunshine, warm temps all coupled with a snuggly nightbox to pass the night away. Tortoise dreams?

Cactus Pix
0F318ACB-B0AE-4BBF-989F-D826BB4B2B09.jpeg

Sully Hanging Out Waiting for Just the Right Time to Emerge
D647B41F-AAA7-43CD-ACC6-DC84701741E6.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Greetings. Weather seems to be the topic these days. We’ve had lots of rain these days, in fact it is pouring down right now! Parts of Maryland got upwards of 4 inches in a few hours. Flooding too since everything is saturated. Ogh, it’s nasty humid too.

Of course....perfect for our Sully. During yesterday‘s rain, Sully was outside knee deep in water, chowing down on grass like it was newly invented. With rain, comes the humidity..

View attachment 303318
That's so funny. Leave it to a tortoise to make lemonade out of lemons.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Flaky skin is just old skin peeling off.

All animals shed skin. Snakes do it tidily in one go, humans do it in tiny pieces that become house dust and torts do it in patches looking downright tatty at times.

Advise to leave well alone. No potions or treatment required. It will rub off as the tort goes about its business. I had a Greek for well over 40 years. Leave well alone :D
Yes but I have to say I did something about it once or twice. I used a tiny pair of manicure scissors and trimmed the dead skin where it couldn't poke Sapphire in the eye anymore.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I am phoneless. I got so fed up I returned it and I hate using a computer. It sucks. I feel like I have 2 right hands today instead of all four going left just for today.
I'm the reverse.
I love my laptop and hate using wifey's phone thing.
I'm going to count my hands and feet again, i think.
I got confused with all these numbers.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm the reverse.
I love my laptop and hate using wifey's phone thing.
I'm going to count my hands and feet again, i think.
I got confused with all these numbers.
There's something about an android phone that I've always been able to eventually figure them out for no more then I do. That's why I took the one I just bought back. Today was the last day I could have returned it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get one that works for me. I can understand why you would rather use a computer for what you do. I'll use one for things like more information then what I'm getting on my phone though. But I have to kick and drag myself to do it. Also I have backup to bug you guys and gals until I get a new phone.