COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings all. I see lots of nasty neighbor stories..... Here’s ours. Our long-time very quiet kept to himself kind of single dad moved. House bought by a guy who got around. Hung with gangs of undocumented folks - used his house as a business place with various trucks parked all over the street. Workers would park & gather in our cul-de-sac every morning for work instructions. Semi-trailer truck deliveries. Work Vehicle washing in the street, blocking lanes, etc. It was a mess and all illegal activity based on County regs. It took my wife & another neighbor to document, record the activity - go to County management with formal complaints. They took action over n over and the guy finally moved. Whew......it was a bad three years maybe two. He kept expanding and expanding his activities. Really sad when one individual thinks they own the neighborhood/street & circumvent laws to their own benefit. Good luck in your search @Lyn W - in the mean time REPORT all the crap to the Council!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. Was gone from 0600 to 1700 on a long day trip kayaking on Maryland’s Eastern Shore to an area I havent really been in/on before. We did some nice paddling in a marshy creek with TONS of wild flowers, wild rice, and tropical like conditions & it opened up into a beautiful open stretch of Maryland’s Nanticoke River.

One shot of the Nanticoke
B91F6059-0E3A-4F01-B004-E623804D5A7F.jpeg

And, the Creek
C68D933D-BB10-4EFE-B168-FA26DDF86CAA.jpeg 502F1C7B-E2EA-4773-AC7D-5AE394BD5422.jpeg DCEA247E-83EA-48DF-8B04-B829A040E9BF.jpeg

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Greetings. Was gone from 0600 to 1700 on a long day trip kayaking on Maryland’s Eastern Shore to an area I havent really been in/on before. We did some nice paddling in a marshy creek with TONS of wild flowers, wild rice, and tropical like conditions & it opened up into a beautiful open stretch of Maryland’s Nanticoke River.

One shot of the Nanticoke
View attachment 304213

And, the Creek
View attachment 304214 View attachment 304215 View attachment 304216
Very nice, beautiful pictures as always.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In those climates with "...but it's a DRY heat..." Do sweat and tears just evaporate as soon as you shed them?

I feel like maybe there should be a poem in there somewhere.
or a country and western song!

Ploddin' along, over the desert sand, with only my mule for company. The sun's beatin' down and my sweat's a-dryin' on my back. The tears I'm a sheddin' over you are a dryin' on my cheeks.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Here's some information for both of you. When you can see a confrontation coming...In MY experience, the more aggressive and angry (sorta crazy) you act during this confrontation, the more "normal" people even when angry will back down. Unfortunately, I am not afraid of confrontation but did discover that most people will back away from a fight. I am 5'6" and weight 111 lbs. But have a nasty temper, people back down from me. Not because I think I'm a badass, but because they think I'm crazy....lol and I am!
Well you did say I was crazy. That's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Greetings all. I see lots of nasty neighbor stories..... Here’s ours. Our long-time very quiet kept to himself kind of single dad moved. House bought by a guy who got around. Hung with gangs of undocumented folks - used his house as a business place with various trucks parked all over the street. Workers would park & gather in our cul-de-sac every morning for work instructions. Semi-trailer truck deliveries. Work Vehicle washing in the street, blocking lanes, etc. It was a mess and all illegal activity based on County regs. It took my wife & another neighbor to document, record the activity - go to County management with formal complaints. They took action over n over and the guy finally moved. Whew......it was a bad three years maybe two. He kept expanding and expanding his activities. Really sad when one individual thinks they own the neighborhood/street & circumvent laws to their own benefit. Good luck in your search @Lyn W - in the mean time REPORT all the crap to the Council!
Yep. In those cases it won't help to confront them. I get along well with all of my neighbors even though some are renters. The bad apples need told on. That's why there is rules, law and order. Our neighborhood runs em out if they even try.?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Well you did say I was crazy. That's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.?
No, I said to be aggressive, and angry (crazy ) act. When people think you're too angry or crazy they back off. Frankly, I'm not crazy at all. But the life I led taught me how to act in a given situation. Pissed off yes, but not crazy, sometimes crazy acting.