COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Looks great!!!

I’m so irritated at how obvious it is that mine must now be redone.. I’ll pay in room, Board, coffee, and conversation if you’d like to come show off your experience!!! Can also point out some good kayaking spots nearby:)) ( I’m making doe eyes and my best pouty face... which is really not good at all... lmao! )
1602260264785.png

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
My first tort Fred (Hermann) was bought from a reptile shop, with all the wrong equipment. He was purchased by hubby who did not know any better, bless him, I did not either. I learned the expensive way, how they should be kept after a few years and he is very happy and healthy, hope the first few years have not done any damage My other 7 torts I have re-homed/rescued, some in a sorry state I hope I am doing right for them now and they can enjoy their life without complications. I have 3 daughter's to whom I will hand over the reins when my time comes
Yay.gif

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Are we back to calling you by your alias Ray? As I am sure that Ray was enjoying you being called Opo.! Wait what....Who am I talking to now. I am so confused about who is who in the zoo. ;) From now on you will be forever known as RayOpo. And You are always welcome here, Although you would need to give me well advance warning as my house is not very wheelchair friendly. ?
I would like to point out that the rock floor of the Cold Dark Room is actually pretty smooth, better than most pavements/ sidewalks and, as such, eminently suitable for wheelchairs or people who don't lift their feet when they walk.
The Cold Dark Room is a pretty Dark, Cold and mysterious place and definitely dislikes mongooses and even recommends tortoises don't enter as it's so Cold and Dark.
However, everyone else is most welcome, we don't care about your sex, orientation, nationality, colour, creed or beliefs.
It's Dark in here.
We're all the same.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes totally, It was those damn ducks. Okay maybe they are not so bad, since they gave me my beloved sporky!! Which I am never giving up. You Can't have it. My preciousssssssssss
You didn't use a capital letter. It's Spork or Sporky.
Be careful or it might be gone.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
A few weeks back, Baltimore’s Tall Ship ”The Pride of Baltimore II” put out a notice that they were recruiting folks to lend a hand in various bits of restoration & upkeep needing done on the ship now that the sailing season was done. All kinds of projects from painting to seeing to wood restoration, etc. I put in an application last week or so & was contacted yesterday by the Pride’s “Chief Mate” that they have a “Project in a Box” for me.

The project -
We are currently doing a re-fit of PRIDE's galley, and have a cabinet unit that needs to be refinished before going back in. This would be a mixture of paint and varnish work. Kinda fiddly, as the inside also needs to be re-finished. The unit is roughly 3' long, 2' tall and 1 1/2' wide.

What’s nice is that the Pride Team ”provides all the consumable materials, paint, varnish, brushes, sandpaper ect. as well as a written description of the work to be done.”

Sooo, I’ll be working on this Galley Box soon.

43FBFF86-6254-40A8-B643-5425EB1AD1FC.jpeg

Ps, here is a photo I took of the Pride as it returned back into the Port of Baltimore last September.

F3CE72B9-2E8B-406F-A82C-494446CC1844.jpeg

Last edited:

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
A few weeks back, Baltimore’s Tall Ship ”The Pride of Baltimore II” put out a notice that they were recruiting folks to lend a hand in various bits of restoration & upkeep needing done on the ship now that the sailing season was done. All kinds of projects from painting to seeing to wood restoration, etc. I put in an application last week or so & was contacted yesterday by the Pride’s “Chief Mate” that they have a “Project in a Box” for me.

The project -

What’s nice is that the Pride Team ”provides all the consumable materials, paint, varnish, brushes, sandpaper ect. as well as a written description of the work to be done.”

Sooo, I’ll be working on this Galley Box soon.

View attachment 308457
I know they will benefit from your excellent craftsmanship! ?