COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
End of October, not cold, not chilly, no frost or snow. Bright sunshine & humidity makes it a “real feel” of 85! Thats 29.5C ! Whew.....
It was 50 degrees yesterday. Mary has decided she won't go out in the cold. She won't eat hay, Mazuri, or dead leaves. I've put a tortoise salad into her side of the shed, and later I saw her still inside the shed, having made a nest of different types of lettuces and weeds, and pooped smack in the middle of her food. Not very feminine

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It was 50 degrees yesterday. Mary has decided she won't go out in the cold. She won't eat hay, Mazuri, or dead leaves. I've put a tortoise salad into her side of the shed, and later I saw her still inside the shed, having made a nest of different types of lettuces and weeds, and pooped smack in the middle of her food. Not very feminine

i think I did that once when I was in my twenties?? Falling out of a bar....
?? just kidding.....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Quiet in here again.
Yes it is. As usual the weather guys couldn't really predict the weather last night around here. The sky was overcast with clouds so I didn't get to see the asteroid show even though I stayed up to see it. I woke up around 5am and I could see some planets but no falling stars... BUT I did have two dreams about it. So at least I got to see it in my dreams. I didn't sleep much. It was still worth a try.?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes it is. As usual the weather guys couldn't really predict the weather last night around here. The sky was overcast with clouds so I didn't get to see the asteroid show even though I stayed up to see it. I woke up around 5am and I could see some planets but no falling stars... BUT I did have two dreams about it. So at least I got to see it in my dreams. I didn't sleep much. It was still worth a try.?
Drat, I forgot.
I'll try and dream about them tonight.
Star.gif

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I tend to sneak in the occasional cat nap if I don't get enough sleep at night. ;)
Well that’s a nice talent to have. Hubby does that too and I’m always jealous!. I can’t seem to sleep if it’s not dark... and often doing rounds in the dark still.. life long affliction I suppose...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all!!!! Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday.. daughter and I are back to the big city for more Dr’s today...

my Tom cat has been having a party during the night and twice over the past weekI have found tiny baby life forms in my bedroom doorway.... lifeless.....?. I had assumed that he had found of nest of fieldmice... until 2 am this morning. It appears that he has been hunting under the back deck and bringing in the nightlife through the doggy door. 1F595B4B-425D-4656-AADE-732B5F890AD8.jpeg8251FA80-089B-4743-8791-9F67CA828B54.jpeg
He’s apparently wiped out a whole family of gophers and will be receiving extra treats and affection for his efforts!!! Well done Jerry!