COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy (check ipad)... Tuesday. All the days blend seamlessly together these COVID days. Yesterday afternoon was #GardensHour on twitter so i shared with them a few pix of “protected” persimmon, Thanksgiving cactus, growing garlic, berries of Holly & Nandina.

Here’s the just patented super duper aluminum foil deer protector! Guaranteed! Easily applied, Effective, Reusable.

88748AF1-81ED-4731-B2D6-726226CDAF2C.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy (check ipad)... Tuesday. All the days blend seamlessly together these COVID days. Yesterday afternoon was #GardensHour on twitter so i shared with them a few pix of “protected” persimmon, Thanksgiving cactus, growing garlic, berries of Holly & Nandina.

Here’s the just patented super duper aluminum foil deer protector! Guaranteed! Easily applied, Effective, Reusable.

View attachment 311674
LMAO!!! I love this:)) and it’s right on par with the decorative season!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
LMAO!!! I love this:)) and it’s right on par with the decorative season!

Exactly. Some folks (at first glance) thought they were outdoor Christmas baubles on the tree!

Nicer here today than i thought. Gives me time for other projects.

tic tok.....the Ships Box is almost complete!

✅ I trimmed back all of the tall stalks from our banana “plantation”. Chopped, peeled, cleaned up = Sully food.

✅ Next is the back-breaking pushing shoving & cajoling of the massive pot into the garage.
➡ ➡ Is it worth the effort?​

✅ Two or three bags of Spring-flowering bulbs to plant. Today, I’m thinking in pots that i can easily move to the front of the house when they pop up in April. (A lot easier than bulb by bulb planting).

✅ Ogh. Last year I built a few bird feeders, but the darn squirrels quickly ruined the plastic insert holding the seed. Bought a glass cutter - and viola, perfect cuts (from an old picture frame pane) so this morning I stained the feeder boxes again. Lucky birds.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Exactly. Some folks (at first glance) thought they were outdoor Christmas baubles on the tree!

Nicer here today than i thought. Gives me time for other projects.

tic tok.....the Ships Box is almost complete!

I trimmed back all of the tall stalks from our banana “plantation”. Chopped, peeled, cleaned up = Sully food.

✅ Next is the back-breaking pushing shoving & cajoling of the massive pot into the garage.
➡ ➡ Is it worth the effort?​

✅ Two or three bags of Spring-flowering bulbs to plant. Today, I’m thinking in pots that i can easily move to the front of the house when they pop up in April. (A lot easier than bulb by bulb planting).

✅ Ogh. Last year I built a few bird feeders, but the darn squirrels quickly ruined the plastic insert holding the seed. Bought a glass cutter - and viola, perfect cuts (from an old picture frame pane) so this morning I stained the feeder boxes again. Lucky birds.
I have several bird feeders around my property. My favorite is right outside my window. I don't know how many birds I get, but I end up filling the feeders 2 or 3 times a day. My yard is a safe Audubon site. I have a wild bird book so I can look up the names of those I don't know. It's very interesting to me and I watch the birds a few hours a day

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have several bird feeders around my property. My favorite is right outside my window. I don't know how many birds I get, but I end up filling the feeders 2 or 3 times a day. My yard is a safe Audubon site. I have a wild bird book so I can look up the names of those I don't know. It's very interesting to me and I watch the birds a few hours a day
Woman after my own heart. I feed the birds too ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Very busy thank you for asking. I go to for hospitals and I have been consult it quite often to manage blood sugar for Covid patients. The office is still seeing patients and I do telemedicine in addition so I’m putting in 12 hour to 16 hour days 6 to 7 days a week. It was nice to be able to get out for a while and I enjoyed very much going with my friend. I love desert and there’s nothing prettier than desert against water as far as I’m concerned.
I've missed you and will be thinking of you. Then I always have to send up a little prayer.? It's a really tough job right now for medical professionals. It was before but now it has to be so much worse.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My favorite bird feeder is a true crab apple tree I planted in our front yard. Butterflies, people, birds, etc... love the apples. When my brother David and I planted it we thought it was just an ornamental crab apple tree. But no it was a real crab apple tree! The crab apples are as big as regular apples and are edibles. I need a better bird book because I can't always identify my visitors.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’m caught up too. Time to go to the supermarket... life is SO exciting in lockdown ??
Hello. Not to be the bearer of bad news but it might be good news too. Doctors here have been noticing the lingering effect on patients that had covid. They were at first trying to say it was all in their heads. However, recovering doctors are going through the same thing and no longer believe that. So that might mean longer support measures for recovering people. At least hopefully.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was going to do it last night but it was overcast. So I will wait until the sun is oit then do one for you. In the meantime here are a few flowers found in my garden. Okay these ones are in the side garden which are these in tyres and then the ground is paved. I was playing around with close ups last night.
So pretty ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You know you can freeze soup right. And then just defrost it when you need soup again. Saves you money and time.
Too late for that. Every drop got devoured! I got visitors.?? May not have saved me money but that saved me time and freezer space. It's soup for the soul on these fall and winter days.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Another nice calm evening.

View attachment 311708
I really liked your cube in a cube sculpture of wood and wanted to share a picture because, Another of my brothers retired from the airforce. He's taking a college course working with metal. He made a cube in a cube and shared a picture of it today with me. He loves working with metal like that because it feels like sculpturing to him. When I first saw yours I thought of him... and vice versa.1030.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’m caught up too. Time to go to the supermarket... life is SO exciting in lockdown ??
Well... and that's a deep story. Because I enjoy staying home I put off shopping for tomorrow. I really don't want to be out and about the day before or after Thanksgiving. So we may have to deal with no sweet potatoes or cranberries for the big day. I'll have to get up early or not. We'll see.?