COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning! The snow is melting in Texas and we may see 60F ...Hallelujah!

Ha hah ha. It just started snowing again here this morning. But your 60 degree days are heading here for Wednesday.

Good to see Texas power grid getting back online. A real mess there.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Ha hah ha. It just started snowing again here this morning. But your 60 degree days are heading here for Wednesday.

We had showers yesterday if you live in Broomfield, CO--parts from a United 777 engine rained down. Flight went back to DIA successfully. No one hurt on the ground, but some property damage. The sun was shining brightly.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
We had showers yesterday if you live in Broomfield, CO--parts from a United 777 engine rained down. Flight went back to DIA successfully. No one hurt on the ground, but some property damage. The sun was shining brightly.
I seen that on the News, I was surprised when they said there were no injuries. Couldn't imagine the horror for the people on the plane.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I seen that on the News, I was surprised when they said there were no injuries. Couldn't imagine the horror for the people on the plane.
I guess some people screamed when they saw/heard the engine explode. One guy's parked truck was hit thru the back window with debris. Another family has a big hole in their roof. But a miracle to celebrate that no one was hurt & the jet landed safely.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have to share a Joe story from this morning. The news was saying it's true... that all of the covid-19 in the world can fit in a coca cola can. They even had a person that could do the math and figured out it's true... well... Joe loves Coke so he's sweatin... but he did pour out a little bit... we'll see how long that lasts.?
He drank one.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's not a bad day here.
It's warmer with some sunshine coming through.
Even one of my frogs is on the surface enjoying the milder weather.
Hope all is good in your part of the world.
I wish I could see a picture. It sounds so cute. It's good here the ice and snow is melting slowly.? Otherwise, I'll have a pond with frogs in the garage.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’ve just done a stocktake. I have some of most designs, but more fabric is now on order! I have raised over £2500 for my rescue now ??

View attachment 318979
I so want to buy one and pay the customs to boot. I would really love to support the rescue and have a mask too. ????

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We awoke to fresh snow on the mountain tops! End of the summer in NZ.
View attachment 318958
Then another day of stunning scenery around Lake Wakatipu as we journeyed from Queenstown to Paradise via Glenorchy. We started with fresh snow on the mountain tops, went via more distant glaciers and finished with rainbows.
View attachment 318959View attachment 318960View attachment 318961View attachment 318962View attachment 318963
View attachment 318964View attachment 318965View attachment 318966View attachment 318967View attachment 318968
And finally we went up the cable car to go star gazing and had love views of sunset over Lake Wakatipu and Queenstown
View attachment 318969View attachment 318970
Yes paradise was the right word!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I saw that one on our news here in the east. Everyone is so happy no one got hurt. It's an amazing story ? a bit of cheer.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We awoke to fresh snow on the mountain tops! End of the summer in NZ.
View attachment 318958
Then another day of stunning scenery around Lake Wakatipu as we journeyed from Queenstown to Paradise via Glenorchy. We started with fresh snow on the mountain tops, went via more distant glaciers and finished with rainbows.
View attachment 318959View attachment 318960View attachment 318961View attachment 318962View attachment 318963
View attachment 318964View attachment 318965View attachment 318966View attachment 318967View attachment 318968
And finally we went up the cable car to go star gazing and had love views of sunset over Lake Wakatipu and Queenstown
View attachment 318969View attachment 318970
Did you notice how the cost of living was in NZ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

One state representative in Texas was asked if FEMA disaster relief money. Could be used by people to pay off the multi thousand dollar electric bills they received for the 5 days they didn't have power. He said yes it could. BS the electric company needs to eat those bills!?
I don't want my tax dollars used that way.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I’ve just done a stocktake. I have some of most designs, but more fabric is now on order! I have raised over £2500 for my rescue now ??

View attachment 318979

Ok... now I would like to purchase :
1)- the one with the snail on it (the more snails on it the better)

2)- the one with the owls on it. Strangely I have no ties to ? owls , but I just happen to like that one.

How to get me started?
Send you a pm?
Or you send me one?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I so want to buy one and pay the customs to boot. I would really love to support the rescue and have a mask too. ????
I write Homemade Face Masks on the CN22 customs form. To my knowledge nobody has had to pay US import duty on them so far as the value is low. Noel (@AZtortMom ) would be able to confirm. ?

Postage £4 to USA for up to 8 masks, masks £3 each, payment by PayPal.