COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
First brine of the year. Not true pickling, but it will last a long time in the fridge! Live the pickling cukes so muck better than the regular ones!
I enjoy doing that way too. With slivered onions. The last time I had pickling cukes was probably in the 70's when we grew some ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Took a little back road trip waiting for grocery pickup and saw nature. Completely forgot to hold the turtle far away from body and luckily I have wet wipes/towels in the truck! What a bladder. Got stuck in the roadway on the upper portion of the creek/run off zone

Attachments

• AE6AB4C4-DC9B-4100-A16E-2A541C45E4EA.jpeg
    AE6AB4C4-DC9B-4100-A16E-2A541C45E4EA.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 6

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Fingers crossed - our “Rehab House” went on-line this morning. It’s out there for any one of you to purchase! Hoping for a quick sale so we can get back to normal life. Kayaking & gardening.
Good luck for a quick sale, houses in the UK are selling within days of being on the market .

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, it's still bright and sunny here hope all is good in your corners.
Had a busy day on the garden yesterday trimming a laurel shrub and painting an old garden bench - just have the wrought iron work to paint black now, which will be fiddly.
My frog pond (an old shabby container they moved into) needs some disguising. They love it and I now have at least 5 permanent residents, but it needs some 'landscaping' work around it.
So I'd better get on.
Have a good Saturday
TTFN

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all, it's still bright and sunny here hope all is good in your corners.
Had a busy day on the garden yesterday trimming a laurel shrub and painting an old garden bench - just have the wrought iron work to paint black now, which will be fiddly.
My frog pond (an old shabby container they moved into) needs some disguising. They love it and I now have at least 5 permanent residents, but it needs some 'landscaping' work around it.
So I'd better get on.
Have a good Saturday
TTFN
Good morning... let’s see some pictures when complete please:)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So I'd better get on.
Have a good Saturday
TTFN

Lucky frogs! It’s going to be in the 90’s for a good stretch now. I could use a froggie pool to cool off. Ogh, humid too. It’s 70% humidity already, prob drop as the sun burns it off.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Had my primary doctor appointment today. She will be taking over my blood results. Next week when I go to give blood. I will tell them to only send results to her.
I have a disease that has blood draws monthly, had it for several years. My PCP sends a referral in to the hospital lab, I go 2.5 miles to the lab and get stabbed, then home. Seniors are treated differently...check this out...
10:30 appt. I arrive at 10:15 with a good book. I open the book and...I'm called in...4 minutes and there is the damn doctor in full Hazmat gear. No time to get into the book. But I'm having a problem with my hearing aids and I just can't hear or understand after hi Maggie.
I don't know what to do about it. BUT...he believes that too much wait time stresses the senior so we are treated differently.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Our view out the front door this morning. Feel free to share your out the door scene...

View attachment 326578
Looking out my front door isn't nearly as pretty as yours. All I can see is my driveway with eight or ten ant hills that have Swerve artificial sweetener around them:

driveway.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I've just noticed Lola has a problem with his right eye, it was fine this morning and I don't know if he's scratched it or got something in it wile he's been out grazing, but when he closes it there seems to be a white lump in the front corner (cornea maybe?). I can't see anything stuck in it.
I've gently rinsed it with some saline solution, but does anyone know what would be a good eye cream I could use on it? The chances of finding a vet open here on a Saturday afternoon are very slim so any I could buy from a pharmacy would be my best bet of treating it today rather than wait until Monday.