COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I'm really bummed out today. Last night was Mark Harmon's goodbye to NCIS show. He's the only reason I watch the show. He carries each episode. If they think that new FBI guy will fall into Gibb's place they've got another think coming. Couldn't they have picked someone we like? Anyway, moving from Tuesday to Monday, getting rid of Gibbs, and adding two new actors that I don't like, means I won't be watching NCIS anymore.
Hope you find something. It really sucks not to have something good on TV. I can't even believe I'm like that now. Most of my life I've not even watched TV. Now I have to have it even if I'm here and not paying a bit of attention.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Heavy fog this morning as our weather pattern makes one last gasp to hold onto Summer. A warm front is pushing in & temps forecast for the 80s for Thursday & Friday. Took advantage of the cool early morning and got another Poplar tree fully pruned.

Spent a fair amount of time today cleaning up & prepping our Sullys indoor/Winter area. Much easier this year, the nightbox is waiting with two ceiling mounted radiant heat panels. I just need to move the Kane heat mat (and thermostat) from the outdoor nightbox to the indoor one. Lights are all hooked up on timers, water & food bowl cleaned.

Soooo, i think the big Sully move will be Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Heavy fog this morning as our weather pattern makes one last gasp to hold onto Summer. A warm front is pushing in & temps forecast for the 80s for Thursday & Friday. Took advantage of the cool early morning and got another Poplar tree fully pruned.

Spent a fair amount of time today cleaning up & prepping our Sullys indoor/Winter area. Much easier this year, the nightbox is waiting with two ceiling mounted radiant heat panels. I just need to move the Kane heat mat (and thermostat) from the outdoor nightbox to the indoor one. Lights are all hooked up on timers, water & food bowl cleaned.

Soooo, i think the big Sully move will be Saturday. Fingers crossed.
I'm still getting Sapphire out every day that I can even if it's only an hour or two. Our weather for the next two days should be much the same as yours. But if there's more warm days after the fall weather coming on Saturday I'm going to try and get him out for sunshine. Of course he's just a little guy and easy to move to and fro. He doesn't mind it and tries to stand up tall for my hand. It's cute.?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Looks like you have a word thing like me ? there's some words I just like. One is aloha and another is Paris. I also just like the letter Z... it's all just my goofyness but...
Saunter is another one I like. It’s not quite sashaying or skulking ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all, it's still quite warm for the time of year, a slight breeze and some sun between the clouds. Lola isn't interested in being out though.
Fudge the dog only woke me once in the night at about 4.30 to be let out in the garden, so I'll forgive her for that, but then she wouldn't stay downstairs so ended up snoring on the bottom of the bed.
She is used to having her own way now - what Fudge wants Fudge gets :)
I hope I get the same treatment when I'm an old gal! (or older I should say!)
I hope you all have a good Thursday and I'll see you later.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Muggy & warm with 85% humidity as the sun rises. One more day of this type of weather then we plunge into low 40s overnight. Yep, it’s time for our Sully to come in for Winter.

ps - off kayaking this morning. ?

And, back from a great morning out on the water.

EF24D584-C3A7-48D6-8BC8-9AE6B2BDBB2D.jpeg

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
And, back from a great morning out on the water.

View attachment 334601
Looks as though you had a glorious day on the water, I envy you...
Gonna be a beautiful day in SF Bay Area in Cali, NO wind, 72° to 75°.
Finishing my yard clean up, prepped for winter, although here it has not been bad.
I miss a true winter. I like the hot weather, I like the cold weather, I LOVE the rain, I just HATE the wind. But alas there is little rain now. Damn climate change and drought.
I'm somewhat envious of the east coast with the abundant rain...All my best from Cali....

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Finishing my yard clean up, prepped for winter, although here it has not been bad.
I miss a true winter. I like the hot weather, I like the cold weather, I LOVE the rain, I just HATE the wind. But alas there is little rain now. Damn climate change and drought.
I'm somewhat envious of the east coast with the abundant rain...All my best from Cali....

72-75 sounds pretty perfect. No wind too. Always more gardening to do. Lots of things to put away, plants to bring in, daffodils to plant, etc.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Today was up in the 90°f where Sapphire's enclosure is so I decided to get him out for awhile. But as luck would have it, when I walked in he was eating right where the mazuri was on his food. Well...of course that stopped that ? I decided to take him out because I knew he would pout and not eat anyway if he didn't get to go outside. He's a brat ?.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Got stuck in some soft ground in my electric wheelchair. Tried getting off my chair and freeing it myself. Couldn't do it so I had to crawl to the back door. Got Rose to bring my phone and called the fire department. They know me because this is the 3rd time they have been called for this reason. ?
Screenshot_20211014-202014_Ring.jpgq

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Got stuck in some soft ground in my electric wheelchair. Tried getting off my chair and freeing it myself. Couldn't do it so I had to crawl to the back door. Got Rose to bring my phone and called the fire department. They know me because this is the 3rd time they have been called for this reason. ?
View attachment 334622q
Aw'ww, Ray, I'm so sorry to hear that. I can imagine it Just kinda messes up the rest of the day. I'm sure it sucks having crawl back inside...At least it wasn't a roll-over....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 334622q
Looks like you need a little button in your pocket like mine ? I have CST ?? all you gotta do is push the button. Rose would have known cause the inside thing sounds an alarm ? You should have seen my family scrambling to shut that thing up the first time I accidentally set it off. They were in the house and I was outside playing ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
View attachment 334622q
Time to turn Opo into a chair hauler since he's mastered hauling tubs? Need some sort of harnass, a heavy duty rope with a sturdy hook on one end & someplace to hook it on the chair. Do you think he'd respond to an air horn?

The way Mary Knobbins hauls big tires these days, they could be quite the dual.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
View attachment 334622q
Oh dear Ray, I hope you are OK with no damage to you or your chair.
I was also going to suggest training Opo as a rescue tort but Jan beat me to it!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
It's a grey but dry and calm day here.
Fudge had a good night and slept through which means that I did too!
Lola has popped out for a snack, had a quick look at the garden but didn't go out and has now gone back to his hide.
I've got some shopping to do so I'll catch up with you all later.
TTFN

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
View attachment 334622q
Yikes Ray! Be careful out there. It’s a cruel world. Glad all is back to normal.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Aw'ww, Ray, I'm so sorry to hear that. I can imagine it Just kinda messes up the rest of the day. I'm sure it sucks having crawl back inside...At least it wasn't a roll-over....
It was much easier to roll across the yard.?
I didn't have my phone with me. So I needed to roll to the door to get Rose. When I first got out of the chair on to the ground. Opo came over and sat down next to me. I had to wait for him to get out of the way. To start my rolling.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Looks like you need a little button in your pocket like mine ? I have CST ?? all you gotta do is push the button. Rose would have known cause the inside thing sounds an alarm ? You should have seen my family scrambling to shut that thing up the first time I accidentally set it off. They were in the house and I was outside playing ?
Rose keeps saying she is going to get me one.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You could move to Oregon where people don't tan, they rust...it has been raining every day for a month now...I was born and raised in SF...Oregon is pretty cool...literally...lol
fog
100_6604.JPG