COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning all - no sun today but still dry.

It's Bonfire Night in the UK - no doubt there'll be lots of loud bangs and booms this evening as fireworks are set off. That will probably last all weekend :(
I don't mind the pretty, quieter fireworks but I hate the ones that sound like bombs going off and make the windows shake! They terrify and distress animals.
A few years ago Sainsbury made the decision not to sell fireworks in their shops for that reason - so well done to them!
Remember, remember the 5th of November,
Gunpowder treason and plot!
I see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.
.......................i
t's one tradition I wouldn't mind losing.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

It's Bonfire Night in the UK - no doubt there'll be lots of loud bangs and booms this evening as fireworks are set off. That will probably last all weekend :(
I don't mind the pretty, quieter fireworks but I hate the ones that sound like bombs going off and make the windows shake! They terrify and distress animals.
A few years ago Sainsbury made the decision not to sell fireworks in their shops for that reason - so well done to them!
I see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.
.......................i

Aagh, I almost forgot!

Gunpowder, treason & plot.
I fail to see how the 5th of November could ever be forgot!

Happy Guy Fawkes Day & Night

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Our third straight morning of heavy frost & bright sunshine. ?☃️❄️
Yes and here it's been getting down as far as 25°f. But gets up to the 50's in the daytime. So that helps but I'm cold most of the time. I'm dragging out my winter clothes, leggings, half gloves, etc.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all, we've had a drizzly start and I think more showers are on the way for this afternoon but the sun is out at the moment and it's warmer again.

The fireworks weren't too bad last night - at least they didn't go on too late. There'll probably be more this evening though if Saturday is the preferred night for a party. I don't think the organised displays have started again yet because of covid.

Lola is having a lie in and not ventured out yet. I have to go to the shops to stock up on food for him - weeds are getting thinner on the ground and those left aren't looking very appetising. So I'll see you later.
Happy Saturday!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Pretty Autumnal feel here today. Bright sunshine, cool breeze, leaves blowing about.

While working in the garden I trimmed & gathered a bunch of outside food for our Sully. A bunch of grape leaves, some monster variegated Hosta leaves & a bunch of banana stalks/baby leaves.

Same wxr forecast for tomorrow & Monday, maybe warmer. I’m going to make an attempt to get out on the water for some nice tree pix.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
Bright, chilly and breezy here too.

I have to go back to the shops this afternoon - I got to the checkouts yesterday only to find I'd left my bank card at home and didn't have enough cash with me :rolleyes: Round 2 today and I'll double check before I go!

I'd better get going actually - Lola didn't leave his hide at all yesterday but he's out and about today and already finished up the food I had in, which means he'll be looking for more.

So happy Sunday and see you later - TTFN

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

I see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.
.......................i

Happy guy fox day!! Hopefully it wasn't too bad.