COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Ahhh. Might as well be a completely different country. ?
I've actually met someone here on TFO that lives in the same county I live in. Really close and a little city I really like. Even then it seems kinda far away. There was also a young guy I met at one of our pet shops. He worked there but I haven't seen him since the pandemic started so I don't know if he still does. I don't get out much but would really like to meet the newest one. She's around my age and we at least have one thing in common. We love a tortoise ?.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The fish will eventually love that when it finally goes in. Cool. The best fish I ever caught was when I went fishing around something like that. It was a northern Pike. Everyone thought I had a stump until it jumped out of the water.? Then I had to have help because all I had was a cane pole. It was fun but I didn't eat it. It had teeth and a tongue ? I gave it to the people that helped me.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Ahhh. Might as well be a completely different country. ?
When I was in SA the people we stayed with drove us somewhere they said was 'just down the road' - I was expecting a 5 minute drive - it took 40 minutes! Quite a trek to me but to them that really was just down the road!
I suppose that must be the same for some US states. Such vast countries.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
When I was in SA the people we stayed with drove us somewhere they said was 'just down the road' - I was expecting a 5 minute drive - it took 40 minutes! Quite a trek to me but to them that really was just down the road!
I suppose that must be the same for some US states. Such vast countries.
That's the same here. In the same county may be meeting halfway and still at least a 20 minute drive probably more. The same state could be hours. To meet in the same county would be to make a day of it for me because life with animals means you have to be back home for the usual chores. The critters tend to get coo coo if you decide to take a day off...?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello all. Sorry about my prolonged absence. When we went on holiday to France at the end of August and, as a family, we decided to have a break from social media. I was allowed to post to Instagram because that meant my mother in law knew we hadn’t been murdered, but that was it. I just haven’t got back into things since.

We had a fabulous stay in France. Daughter stayed with us the whole time and son and girlfriend were with us for a week. Son’s girlfriend is French so they went to see some of her family too.

On our return, I have been back at the rescue. Baby bird season being over, I am back on the regular rota of adult birds, hedgehogs and anything else that gets brought in.

This baby was about 3 weeks old and weighed 90g
E637EB71-34AA-4359-B3A3-08C59DB3832F.jpeg
CEED2A20-EED2-413E-8B5F-06AEA1D43BA1.jpeg

JoesDad and I returned to France for a week last month. Our 30th wedding anniversary was in 2020 and we booked some hotels and restaurants there. We couldn’t go due to covid restrictions, and we couldn’t get a refund on deposits, so we rescheduled them… all but one anyway. The last was being refurbished so that’s happening next March!

Most of the hedgehogs in my garden disappeared on October 30th - they’ll be hibernating. We still have 2 visitors. One was very small at the end of October… too small for hibernation. Like tortoises we are looking for 500-600g. However, here in Kent the weather is still relatively warm and hedgehogs can gain 20g a day so I have been feeding and watching.
AC43ACD0-AC33-43F8-84CE-F1BEABB255C5.jpeg

This was Teeny last night… growing fast. :) I weighed him about a week ago and he was 340g so I’m hopeful he won’t have to go to the rescue :)
2C8B170C-A282-4042-A14B-6AB02E638B7B.jpeg

Last week I managed to do my back in…. getting into the car ? It’s the worst I have been in a very long time. I am pleased to report that I finally seem to have turned a corner and getting my socks on was relatively straightforward this morning thank goodness.

I hope all is well in the CDR. There’s no hope of me catching up on everything I missed.

Linda x :tort:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I've sent Linda an email to try to find out if she's ok.

That’s good, usually she lets us all know when she’s off trekking & out of comms.

.I don’t think that I’v seen big Ray recently. @Ray--Opo … u ok?

Great….I see Linda is alive! Welcome back Linda.