COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
They have said that it can cause long term health problems (long covid) so maybe his lungs were affected.
Get well soon, Joe.
?️ He got started on his antibiotic a few minutes ago it's a good one... He will hide the fact that he is sick from me. And he did the last time. He can't stand it if he can't do his regular stuff. This time he got trapped ? well?...this round of a z pack may fix him.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I guess Razberri decided today, of all days, that she needed some attention. She's a bunny that never is a thumper until today ? she thumped the floor several times ??? I was thinking what's up ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
He's negative for COVID 19 but has the start of pneumonia again. He'll be right as rain quicker this time because getting him in early will keep it from progressing this time. I just wonder if having had COVID-19 in January has left him more open for getting pneumonia. This is the second time this year as he just had it in July also.
Well then, are you keeping the house warm enough 24/7, are you using a mister or humidifier, are you soaking him....all those questions we ask about torts w/URIs? Just kidding.

Respiratory infections in humans can be just as hard to get rid of totally, so he may need extra watching and/or meds. I went thru chronic bronchitis back in my bartending days when they still allowed smoking in bars. I just couldn't shake it until after I quit.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
No frost this morning but the next few days will the calm, before the weekend storm - or gales.
Not much happening today other than my flu jab.
Lola has been out, and I caught him nibbling his cuttlebone which he hasn't done for months - he must have needed a calcium top up. He gets some twice a week but I wonder if he's possibly feeling the lack of weeds?
Anyway better get myself to the GP surgery so see you later.
Happy Wednesday!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yes, Happy Wednesday all. Another bright sunny start to our day here AND cold. ❄️☃️ Mid-20’s throughout the area, but will warm to a balmy 50 or so. We’re contemplating a woodland hike this afternoon, go find some fresh air & look for some wildlife. We might hang a few Christmas decorations as well. ?? Not too many.

Time for another Project Pix - project engineer inspecting work completed.

1D295C4F-FB3C-4AF8-AB3B-61D016EBD1FE.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I got a card from you, Cathie! Made my day! And thank you for enclosing one of Bee's penguins (Silly or Willy?). It's frosty this morning; should keep the S/Willy happy :D <3
Wow. I wondered about the penguins and if I should. That's making my day as much as yours. What's really kind of a little miracle is I didn't know that was kind of a signature for her.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well then, are you keeping the house warm enough 24/7, are you using a mister or humidifier, are you soaking him....all those questions we ask about torts w/URIs? Just kidding.

Respiratory infections in humans can be just as hard to get rid of totally, so he may need extra watching and/or meds. I went thru chronic bronchitis back in my bartending days when they still allowed smoking in bars. I just couldn't shake it until after I quit.
I always used peppermint tea for my son as soon as I heard the sound of bronchitis in my son's voice. His would get started with cold weather because he also had a heart problem. So I was always fighting it with him. It worked and with a little bit of honey even better.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

No I think the right humidity is just as important for us as it is for torts. I run 2 in my home. One for Sapphire's room and one for us. I wish I could run one in his bedroom but I'm afraid he'll have an accident with it.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all
It's been a lovely sunny day here - very cold but not icy yet.
Lola has stayed in his hide all day, but he's enjoyed room service.
I'm going to have another bonfire of old papers - I have paperless bills/correspondence etc as much as possible now so hopefully by the time I've finished I should only have a few files to store.
I hope you're all having a good Thanksgiving Day.
See you later.