COLD DARK ROOM

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
El Sobrante, CA.
I really want an Umbrella Cockatoo...and there's several up for adoption here. But have I never owned a big bird like that and that's one criteria the adoption place has...and they probably need more care than I want or have time for...
Umbrella Too's are beautiful birds, There's an adoption organization here in SF (Mickaboo) that will NOT adopt out any birds to households that have cats. I have a friend that is a cat lady, and they gave her a big thumbs down.
One thing about the Too's, is they can be SCREAMER'S, to the point of ear piercing. I have a Triton, and If I get a Call, He knows it and starts his screaming......

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Happy Saturday all. Warming trend for a few days - I’m going to get out on the water for some December kayaking. This will be 24 months now that Ive been out at least once per monty. The Winter months make it tricky….snow, ice & wind aren’t conducive to wet water sports.

Lets see what’s inside these Pine Boards
View attachment 337008
Wow, your bowl is coming along nicely, should be a beautiful grain pattern when done.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Umbrella Too's are beautiful birds, There's an adoption organization here in SF (Mickaboo) that will NOT adopt out any birds to households that have cats. I have a friend that is a cat lady, and they gave her a big thumbs down.
One thing about the Too's, is they can be SCREAMER'S, to the point of ear piercing. I have a Triton, and If I get a Call, He knows it and starts his screaming......
I was thinking that bird was the same type a pet shop here had ? man could that bird make some noise. He actually fell in love with one of the employees and was always yelling for him. You could hear that lovely bird outside ???

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK...I finally know you guys don't really read my stuff...61 parakeets?? Really? typo 16
Well, I read it, but couldn't imagine you had that many birds. I thought you had been taking the babies to the pet store. I thought - WHEW! No wonder I can' t hear her when we're on the phone!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Beautiful picture, looks really tranquil.
Yes, our burning bushes are really looking great this year. Some early frosts gave them their chill & now looking nice. I found two more baby burning bushes this afternoon raking, so I’ll get those transplanted tomorrow. ???

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
On their web site they say you have to have experience with big birds and they do a home check...L don't have any experience w/bigger than parakeets...lol

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yes, it's why you put the lid down. Buster's been caught but not photoed doing same as Simon. He's so lazy that he would jump in the tub to get the drips from the leaky faucet in the tub rather than go downstairs to drink out of his water bowl in the old house. Imagine pulling the shower curtain to step into the tub & there's this big fat hairy thing in there & he's not your husband. Whoa, Nelly!!
He looks embarrassed...because of his tail? Is that a potty cut?
Simon just this morning went running thru the living room like his butt was on fire and I thought he looked odd...when he came running back thru I saw one big turd and a string then the second turd half that size and the string went into his anus and they were just hanging and swinging around scaring him so he was freaking out. It wasn't string, it was Christmas tree tinsel. I had some on a wreath, up high but he loves string of any type and he got him some tinsel. But he was so freaked he wouldn't let me near him...so I got some what Y calls kitty crack and shook the box, and he came running (remember he weighs 30 lbs and is ALWAYS hungry) so while he was eating the few treats I gently pulled the tinsel out of his body...egad
Smokey
100_0887.JPG

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I was thinking that bird was the same type a pet shop here had ? man could that bird make some noise. He actually fell in love with one of the employees and was always yelling for him. You could hear that lovely bird outside ???
Oh, yes. . .My Calico Macaw, Andrè, (Green-winged Macaw x Military Macaw) will call Ma, Ma'aa, Ma'aaa in the evening. I reply WHAT!, What!, What'tttt!

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
He looks embarrassed...because of his tail? Is that a potty cut?
Simon just this morning went running thru the living room like his butt was on fire and I thought he looked odd...when he came running back thru I saw one big turd and a string then the second turd half that size and the string went into his anus and they were just hanging and swinging around scaring him so he was freaking out. It wasn't string, it was Christmas tree tinsel. I had some on a wreath, up high but he loves string of any type and he got him some tinsel. But he was so freaked he wouldn't let me near him...so I got some what Y calls kitty crack and shook the box, and he came running (remember he weighs 30 lbs and is ALWAYS hungry) so while he was eating the few treats I gently pulled the tinsel out of his body...egad
Smokey
View attachment 337031
Silly cat!
I've heard that eating giving Xmas decorations can give you a bad throat - tinsellitis ;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all another bright sunny windy day.
Not sure if it's worth sweeping leaves today, I think I'll wait until they've all fallen.
Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Sunday all. Another bright, sunny start to our day here. We’ve had a string of pretty nice Autumnal weather. Cool to frosty nights & mornings followed by bright sunshiny days. Hard to complain.

Lots on the agenda today in the garden, garage & basement.

Ill leave you with another shot from yesterday’s paddle. Look closely in here for the hidden Blue Heron.

AF31D243-508B-421F-84DC-A40A55FBA5CA.jpeg

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Finally. After many years of submitting photos to a regional kayaking company for their annual “Calendar Competition,” one of my snaps was selected. ?

So, this photo’s a “winner”….

View attachment 337033
Wow, what a great picture. Lot of depth, lot of character, and the lighting, with the shine off of the boat is wonderful. Good Job!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Happy Sunday all. Another bright, sunny start to our day here. We’ve had a string of pretty nice Autumnal weather. Cool to frosty nights & mornings followed by bright sunshiny days. Hard to complain.

Lots on the agenda today in the garden, garage & basement.

Ill leave you with another shot from yesterday’s paddle. Look closely in here for the hidden Blue Heron.

View attachment 337052
I would have missed it if you hadn't of pointed it out...great shot!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Finally. After many years of submitting photos to a regional kayaking company for their annual “Calendar Competition,” one of my snaps was selected. ?

So, this photo’s a “winner”….

View attachment 337033
Good for you. Your photos should have one something long ago.? That one's interesting and good.