COLD DARK ROOM

norma.b

Location (City and/or State)
St Lucia ESTUARY KZN South Africa
Good morning all it's bright and sunny but very breezy here.
I keep thinking it's Saturday today, not that it matters much as I've no plans..
I hope you all have a peaceful Sunday and I'll see you later.
I thought the stray cat I had spayed would love to get out of the dark room I kept her in over night. Fed her this morning and opened the door to let her out.. No way she is leaving ! Decided she wants to stay in the Cold Dark Room. Must be because it's peaceful. Plus she gets fed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I thought the stray cat I had spayed would love to get out of the dark room I kept her in over night. Fed her this morning and opened the door to let her out.. No way she is leaving ! Decided she wants to stay in the Cold Dark Room. Must be because it's peaceful. Plus she gets fed.
Have we seen pictures of this new animal and I missed them?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Happy Sunday.

I placed some more chicken out last evening & within 15 mins two large Vultures were enjoying dinner. They spent a long time savoring those chicken nuggets! No sauce.
You can't post things like that and don't include pictures. That's just rude!

norma.b

Have we seen pictures of this new animal and I missed them?
I don't really intend keeping her she is a feral kitten that decided mine would be a nice house to live in. Got her spayed yesterday as there are about 12 ferals on my property who have been lured here by a tenant I have in my flat. She had 4 when she arrived and I had 1 4yr old cat so count is now up 16 in my kitchen in the mornings demanding breakfast. Posting a photo of little Buttons who U need to find a home for as she is very sweet. So many cats and kittens that are unhomed. Costing me an arm and a leg 💪

norma.b

I don't really intend keeping her she is a feral kitten that decided mine would be a nice house to live in. Got her spayed yesterday as there are about 12 ferals on my property who have been lured here by a tenant I have in my flat. She had 4 when she arrived and I had 1 4yr old cat so count is now up 16 in my kitchen in the mornings demanding breakfast. Posting a photo of little Buttons who I need to find a home for as she is very sweet. So many cats and kittens that are unhomed. Costing me an arm and a leg 💪

Attachments

• 20220418_172617.jpg
    20220418_172617.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220410_102142.jpg
    20220410_102142.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I don't really intend keeping her she is a feral kitten that decided mine would be a nice house to live in. Got her spayed yesterday as there are about 12 ferals on my property who have been lured here by a tenant I have in my flat. She had 4 when she arrived and I had 1 4yr old cat so count is now up 16 in my kitchen in the mornings demanding breakfast. Posting a photo of little Buttons who U need to find a home for as she is very sweet. So many cats and kittens that are unhomed. Costing me an arm and a leg 💪
That's a lot of cats, but they obviously know where to go for a welcome and good care.
It's a shame people don't have them spayed more to cut down of the unwanted kittens.:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lovely! Cats are my absolute favorite animal in the whole world. I spend may hours looking at funny cat videos on the 'net. My current count is two indoors and five outdoors. They all came to me as strays except for one of the indoor cats, Little Kitten, a calico. I've always wanted a calico and when the opportunity arrose, even though I already have enough cats, I couldn't resist. My favorite:

Little Kitten in the basket - Copy.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Interesting factoid. The other day I found a whole pile of very old very dried out oyster shells that were full encrusted with all kinds of encrusted worm tubes/shells/barnacles. I picked up a handful, brought them home, soaked them & scrubbed them off thinking that hey….this is just a wild natural source of calcium. I tossed them in with our Sully’s food stuff & today I see that they have been fully destroyed, eaten & smashed up. Good for beak filing & calcium intake.

Thoughts?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
😻😻🐢🐢🐶🐶💕
Looks like YOU might be a new pet 🤪 I once had a feral kitten choose me. Everytime she saw me outside she would run to me crying. I did take her in but eventually did find her a good home because she just didn't fit in with my house rabbit. A friend took her and I could keep tabs on her 😉

norma.b

I'm in similar situation. I'm tryingbto sell my home and might go back to Pretoria. 2 dogs and my older cat cat would be all I can take. Fortunately the torts have a home to go back to as I'm just nursing them back to health till I manage to sell up. So I have to find her a good home preferably while she is still young. Fortunately property isn't selling easily. Market should recover soon..

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Interesting factoid. The other day I found a whole pile of very old very dried out oyster shells that were full encrusted with all kinds of encrusted worm tubes/shells/barnacles. I picked up a handful, brought them home, soaked them & scrubbed them off thinking that hey….this is just a wild natural source of calcium. I tossed them in with our Sully’s food stuff & today I see that they have been fully destroyed, eaten & smashed up. Good for beak filing & calcium intake.

Thoughts?
I've been thinking and wondering about that same subject with my Russian. Calcium and the source and also even for myself. Since Sullys eat a bit of animal it's more than likely ok for them. But I'm not an expert. But I was thinking that possibly I could find a plant based calcium for Sapphire that I wouldn't have to hide in his food. I've been reading that certain types of algae are good sources of calcium. They are selling capsules of it for vegetarians.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm in similar situation. I'm tryingbto sell my home and might go back to Pretoria. 2 dogs and my older cat cat would be all I can take. Fortunately the torts have a home to go back to as I'm just nursing them back to health till I manage to sell up. So I have to find her a good home preferably while she is still young. Fortunately property isn't selling easily. Market should recover soon..
Well then I'll hope and pray with you. It was a relief when I rehomed that kitten. She wasn't real young by then maybe 6 months but it worked out... and she got the help she needed.