COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hahaha 😂 she'll probably settle down once she's taken over your spot 😜 on the couch and lap 🤣. Oh my garsh don't remind me that Christmas is so close... time goes too fast.
It's almost as if she races me to the sofa and enjoys the triumph!
I've had to cover it over because the cushions have buttons on them which she tries to bite off.
She is certainly a handful compared to Fudge, her predecessor, but still very loveable!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's almost as if she races me to the sofa and enjoys the triumph!
I've had to cover it over because the cushions have buttons on them which she tries to bite off.
She is certainly a handful compared to Fudge, her predecessor, but still very loveable!
I always have a house rabbit so I do understand 😅 My couch is always covered because of that.😂 Razberri (mini lop)isn't as bad about chewing though. QueSi (mini rex my last baby) was a crazy rabbit 🐇 though!!!! She ricocheted all over everything. Including the walls. All my comforters got chewed. She used to do a great show of doing that right in front me and daring me to say a thing. So I bought cheap stuff and picked up the pieces.🤗😁

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know. And I've never heard of feeding a Tortoise a hard-boiled egg either. But I don't know a dang thing about large torts so I don't feel qualified to even answer but the person didn't have anyone answer after many hours so...
Redfoot and Box turtles can eat boiled eggs

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes. It’s all cast iron & i think bought it from Lowes about 15 years ago. It’s not made of tin like the new ones that only last a year.
I always did like the little hibachi grills but that one is even better with the lid. If I ever see one it will be mine. You'll have that one for your lifetime and beyond 🙂

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all,
Happy May Day!
We have a bank holiday tomorrow and some areas have fairs or events on this weekend; I don't think many villages still have Maypoles to dance around now.
We've had a wet and chilly day here but the rain is much needed and very welcome.
I managed to get out to walk with Tilly and when we went back to her house to feed the fish, she had a good run around doing circuits of their garden and then spent ages chasing her toys around, I got fed up of throwing them before she got fed up of bringing them back. She's now collapsed and snoring on my sofa and I think I'll soon be joining her!!
I hope you're all having a good Sunday!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Out finishing up some gardening before the 💧💧💧💧

Found this little Robin’s nest in our tree.

View attachment 344039

Ooooo!!!!! That’s so pretty!!
Boy, that poor birds butt must hurt a lot tonight.! 😱 no wonder she flew away for the night…..🤭

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon/evening all,
Happy May Day!
We have a bank holiday tomorrow and some areas have fairs or events on this weekend; I don't think many villages still have Maypoles to dance around now.
We've had a wet and chilly day here but the rain is much needed and very welcome.
I managed to get out to walk with Tilly and when we went back to her house to feed the fish, she had a good run around doing circuits of their garden and then spent ages chasing her toys around, I got fed up of throwing them before she got fed up of bringing them back. She's now collapsed and snoring on my sofa and I think I'll soon be joining her!!
I hope you're all having a good Sunday!
Nice that Tilly got worn out finally💤 and Cinco de Mayo is coming up too. Taco time.🌮🫔🍻

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Out finishing up some gardening before the 💧💧💧💧

Found this little Robin’s nest in our tree.

View attachment 344039
That's so cool. A little Robin I helped maybe layed eggs right where I could look into the nest while the babies were growing. I didn't know the babies are black with white spots before then. It would be so nice if you could get pictures while they are growing. 🤗

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Hi everyone, have a good day! Yesterday was workers day, so today we have off, just like you guys in the UK @Lyn W! Hope you are enjoying your day off.
Yesterday we went on a walk20220501_124208.jpgWe saw a few zebras, they really didn't care that we walked by, they were rather tame20220501_130254.jpgA blesbok20220501_133359.jpgA yellow pansy butterfly. (There were a few dozens of them and yellow winged butterflies, all fluttering in the fields)20220501_133936.jpgA springbok
We walked over a few hills, in total it was 11km!
Today were going to a party for my great grandfather. I'm not looking forward to it, it's going to be with *that* side of the family. Wish me luck!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hi everyone, have a good day! Yesterday was workers day, so today we have off, just like you guys in the UK @Lyn W! Hope you are enjoying your day off.
Yesterday we went on a walkView attachment 344071We saw a few zebras, they really didn't care that we walked by, they were rather tameView attachment 344072A blesbokView attachment 344073A yellow pansy butterfly. (There were a few dozens of them and yellow winged butterflies, all fluttering in the fields)View attachment 344074A springbok
Today were going to a party for my great grandfather. I'm not looking forward to it, it's going to be with *that* side of the family. Wish me luck!
Hope you come out of the visit "unscathed." So yeah, Good Luck!! Great photos!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yesterday we went on a walkView attachment 344071We saw a few zebras, they really didn't care that we walked by, they were rather tameView attachment 344072A blesbokView attachment 344073A yellow pansy butterfly. (There were a few dozens of them and yellow winged butterflies, all fluttering in the fields)View attachment 344074A springbok
Those are such wonderful pictures. I've always heard that zebras can't be tamed though. If that's true they probably just didn't care cause you looked harmless enough 🤪 and knew they could take you on and win. Good luck with your family get together 🤗 I've found it pays to just sit and listen around "that" then get the heck out of dodge. And enjoy the rest of your day.😊