Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Can this REALLY be true????
No way…!!!!!! Right?
Good morning everybody .
Sorry I just jumped on here when my brother and his wife sent me this article…
I’ll come back after lunch.
You guys please tell me this is not possible!?!?!?!?! Wow!!!
😲 wow! I can not believe it!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Can this REALLY be true????
No way…!!!!!! Right?
Good morning everybody .
Sorry I just jumped on here when my brother and his wife sent me this article…
I’ll come back after lunch.
You guys please tell me this is not possible!?!?!?!?! Wow!!!
I doubt that very much.
I'm sure the poor thing would have died of dehydration and starvation as well as lack of uvb long before that😟

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well hello everyone, it has been awhile. Hope everyone is doing well. Nothing new here, haven't had rain but a couple short moments. About 3 times in the last 3 weeks. A half mile away they are doing fine with the rain.
One of my sons is coming to Marathon Key on Monday. His wife and 2 grandsons are coming also.We will be going down to visit them for 4 days. It is only a 2hr trip for us to Marathon Key.
Of course we will go fishing!😁
Good to not see you Ray!
Sounds like you have a good trip lined up and I hope you have a great time!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
I've had an unexpectedly busy weekend.
My sister from Leicester made a spur of the moment visit to Cardiff to visit her son and his family on Friday so I've had one of their dogs staying with me - Alfie the Pomeranian who is a ball of fluff. He's not interested in Lola in the way that Tilly is, but obviously still kept them separated - more to protect Alfie from curious Lola!
We had a family get together at a local spot, yesterday and I'll be joining them for lunch later on, so its been a very nice couple of days.
I hope you're all having a good weekend too and a very peaceful Sunday.
TTFN

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's been a funny day.
Started off really well and had a lovely lunch with some of the family.

But when I got home this evening I was in my garden and the yob neighbour climbed his ladder and started cutting my holly tree. I asked him to make sure he was only cutting the shoots that overhang his garden and said it would have been courtesy for him to tell me in advance, to which he launched into an abusive tirade telling me he didn't have to ask. Then he leant over and started cutting the lower shoots which certainly weren't over hanging because of the fence so more expletives followed when I challenged that.
A very unpleasant end to the weekend.:( I wish I could find that new home I've been looking for.

Alfie has been handed over for his trip home. so normal service is resumed for Lola and I. I'll miss him though - he's quite character.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It's been a funny day.

But when I got home this evening I was in my garden and the yob neighbour climbed his ladder and started cutting my holly tree. I asked him to make sure he was only cutting the shoots that overhang his garden and said it would have been courtesy for him to tell me in advance, to which he launched into an abusive tirade telling me he didn't have to ask. Then he leant over and started cutting the lower shoots which certainly weren't over hanging because of the fence so more expletives followed when I challenged that.
A very unpleasant end to the weekend.:( I wish I could find that new home I've been looking for.

Alfie has been handed over for his trip home. so normal service is resumed for Lola and I. I'll miss him though - he's quite character.
Darn neighbor's,

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's been a funny day.

Alfie is a little Pomeranian? Does he like to bite ankles?🤔 just a suggestion.maybe your neighbors need to move.🙏😊

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
When it rains it pours….. not only did we get our wood chips delivered this morning - this afternoon we had some big storms blow through taking down a few large limbs in the back garden. More work!

Mulch Delivery
View attachment 345056

Trees Snapping
View attachment 345057
What a shame - trees are vulnerable to storms at all times, but even more so when in leaf.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Alfie is a little Pomeranian? Does he like to bite ankles?🤔 just a suggestion.maybe your neighbors need to move.🙏😊
No he's not into ankle biting 😀 He thinks everyone should make a fuss of him so he's very friendly. He's 5 years old now.

I wish my neighbours would move - it would save me the hassle!