COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We’re getting a NEW ROOF this coming week. Yep…forking out big bucks next week to get a new “architectural” asphalt shingle roof & brandy new gutters & downspouts. Sooooooooo, with rain forecast for tomorrow, we went up on our sun roof (already hot n very humid) & removed our solar panels. 🥵

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
We’re getting a NEW ROOF this coming week. Yep…forking out big bucks next week to get a new “architectural” asphalt shingle roof & brandy new gutters & downspouts. Sooooooooo, with rain forecast for tomorrow, we went up on our sun roof (already hot n very humid) & removed our solar panels. 🥵
Bum, I bet that was a chore. I need a new roof soon, and am dreading having to remove my (16) Panels in 2 locations. Hope your roofers are able to put all the strut's back in the exact same spot....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hello TFO member, just wanted to share this picture of my dog. She can't stand these Hot, Dog days of summer. The heat just wore her out, she is 12 yrs. old.

Attachments

• 20220626_213001.jpg
    20220626_213001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi all, hope everything is well with everyone.
Just wanted to let you know that if you know anyone looking for a 2 yr old sulcata. It is located in New York and owner wants to give it a better home.
Sad but not surprising, It must be difficult housing a growing sullie in a big city.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
And, the shingles have arrived & already on the roof. Now the roofers get to unpack & whack them into place.
Wish our workmen were as prompt, reliable and conscientious here as they seem to be in the US. The last time I had a new roof on my last house, it was started in the Sept and not finished until the January. After starting it the roofers took on a council contract which took priority over mine. They said what they had done was watertight but it caused a lot of water damage inside. Ended up getting someone else in and the original roofers had to pay for new ceilings and decoration. Nightmare :eek:

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all, it's a very breezy but bright day here.
Lola is out soaking up some uvb and it's a good day for drying washing - trouble is it's making more ironing - not my favourite job!!!
I hope you all have a good Monday - the start of another week and only 4 days left in June!
See you later.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Wish our workmen were as prompt, reliable and conscientious here as they seem to be in the US. The last time I had a new roof on my last house, it was started in the Sept and not finished until the January. After starting it the roofers took on a council contract which too priority over mine. They said what they had done was watertight but it caused a lot of water damage inside. Ended up getting someone else in and the original roofers had to pay for new ceilings and decoration. Nightmare :eek:
Wow, I'd be on Yelp, and ND letting everyone know how bad they were. 2 weeks would be bad, 5 months is totally out of the question. I would be seeking the advice of an attorney.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Wow, I'd be on Yelp, and ND letting everyone know how bad they were. 2 weeks would be bad, 5 months is totally out of the question. I would be seeking the advice of an attorney.
This was back in the late 90's and I didn't have a computer then but I did see a solicitor. These guys were acquaintances of mine too but it counted for nothing, I would shop around a lot more these days! You live and learn.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Wish our workmen were as prompt, reliable and conscientious here as they seem to be in the US. The last time I had a new roof on my last house, it was started in the Sept and not finished until the January. After starting it the roofers took on a council contract which took priority over mine. They said what they had done was watertight but it caused a lot of water damage inside. Ended up getting someone else in and the original roofers had to pay for new ceilings and decoration. Nightmare :eek:

Ouch! 😡 That sounds like an absolute nightmare. I’m not too sure our workmen are more or less conscientious - the guy doing our roof lives around the corner & seems to do a good business on locals. We were also able to negotiate the cost down & got “free” rain gutters & downspouts & gutter guards.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ouch! 😡 That sounds like an absolute nightmare. I’m not too sure our workmen are more or less conscientious - the guy doing our roof lives around the corner & seems to do a good business on locals. We were also able to negotiate the cost down & got “free” rain gutters & downspouts & gutter guards.
That actually sounds like a really good deal but I'll be hoping and praying for you anyway. I did a similar thing with someone I knew and as it turned out it was a good thing. That doesn't mean I wasn't nervous in the meantime. I really like your hummingbird feeder.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello TFO member, just wanted to share this picture of my dog. She can't stand these Hot, Dog days of summer. The heat just wore her out, she is 12 yrs. old.
She's so sweet. Poor little one. Something I've found over the years to help a hot animal is...a two liter pop bottle ice cube. Just fill an empty one with water, freeze it and it's ready for helping to cool.☺️

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
She's so sweet. Poor little one. Something I've found over the years to help a hot animal is...a two liter pop bottle ice cube. Just fill an empty one with water, freeze it and it's ready for helping to cool.☺️
My dogs live in the house with air-conditioning, the dogs only go out too use the bathroom and my wife will turn the air-conditioner on just for the animals and lower the temperature for them if needed. 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 Rosy Bourke Parakeet and Sammy my Sulcata. I just the keeper in this Zoo.