COLD DARK ROOM

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's warmed up again today and dry. We've had some showers the last few days but we really could do with something more substantial - many trees are already shedding their leaves.
I've finally decided on my new laptop and heading to a store to buy it tomorrow. I'm fed up of looking.
The keyboard layout has changed on most new models with them swapping over the position of
@ and " - I don't know why they've done that but it will take a bit of getting used to.
I hope you're all well and having a good Tuesday.
Hi Lyn and hope you and Lola are well.

Congratulations on having chosen a laptop. Have you bought it yet? if I may ask.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I feel like I'm bragging, with all of the posts, since it's only around 81°f around here. It's from a cold front blowing east. So I'm doing comfy food tonight and warming our home with cooking... I'm cold and Sapphire hasn't been able to be outside for 2 whole days. It's been too overcast and rainy. In a few days we'll be too hot again. We have until Monday before summer cracks down again 🙂

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I feel like I'm bragging, with all of the posts, since it's only around 81°f around here. It's from a cold front blowing east. So I'm doing comfy food tonight and warming our home with cooking... I'm cold and Sapphire hasn't been able to be outside for 2 whole days. It's been too overcast and rainy. In a few days we'll be too hot again. We have until Monday before summer cracks down again 🙂
It''s been 102-108 every day for nearly a month. Houdini gets way too hot even in the shade, so he''s stuck inside w/me. His outdoor pen is still not finished but when it was cooler, he was literally up to his old tricks of trying to escape. He also "graduated" to a bigger soaking tub since he was tall enough to hook an armpit, strong enough, stubborn enough & determined to escape the old one. I figure he's got at least a good year in this new one. He knows it, too, from the look on his face.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I'll have to look 😜 the same thing happens to me with his art. I can see new things a year later. Yep looks kinda like rabbit feet 😉 now he's in real trouble 😅

Always a fun thread to pop into and see what fun folks are having. Mags got birds....very green surroundings too! I see Jan has taken up baking.....herself! Their is East Coast hot, typically 88-93 with spikes of course but its muggy out, most of the time in July-Aug. The Midwest version of hot is what, 8% humidity and 450F, cooked for two hours? Ouch!

I saw the picture before I read the words and instantly it reminded me of some of the abstract-art, comic-book effect on cereal boxes in the late 60's. Massive talent but with that extra "kick" that folks rarely see. Watch him, he might not be right Ms Cathie<LOL>!

Mark, great pic...you always shows me familiar places since I'm blessed to live near enough that many of your pics, are my pics as well. I can actually see the ripples moving as I'm taken back in time.....that's pretty neat!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Always a fun thread to pop into and see what fun folks are having. Mags got birds....very green surroundings too! I see Jan has taken up baking.....herself! Their is East Coast hot, typically 88-93 with spikes of course but its muggy out, most of the time in July-Aug. The Midwest version of hot is what, 8% humidity and 450F, cooked for two hours? Ouch!

I saw the picture before I read the words and instantly it reminded me of some of the abstract-art, comic-book effect on cereal boxes in the late 60's. Massive talent but with that extra "kick" that folks rarely see. Watch him, he might not be right Ms Cathie<LOL>!

Mark, great pic...you always shows me familiar places since I'm blessed to live near enough that many of your pics, are my pics as well. I can actually see the ripples moving as I'm taken back in time.....that's pretty neat!
My mom always answered Joe is a cartoon 😁. when asked about his talent. Real life is even funnier.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It''s been 102-108 every day for nearly a month. Houdini gets way too hot even in the shade, so he''s stuck inside w/me. His outdoor pen is still not finished but when it was cooler, he was literally up to his old tricks of trying to escape. He also "graduated" to a bigger soaking tub since he was tall enough to hook an armpit, strong enough, stubborn enough & determined to escape the old one. I figure he's got at least a good year in this new one. He knows it, too, from the look on his face.
Sounds like Houdini got named right.😜 Sapphire is a little escape artist too though. I have found him hanging by one claw from the hardware cloth on the lids I use on his enclosures 😁 I've watched him walk up walls after he figures out a way to do it. I saw enough when I first got him to never trust that little turdess in a million years.🤗

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Well... Joe thinks I collect rabbit collectables. I don't but I have a collection. He buys me rabbits when he's up to something 🤣View attachment 348056😉😊
Nah, in his own way he''s just saying thanks for being my anchor. His artwork is so good that he should have an art exhibit sometime. He''s special...Like Kodi Lee who won AGT.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Nah, in his own way he''s just saying thanks for being my anchor. His artwork is so good that he should have an art exhibit sometime. He''s special...Like Kodi Lee who won AGT.
He does. His art is all over the place. He's infamous 😉 he's wallpapering the planet one step at a time 😂 we're just to old to keep up with him 😁🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I got into the truck to go home today and got a text from Kerry, who has been in NY since Sunday....she got covid infested.

I called her and she sounded like death sucking on a lifesaver! I of course reminded her of her Superwoman status and suggested that she call her Dr. for antivirals or short-term steroids "That's a good idea, I didn't think if that"....oh jeez hon, get with the program, you aren't 25 anymore! She's a worse patient than even I am! She got her meds 2 hrs later delivered and dropped off by her Dad.

She'll be fine, after all, she knows if something happens to her, she would feel responsible for all those poor girls....lol

Some of us feel invincible b/c we don't ever get sick, even in the face of contrary bodily evidence as we degrade<LOL>, but it's our way of being happy all the time. In truth, we are all human and you guys all know that I love that woman enough to take her to Celtic Women......yeah, THAT much! So while we won't dwell on the big guy, if you throw one up there for her, I'd be especially thankful.

BTW- since she had crawled out of my bed Sunday morning and I have that whole 1 lung thing going on, I tested when I got home.......and I'm good to go.

Don't be bummed for me......I don't mean to be a debbie-downer She's strong like bull and cute as a button!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I got into the truck to go home today and got a text from Kerry, who has been in NY since Sunday....she got covid infested.

I called her and she sounded like death sucking on a lifesaver! I of course reminded her of her Superwoman status and suggested that she call her Dr. for antivirals or short-term steroids "That's a good idea, I didn't think if that"....oh jeez hon, get with the program, you aren't 25 anymore! She's a worse patient than even I am! She got her meds 2 hrs later delivered and dropped off by her Dad.

She'll be fine, after all, she knows if something happens to her, she would feel responsible for all those poor girls....lol

Some of us feel invincible b/c we don't ever get sick, even in the face of contrary bodily evidence as we degrade<LOL>, but it's our way of being happy all the time. In truth, we are all human and you guys all know that I love that woman enough to take her to Celtic Women......yeah, THAT much! So while we won't dwell on the big guy, if you throw one up there for her, I'd be especially thankful.

BTW- since she had crawled out of my bed Sunday morning and I have that whole 1 lung thing going on, I tested when I got home.......and I'm good to go.

Don't be bummed for me......I don't mean to be a debbie-downer She's strong like bull and cute as a button!
When you have ANY illness these days, you have to take better care of yourself than you did when you were young. Best wishes for Kerry, Jeff.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.

Aw'ww Jeff, I'm so sorry to hear this . . I'm sure you all know I live by myself, with ALL my kids (Too many to count) I can't get Sick. I have NOT taken my mask off when in groups of folks. even when outside.
I'm praying for you and Kerry, I hope her infection is quickly recovered from.
That just sucks...🙏

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks guys, she's still alive today.....she's taking Paxlovid and being a PITA on the phone as I type this, so she's going to be fine!
I'm so glad she's doing well thru it. Having it isn't nice even if you wind up having a mild case with all the mental stuff that goes on too.. What in the world is a PITA? Maybe I need some of that 😉