COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
We are not as young as we thing we are and my body wants to be 30 again, but my aches and pain say I'm 80!
I know what you mean. My mind keeps working and I can't seem to catch up. It takes me so much longer to do what I used to do. Or time goes faster 😜 I haven't figured out which scenario it is yet 😅

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My wife was sitting out back and had one fly up and eat on some Rose of Sharon flowers.
That pic is an accidental. My smart phone caught the shadow of one steeeaking by the tree. That's why it looks so big 😂. Hummingbirds are so much fun. They're not a bit afraid of anything or anyone.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This one is another bad pic. but I had been watching a little downy woodpecker try to figure out how to sit and eat inside the rabbit wire cage for seed all day.🤨 and she finally figured it out 🤗IMG_20220813_170341616.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We are not as young as we thing we are and my body wants to be 30 again, but my aches and pain say I'm 80!
Ouch.............They warned us!
The old people used to teach us as kids that "you'll feel that when you're old"

We all laughed to ourselves and said, "no it won't" inside, didn't we?

What they didn't tell us was that EVERY pain we ever received, every smashed joint, every "thudded" shoulder(sound it makes when you hit pavement at speed), every twisted knee, every tackle.....every single pain will return EXACTLY as it was all those years ago.................I go through it daily..........sometimes really old injuries, sometimes newer ones....but I get to live them twice!

MAN I sure did a lot of Sh*t! My cost is high! LMAO

Ray, you da man, thanks for posting up..............60b doesn't sound like much to me, till I think about doing it sitting down!!!! Rest yourself and take care. Sometimes listening to the voice inside that's saying WHOA, isn't a bad thing buddy!

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD

What they didn't tell us was that EVERY pain we ever received, every smashed joint, every "thudded" shoulder(sound it makes when you hit pavement at speed), every twisted knee, every tackle.....every single pain will return EXACTLY as it was all those years ago.................I go through it daily..........sometimes really old injuries, sometimes newer ones....but I get to live them twice!

Ray, you da man, thanks for posting up..............60b doesn't sound like much to me, till I think about doing it sitting down!!!! Rest yourself and take care. Sometimes listening to the voice inside that's saying WHOA, isn't a bad thing buddy!
We I was around 19, I worked as a Welder and a Burner "combo man" in a major Shipyard here in Baltimore. I had many Old Timers that would tell me not to work so hard, don't pick that up by yourself. My response would always be the same, Don't worry about me Oldman. I'm young and strong, I can handle it. Their response would be, you will be sorry when you get older. Now I'm the Oldman telling younger people that to lift thing that are heavy. I have been threw alot of surgerys and when I go thru any metal detection device, with all the metal that in me it sets it off.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Right now I'm thinking I'm sure glad I never fired another gun after the one time with the 12 guage at the age of 10 or so just to see if I could.🤨 that's the shoulder that was killing me the whole month of June and July. I'm still glad I did it 😅 the only thing that set it off again was revamping my little tort's outdoor enclosure. I don't regret that either 🤗🦵🐢

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
My fans haven't arrived yet for my vid card at home so I'm kinda rambling(be warned), doing this at work while assembling a list of "adds" & VE items for the PM to take a Target pjt from Estimating.

I learned that pain, when a "constant" is best ignored, w/o taking OTC meds. To me, they are a rabbit hole, not as bad as the narcs were but over time, prob worse IMHO. Kerry says I never complain about anything hurting but I think I whine all the time...its funny. She has Dad (92) off the train in Wilmington and off to his SIL's, Kerry's Aunt on a lake in Va this w/e. I passed on this trip.....but lots of family is going so they will have fun. They are going to the house where 30 hummingbirds might be w/i 10' of you at once...pretty cool.

I had a bad habit of always landing on my left shoulder when I made sudden departures from the race bike or street bike. I was pretty good at the "shoulder roll"-practice makes perfect! :) so Ms Cathie's comment about 1 time, so many years ago....still bothering her, scare the dickens out of me for MY future!!!!! LOL

Warren had me laughing out loud...I'm an old local guy to Baltimore so picture this folks...............A typical Bethlehem shipyard welder at 20 year old, within two weeks of working there is typically tough enough to take on most 3rd world nation armies, alone.......yeah, but they don't listen either! "Strong like bull, dumb like ox" was a phrase many of us remember hearing from "old people" that we just were just being nice to but not telling them what we admit now!

I worked down there in the port across the harbor from you...... only when Dockworkers #333(is that right?) was on strike.........they called me a "Long Number" b/c they went off my SS #. I worked in a building taking bananas from one conveyor to another............all day, in 20- 25F weather....but the money was good to a unemployed 18 y/o kid in the 70's and we didn't worry about the Union guys catching us. I rode my Honda 350 motorcycle in there, no one ever hassled me. Their marchers were more for the Cameras then hurting anyone by then. Tough times though....have no desire to do that again.....but we do what we need to to eat.....I wasn't very high on the food chain on those days......LOL!

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
My fans haven't arrived yet for my vid card at home so I'm kinda rambling(be warned), doing this at work while assembling a list of "adds" & VE items for the PM to take a Target pjt from Estimating.

I learned that pain, when a "constant" is best ignored, w/o taking OTC meds. To me, they are a rabbit hole, not as bad as the narcs were but over time, prob worse IMHO. Kerry says I never complain about anything hurting but I think I whine all the time...its funny. She has Dad (92) off the train in Wilmington and off to his SIL's, Kerry's Aunt on a lake in Va this w/e. I passed on this trip.....but lots of family is going so they will have fun. They are going to the house where 30 hummingbirds might be w/i 10' of you at once...pretty cool.

I had a bad habit of always landing on my left shoulder when I made sudden departures from the race bike or street bike. I was pretty good at the "shoulder roll"-practice makes perfect! :) so Ms Cathie's comment about 1 time, so many years ago....still bothering her, scare the dickens out of me for MY future!!!!! LOL

Warren had me laughing out loud...I'm an old local guy to Baltimore so picture this folks...............A typical Bethlehem shipyard welder at 20 year old, within two weeks of working there is typically tough enough to take on most 3rd world nation armies, alone.......yeah, but they don't listen either! "Strong like bull, dumb like ox" was a phrase many of us remember hearing from "old people" that we just were just being nice to but not telling them what we admit now!

I worked down there in the port across the harbor from you...... only when Dockworkers #333(is that right?) was on strike.........they called me a "Long Number" b/c they went off my SS #. I worked in a building taking bananas from one conveyor to another............all day, in 20- 25F weather....but the money was good to a unemployed 18 y/o kid in the 70's and we didn't worry about the Union guys catching us. I rode my Honda 350 motorcycle in there, no one ever hassled me. Their marchers were more for the Cameras then hurting anyone by then. Tough times though....have no desire to do that again.....but we do what we need to to eat.....I wasn't very high on the food chain on those days......LOL!
I work for Bethlehem Steel Ship repairs, and Maryland Drydock Ship repairs. Back to your talk about Bananas, we had a ship to repair that was hauling banana when it was damaged. We had to have someone stand fire watch while you were welding, they weren't worry about a fire. They were watching for the many Tarantulas that crawled out of the banana. I retired from the Maryland Port Administration as a Crane Mechanic.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Well... it's for sure pain is a pain. I live in Denial Ohio though. I deny I'm in pain if it's the last thing I do 🤣 I'm allergic to corn and aspirin which means no OTC pain killers at all unless I want to be sick too. I'd have to go to the hospital and ask for some drugs and then they might keep me and that ain't happening 😉

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Thanks Jeff, I was just getting back into my routine at the gym and now the covid has set me back. My goal is to flip the big tractor tire at the gym. If I can keep a good routine at the gym. I figure I can attempt it in about 18 months.
I used to flip the tire back in the day. That's why I said I will attempt. A lot of obstacles in the way this time.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone, having good days and not so good days. I am sure it will take time to recover.
As soon as I got home from the hospital. Opo quit burrowing, I think his routine was interrupted of me feeding him in the morning and the one on one time scratching his shell and rubbing his head and legs in the morning.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I think it's possibly Ray, that your guy is choosing to spend time re-bonding? I admit it sounds strange for one of our little friends but stranger things have happened?

It's funny how our physical goals back in the day were "Tomorrow" or "by next week".....and now "18 mos" seems just fine! LOL At 64.5, my former World class muscle mass is turning to fat so fast I'll soon have bigger boobies than Kerry! I'm not getting fat, I'm getting soft.....and for Superman, that comes with loads of humiliation. LOL

Da Nile, that river in Egypt I had to learn about about when I became friends with Bill 31 yrs ago? Yup, know it well...... Corn Ms Cathie? Really? You are allergic to CORN? Holy cow......never heard of that one before.

There's my "new thing for the day" and it's only 3AM! Oops, time to take the trash out and get in the shower for work..........! Yikes!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I think it's possibly Ray, that your guy is choosing to spend time re-bonding? I admit it sounds strange for one of our little friends but stranger things have happened?

It's funny how our physical goals back in the day were "Tomorrow" or "by next week".....and now "18 mos" seems just fine! LOL At 64.5, my former World class muscle mass is turning to fat so fast I'll soon have bigger boobies than Kerry! I'm not getting fat, I'm getting soft.....and for Superman, that comes with loads of humiliation. LOL

Da Nile, that river in Egypt I had to learn about about when I became friends with Bill 31 yrs ago? Yup, know it well...... Corn Ms Cathie? Really? You are allergic to CORN? Holy cow......never heard of that one before.

There's my "new thing for the day" and it's only 3AM! Oops, time to take the trash out and get in the shower for work..........! Yikes!
Hey Jeff, sounds like you and I kind of lead same lives. I met Bill 19 yrs ago and everything is also turning to mush. I saw on the cover of a amputee magazine. A woman missing the right leg above the knee also. She was flipping a big tractor tire. Of course grandeur ideas formed in my head. Part of me is still navigating the Da Nile. I haven't made it to the delta yet. 😕

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well we had a rough night. Around 2am Rose went to the hospital. She has been battling abdomen pains for a few days. Ended up She has a big gallbladder stone,so as of now they are going to remove the gallbladder. 😖😖😖

Attachments

• image000000 (26).jpg
    image000000 (26).jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 2