COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I love the bunny clock and the comedy and tragedy masks. Such a lot going on in Joe's pictures - you find something new every time you look at them.
Oh my garsh 😁 I just saw the bunny with big teeth eyeballing the electric apparatus.⚡

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all,
I can't believe my bad luck today. :(
I was getting my car ready for its MOT tomorrow - emptying all the junk out etc. and went to my shed to find my oil to top it up, but in the process I knocked over a tub of fence paint which went everywhere, so had a lovely mess to clear up. The yard was brown the air was blue! 🤬
Then when I was on my way back out to the car I tripped and managed to stop myself from falling but I think I've either badly sprained or torn my hamstring in the same leg due for surgery. I felt tearing at the back of my thigh and the pain was so excruciating I thought I was going to faint.
I took painkillers and used ice on it straight away and now have it strapped up but it may mean I can't have my arthroscopy on Monday.
I am able to get about but any wrong move has me yelling in pain. I was going to ring the hospital to see what they think but my sister says I should give it until Friday in case it settles down and will be OK. I hope it does - goodness knows how long I'll have to wait if I have to postpone it. I've had too many problems with my bones and muscles the past few years and can't believe this has happened now. I haven't tried driving yet so I may have to cancel the MOT too :( They say bad luck comes in threes so maybe that will be it

I hope you're all having a better day than me!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I was getting my car ready for its MOT tomorrow - emptying all the junk out etc. and went to my shed to find my oil to top it up, but in the process I knocked over a tub of fence paint which went everywhere, so had a lovely mess to clear up. The yard was brown the air was blue! 🤬
Then when I was on my way back out to the car I tripped and managed to stop myself from falling but I think I've either badly sprained or torn my hamstring in the same leg due for surgery. I felt tearing at the back of my thigh and the pain was so excruciating I thought I was going to faint.
I took painkillers and used ice on it straight away and now have it strapped up but it may mean I can't have my arthroscopy on Monday.
I am able to get about but any wrong move has me yelling in pain. I was going to ring the hospital to see what they think but my sister says I should give it until Friday in case it settles down and will be OK. I hope it does - goodness knows how long I'll have to wait if I have to postpone it. I've had too many problems with my bones and muscles the past few years and can't believe this has happened now. I haven't tried driving yet so I may have to cancel the MOT too :( They say bad luck comes in threes so maybe that will be it

Oh goodness - that all sounds terrible ! I'm so sorry . I really hope your leg settles down .
Best wishes from Angie x

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Yikes! That’s one rough morning! Take care of that thigh….rest. Don’t cancel your surgery!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Lyn had a "Murphy's law" day! I hope that driving doesn't cause too much discomfort.....that way you can get the car-stuff out of the way before you PLAN to get surgery!

Glad you didn't put yourself in the hospital, early! Yikes

As always, in close, supervision, even self supervision.... meds are fine for this.

Storytime;
At the 1st ACL surgery in '91, Dr had told me 2 days in the hospital BUT he said if I could get X range of motion, I could go home. Surgery was on Friday morning. I went though Post-op and was in my room. As soon as I got there I told the Nurse assigned to me that I did not want the drip IV painkiller but would take the pills, so she gave me two then two more, then two more, then two more every TWO hours at first. Jim, my Dr came in to see me around 6PM, when I heard his voice in the hall, I took them all...8 I think. I hadn't eaten all day (drug users are smart) and w/i 15 minutes I could feel it kicking in....by the time he rolled in I had to fight to appear "sober" while showing him a near full range of motion. He was astonished, needless to say but I will anyway......just "cause".

He signed me out, wife came to pick me up but by then.....the drugs were wearing off, given I had just subjected myself to what would have been horrible pain.....well guess what....yeah, I was crying as Peg went in to get my meds while we waited at the drugstore. On top of it all, she had known I was going to do it so she was pissed angry at me too......hindsight while sitting in the passenger side of the car, leaning against the window....told me that was as stupid as doing the same thing years earlier with a wrist surgery.....yeah but that time it was a girl... she was very cute 17 and wanted a ride on my bike.....same day as surgery on my .....right wrist! The same right wrist that still hurts today.......LOL I paid for that one with twice the pain I would have had too.....but at least the memories are nice so it's cool.

I should add that despite the joking and possible appearance otherwise, I really am clean and sober, with a green thumb so to speak. I do not promote the use of overmedicating, I just tell my own stories of when I was an official Dumbazz and I haven't taken narcotic meds since '91........so that's like a lifetime ago...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

So sad to see that. Sometimes I feel like I'm going "down the river" in a hand basket too. And I can think of a better way to say it but just not here.. I'll be hoping and praying that the best for you be done. If they still want to do your surgery they might still want you to have a ride home in the first place. Can you get that?🙏🤗

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Yikes…. I see reporting that HRM The Queen is having issues this morning. 🙏

Following further evaluation this morning, The Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.

The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So sad to see that. Sometimes I feel like I'm going "down the river" in a hand basket too. And I can think of a better way to say it but just not here.. I'll be hoping and praying that the best for you be done. If they still want to do your surgery they might still want you to have a ride home in the first place. Can you get that?🙏🤗
Thanks Cathie, yes they insist that someone collects you from hospital and stays with you for at least 24 hours after general anaesthetic so that was all arranged with my sister. However I contacted the surgeons office this morning because there was no overnight miracle and I was still in pain this morning, and because there is bruising it could complicate surgery (risk of blood clots etc) so it has been postponed and I will probably have the op mid October now. I'm happy with that because it's better safe than sorry and not too long extra to wait. I was worried I'd be bumped back to the bottom of the waiting list but it's fine.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
Yes Mark - the Queen's family have all been sent for as there is 'grave concern' for her health. She is at Balmoral Castle in Scotland which is where she goes every summer and the BBC are treating the statement that doctors are very concerned as a sign that she is deteriorating. The palace officials usually play everything down so it is highly possible that the queen is dying.
I've not always been a fan of the younger Royals but you have to respect for a 96 year old lady who up until a couple of days ago was still doing her duty, and although it is an inevitability I am sad at the thought she may not be here much longer.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good morning/afternoon all, Yes Mark - the Queen's family have all been sent for as there is 'grave concern' for her health. She is at Balmoral Castle in Scotland which is where she goes every summer and the BBC are treating the statement that doctors are very concerned as a sign that she is deteriorating. The palace officials usually play everything down so it is highly possible that the queen is dying. I've not always been a fan of the younger Royals but you have to respect for a 96 year old lady who up until a couple of days ago was still doing her duty, and although it is an inevitability I am sad at the thought she may not be here much longer.
Long story…but yes, Balmoral the Queens “summer digs”. Ive been there a few times & rented a nice cottage just down the road. Even had Royal “secret service” checking out things when some Royals came visiting the people in the residence next door. That entire Dee Side is quite nice, remote. Braemar Castle right up the road & Balmoral right there as well. A few good pubs & lots of wildlife & good hill walking.

We stayed at The Knock a few times. 😀

C8B03700-ABB4-4DBB-9FEE-A5D8D0567C95.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sadly it's just been announced that The Queen died this afternoon - no time or details given but they waited until all family had arrived before the announcement.
RIP Lizzie
So the UK now has a King - Charles (If he keeps that as his Regnal name)

Last edited:

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Good to see you and hope your family and all torts are well - have you made a start at your University yet?
Thanks @Lyn W! University starts next year somewhere in February, but the reason I've been so quite is that I was in Ireland for a few weeks😃
Both torts are doing excellent, Zvezda is growing a lot with the break of Spring20220908_133114.jpg
Sunny is fully healed thanks to all the help you guys provided. He's also just past his MBD, now having full control over both his hind legs, with an increased appetite as well.
How are you doing? Hopefuly you don't hurt too much after the fall?

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Good morning/afternoon all,
Yes Mark - the Queen's family have all been sent for as there is 'grave concern' for her health. She is at Balmoral Castle in Scotland which is where she goes every summer and the BBC are treating the statement that doctors are very concerned as a sign that she is deteriorating. The palace officials usually play everything down so it is highly possible that the queen is dying.
I've not always been a fan of the younger Royals but you have to respect for a 96 year old lady who up until a couple of days ago was still doing her duty, and although it is an inevitability I am sad at the thought she may not be here much longer.
Sadly it's just been announced that The Queen died this afternoon - no time or details given but they waited until all family had arrived before the announcement.
RIP Lizzie
So the UK now has a King - Charles (If he keeps that as his Regnal name)
I just saw, it was so quick!
A few hours ago I saw the news that she was under medical supervision, and now she's past

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks @Lyn W! University starts next year somewhere in February, but the reason I've been so quite is that I was in Ireland for a few weeks😃
Both torts are doing excellent, Zvezda is growing a lot with the break of SpringView attachment 349677
Sunny is fully healed thanks to all the help you guys provided. He's also just past his MBD, now having full control over both his hind legs, with an increased appetite as well.
How are you doing? Hopefuly you don't hurt too much after the fall?
I'd forgotten about your trip to Ireland, I hope you had a good time.
Pleased to hear the torts are doing well too.
My leg is painful to walk on and stand - makes me shout out sometimes, but all I can do is wait for it to heal. At least I'm OK driving so won't be too stuck at home as long as I don't have far to walk when I arrive anywhere.