COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I just saw, it was so quick!
A few hours ago I saw the news that she was under medical supervision, and now she's past
She was up and about meeting our new PM a couple of days ago . She has been looking frail recently so wouldn't surprise anyone if she had a terminal illness we weren't told about. She will be missed by many.
The BBC took their eye off the ball - they have been broadcasting about the Queen's health since about 1 pm here and when I was flicking through the channels I heard the latest news on the lesser Channel 5 so went back to BBC and they were still going on about the fact we were waiting for an update.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
She was up and about meeting our new PM a couple of days ago . She has been looking frail recently so wouldn't surprise anyone if she had a terminal illness we weren't told about. She will be missed by many.
The BBC took their eye off the ball - they have been broadcasting about the Queen's health since about 1 pm here and when I was flicking through the channels I heard the latest news on the lesser Channel 5 so went back to BBC and they were still going on about the fact we were waiting for an update.
She wasn't the most liked person around the world, but you have to give that she changed the world regardless, and that any death is sad.
I hope I don't sound disrespectful, but I can't help but wonder what this means for the monarchy and for a Scotland that wants to leave. So all eyes are now on how Charles handles it

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
She wasn't the most liked person around the world, but you have to give that she changed the world regardless, and that any death is sad.
I hope I don't sound disrespectful, but I can't help but wonder what this means for the monarchy and for a Scotland that wants to leave. So all eyes are now on how Charles handles it
Even in the UK there a lot of republicans who would be rid of a monarchy, but
I think they'll be safe enough for a good while yet even though Charles III wouldn't be everyone's choice of King. There is a lot of modernising and slimming down of it planned for the future with many hangers on (extended royal family) being reduced.
As for Scotland - that will be down to another referendum if the UK Government allow it. Even in Wales many call for a break from the UK too. It will be sad to break up the UK and I'm not sure how Scotland and Wales would manage on their own but politics is banned so I'll stop there.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Even in the UK there a lot of republicans who would be rid of a monarchy, but
I think they'll be safe enough for a good while yet even though Charles III wouldn't be everyone's choice of King. There is a lot of modernising and slimming down of it planned for the future with many hangers on (extended royal family) being reduced.
As for Scotland - that will be down to another referendum if the UK Government allow it. Even in Wales many call for a break from the UK too. It will be sad to break up the UK and I'm not sure how Scotland and Wales would manage on their own but politics is banned so I'll stop there.
I forgot about that, Tidgy's dad is always watching😳
On that note I bid you all a good night!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks Cathie, yes they insist that someone collects you from hospital and stays with you for at least 24 hours after general anaesthetic so that was all arranged with my sister. However I contacted the surgeons office this morning because there was no overnight miracle and I was still in pain this morning, and because there is bruising it could complicate surgery (risk of blood clots etc) so it has been postponed and I will probably have the op mid October now. I'm happy with that because it's better safe than sorry and not too long extra to wait. I was worried I'd be bumped back to the bottom of the waiting list but it's fine.
Good that looks like it worked out.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sadly it's just been announced that The Queen died this afternoon - no time or details given but they waited until all family had arrived before the announcement.
RIP Lizzie
So the UK now has a King - Charles (If he keeps that as his Regnal name)
I'll so miss her. I figured that day was coming soon though when I realized how old she was. It was kind of a shock to realize and so I prepared myself. I've always just liked her. She was the queen longer than I have been alive. And kept doing her work as long as she could.😘

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy birthday Cathie!!
View attachment 349674
I hope you have a lovely day and do something special to celebrate!!
I did and decided to foster a kitten for my grandson's girlfriend. Joe's loving it 🤣 so I'm either stealing the cat or picking out another kitten in a couple of months 🤣IMG_20220908_140824252.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all,
As you can imagine our TV programmes are full of the Life of the Queen as I'm sure many of your TV channels are. I hope this helps you start your day with a smile.
I think this shows her softer side and sense of humour as she celebrated her 70th Jubilee

Happy Friday

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all,
As you can imagine our TV programmes are full of the Life of the Queen as I'm sure many of your TV channels are. I hope this helps you start your day with a smile.
I think this shows her softer side and sense of humour as she celebrated her 70th Jubilee

Happy Friday
I like the double rainbow 🌈 🤗😊 it so fits.😘

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I can't see any rainbows - is the video playing Paddington having tea with the queen for you?
No. It was todays newscasts over the UK's response even standing in the rain to be there and sad at their loss 🌧️. And then the good Lord put a double 🌈 in the sky and another one later elsewhere. At the gatherings. I loved the Paddington video back during her jubilee also I've been watching her antics for many years 😊

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
No. It was todays newscasts over the UK's response even standing in the rain to be there and sad at their loss 🌧️. And then the good Lord put a double 🌈 in the sky and another one later elsewhere. At the gatherings. I loved the Paddington video back during her jubilee also I've been watching her antics for many years 😊
Ah yes I see what you mean. There was a shot of Windsor Castle which was her main home with a rainbow which I thought was quite poignant.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
Another interesting morning here in the UK with the formal proclamations of the death of the Queen and the succession of a new king by the Accession Council having taken place at St James Place in London. A very traditional ceremony going back 100s of years which hasn't been seen for 70 years so new to many of us.
Tomorrow there will be similar proclamations and processions all over the UK - a chance to see history in the making. Sadly I can't go because of my latest injury but some of my nephews may go. Our new prince and princess of Wales will be William and Kate.
Not everybody will think this is money well spent or necessary in the modern world but it is nice to see historical pageantry in action.

I hope you all have a good Saturday.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Another interesting morning here in the UK with the formal proclamations of the death of the Queen and the succession of a new king by the Accession Council having taken place at St James Place in London. A very traditional ceremony going back 100s of years which hasn't been seen for 70 years so new to many of us.
Tomorrow there will be similar proclamations and processions all over the UK - a chance to see history in the making. Sadly I can't go because of my latest injury but some of my nephews may go. Our new prince and princess of Wales will be William and Kate.
Not everybody will think this is money well spent or necessary in the modern world but it is nice to see historical pageantry in action.

I hope you all have a good Saturday.

Yes. Lots of “pomp & circumstance” this morning on our morning news. I started watching about 0400 & this was right before all the oath taking and officialdom in the super secret chamber room. Signing & all the witnessing & signatures. Nice to see everyone in proper dress & decorum and respecting a long-held tradition. Unlike our previous administration who seems to want to burn our democracy down & sell to the highest bidder. God Save the King.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ah yes I see what you mean. There was a shot of Windsor Castle which was her main home with a rainbow which I thought was quite poignant.
I also got to see a rainbow in another area of the gatherings that was only half a rainbow 🌈 on the news . As far as I'm concerned a rainbow's a rainbow 🌈🌈🌈🤗 . The double one over her home was the one that comforted me the most.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes. Lots of “pomp & circumstance” this morning on our morning news. I started watching about 0400 & this was right before all the oath taking and officialdom in the super secret chamber room. Signing & all the witnessing & signatures. Nice to see everyone in proper dress & decorum and respecting a long-held tradition. Unlike our previous administration who seems to want to burn our democracy down & sell to the highest bidder. God Save the King.
I love the long history of it all. That makes a statement in itself about the kindness of the UK people as a whole.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's a bright warm day here.
I'm still resting my hamstring as much as possible and have a lovely big purple bruise down the back of my thigh. I'm still annoyed at myself for being so careless.😖

I'm just getting on with some light chores and watching TV. They showed the Queen's cortege leaving Balmoral on its way to Edinburgh for a few days - thousands of people lining the roads. We've also had the Proclamations read in all 4 countries of the UK and Charles will be visiting them during the week and carrying on with all constitutional stuff in London.

I hope you all have a lovely restful Sunday
TTFN