COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Yes Lyn. I'm hoping you're doing great.πŸ™πŸ€— I guess I gotta hope you went through surgery too even though I'd rather you didn't have to πŸ‘€ hopefully you have to get well soon😜😘.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Last week Opo managed to crawl into a tomato cage and couldn't back out. Have no idea how long he was like that. He had to get pass the barrier that guards the plants. Knock over the cage and crawl in. He was walking around the yard with the 4 legs sticking forward. Like he was a quad threat jouster. I had to cut him out. Where he was the ground was soft. So my power chair got stuck. Had to get out of my chair, so now I am on the ground in the soft dirt. After getting some plywood under the wheels. All the time Rose is scolding me for going in that area. Finally got it unstuck and went straight to the shower.
🀣
View attachment 350678
One thing I've learnt with Lola is that if there's trouble to be found in any shape or form he'll find it. Torts are naturally curious without the benefit of seeing consequences!:D
Glad Opo and you are OK.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Well come on, how was the "experience" Lyn, nosey people(me) wants to know??

I've had so many knee surgeries of different types, I might not do well on the written but I could probably pass the "driving portion" of the Surgeons exam!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
Thank you for all the good wishes. Went to theatre in the afternoon so didn't get home until about 9. 30 last night . The nurse suggested I stay the night but I wanted to get home so my sister collected me and stayed a while to make sure I was OK. So far so good - some pain which is to be expected but fine in myself. I settled down to watch tv on the sofa when she left and I woke up at 7.30 this morning! Had a great nights sleep thanks to the anaesthetic I think.
I hope you're all fine and your torts are staying out of trouble - especially Opo!!
See you later

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well come on, how was the "experience" Lyn, nosey people(me) wants to know??

I've had so many knee surgeries of different types, I might not do well on the written but I could probably pass the "driving portion" of the Surgeons exam!
All good so far thanks Jeff, It was keyhole surgery so not too drastic, but I didn't get to see the surgeon before I left so I don't know if they repaired or trimmed down the torn cartilage. They would have cleaned it out to get rid of any debris floating around in there to stop that causing problems. I'll have a follow up appointment in a couple of weeks so just have to take it easy for a while, keep it dry until the stitches are out, start some gentle physio and use the crutches. Then hopefully I can start enjoying longer walks.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I think they re-crewed the station....

On another thread, I've been whining about my new cell....yesterday my oldest texted asking that I call her.
For reference, this is the daughter whose husband got stupid last Christmas and told her he didn't want to stay married, after 18 years.

She was devastated of course, by March she bought a new home and began dating.....she's found someone she gushes over like a teenager......and when I called her last night, she had wanted to invite them BOTH over for dinner.

3 weeks ago, it was "You won't meet him till Christmas, if then...."we're going slow"

I noticed that......LOL

I told her I'd be at Kerry's but of course they were both welcome, 74 miles from her home......not sure they want to do a 3 hr car ride to talk to Dad, but we'll soon see!

Who wants to lay odds that my daughter will be married bewhat a wicked little thpughtfore the end of next year? LOL
At the very least, she won't be looking at moving back in with you.... I know.... what a wicked little thought, Jan

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
All good so far thanks Jeff, It was keyhole surgery so not too drastic, but I didn't get to see the surgeon before I left so I don't know if they repaired or trimmed down the torn cartilage. They would have cleaned it out to get rid of any debris floating around in there to stop that causing problems. I'll have a follow up appointment in a couple of weeks so just have to take it easy for a while, keep it dry until the stitches are out, start some gentle physio and use the crutches. Then hopefully I can start enjoying longer walks.
You can't believe what I do to avoid using both crutches altogether. They cause me more pain than the injury. Poor you. With my fractured knee cap I used 1 on the injured side, fiddled my foot on my good side to slide around, and hopped on my good foot. And planned every step to take before I attempted it. In other words sat on my butt as much as possible πŸ˜‰

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I must have missed the birthday banner for @ZEROPILOT when I was reading his posts. So here's a great big Happy Birthday πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚ from me too. Thanks for what you do too for us.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I must have missed the birthday banner for @ZEROPILOT when I was reading his posts. So here's a great big Happy Birthday πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚ from me too. Thanks for what you do too for us.
Thank you.
I'm just hanging out with Suki today

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
LOL....but not a bad thought Jan, kids are supposed to grow up and leave.....but I've got a 24 y/o working on that whole "launch" thing! She works and has a career path. If it doesn't "happen" for her, I'll leave by the side of the road...aka Joe Dirt.....lol

Love the little nick knack turtle....so cute Ms Cathie!

I slept a whole 8 last night and woke in zero pain...sweet! Last week was "migraine week" tues, wed, thur, fri so these kind of days are fantastic! 4th or 5th time this yr I've slept for that long! Gee, and I'm not dragging like usual at 6pm, who da thunk?

Happy Birthday Z.....enjoy a nice Birthday Dinner!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
LOL....but not a bad thought Jan, kids are supposed to grow up and leave.....but I've got a 24 y/o working on that whole "launch" thing! She works and has a career path. If it doesn't "happen" for her, I'll leave by the side of the road...aka Joe Dirt.....lol

Love the little nick knack turtle....so cute Ms Cathie!

I slept a whole 8 last night and woke in zero pain...sweet! Last week was "migraine week" tues, wed, thur, fri so these kind of days are fantastic! 4th or 5th time this yr I've slept for that long! Gee, and I'm not dragging like usual at 6pm, who da thunk?

Happy Birthday Z.....enjoy a nice Birthday Dinner!
Joe thinks I collect dust bunnies but I don't 😜😎he does. I have the real thing 🐒 and yes I have to clean up after them too πŸ˜‚ but I'd still rather play with a living one

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Took my kayak out for a few hours this morning in southern Maryland before the rains arrive tomorrow! Autumnal colors are setting in.

View attachment 350797
We are supposed to get some bad storms tonight heading for you tomorrow. Maybe even tornadoes for us tonight. We'll see. That's Lovely. I love the mirror image in the water in the picture. The fall colors just starting. This weekend is supposed to be our peak for Fall colors. Here's hoping you get to do some kayaking for your peak πŸ€—