COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I was looking for pics from your road trip the other day.....go anywhere cool?

Kerry is coming over tonight for a cheap place to spend the night and leaving for Fla in the morning, she called this morning to tell me "It's raining everywhere this weekend, all weekend"

"Everywhere honey, did Noah call?"

Apparently, we're gonna get wet!

Jan A

Boulder, CO

Kerry is coming over tonight for a cheap place to spend the night and leaving for Fla in the morning, she called this morning to tell me "It's raining everywhere this weekend, all weekend"

It's been raining almost non-stop here since Monday night. No violent weather so far. We need the rain as it's been a dry spring & the lake is 6' below normal with high winds & grass fires.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

What part of FL is Kerry visiting?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We have a rabbit that I think has made a home under our shed. The other day there were 2 babies 2 in the backyard. I hope they learn to show themselves in the evening. When I saw them it was midday. They won't last long hanging in the backyard midday with the hawks flying around.
I used to have a wild one that greeted me every morning that I went to work. As I would walk through the backyard that crazy rabbit would run past and brush up against me on the way to my van.. I would even look for him but they're hard to see and I was always surprised. He got me everytime. Hope a hawk doesn't get yours. They're so fun to watch especially when they are babies.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
The rain just started on the way to work. I got my trash out this morning & Kerry went grocery shopping for me on her way over last night, so I don't have to go out in it this weekend.

Kerry is headed to Port Orange. Her cousin is meeting her at the airport since homesick daughter is in class this morning and will drop her with her daughter later. I asked last night "Do you feel this is a mini-vacation or a rescue mission?"
Rescue mission she said.....good for her.

switching kids.....

I wonder where MY daughter got her poor photography skills? That peach didn't fall too far from the tree, did it? Her pics suck worse than mine do! LOL

This is Hazel, the Regal. Funny, I asked for a "glamour shot of Hazel" and she sent me both...are buny butt shots "a thing" to you rabbit-folks?
633926975.jpg
IMG_3103.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The rain just started on the way to work. I got my trash out this morning & Kerry went grocery shopping for me on her way over last night, so I don't have to go out in it this weekend.

Kerry is headed to Port Orange. Her cousin is meeting her at the airport since homesick daughter is in class this morning and will drop her with her daughter later. I asked last night "Do you feel this is a mini-vacation or a rescue mission?"
Rescue mission she said.....good for her.

switching kids.....

I wonder where MY daughter got her poor photography skills? That peach didn't fall too far from the tree, did it? Her pics suck worse than mine do! LOL

This is Hazel, the Regal. Funny, I asked for a "glamour shot of Hazel" and she sent me both...are buny butt shots "a thing" to you rabbit-folks?
View attachment 356492
View attachment 356491
Yes bunny butts are a thing 😁 they just shouldn't be that comfy cause they're a dang wabbit.😉

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Rainy cold dreary afternoon, not much gardening or outside work getting done. Did my volunteer fish & turtle feeding in the morning. Aquarium filter cleaning - not trivial when working on top of the line Fluval canister filters.

Tons of much needed rain!

Anyhow, back inside & worked on a bit of a small Tulip Poplar “dish”.

Big Logs to Smaller Squares

34F6BB09-95FA-47B3-A833-85A055D6FBF3.jpeg

Squares to More Squares

4CED7669-039F-4A23-B6F3-8D91FF30893A.jpeg

Squares to Round Bowls

F9DC604F-666E-4594-9759-09B241622F51.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's been pouring rain here too. I guess our April showers are making up for lost time 🌧️🌧️🌧️🚿🚿🚿 but it's been nice and comfy anyway. April only has a few days left to catch up
It's 75°f out front and 61°f out back because it's about time for the sunset. I'll be watching that soon.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It poured like hurricane rain all day! I cooked dinner on the grill, not sure it was worth it! LOL

Going down to paint my railing...I spoke to Kerry earlier and I told her, I have 5 different paints out!
5 trays-covered in plastic, 5 rollers in grocery bags to keep wet.

Superwhite flat for ceiling when I accidently hit it.
Superwhite semi for ceiling track & white trim
Ivory for bathroom corners
Crushed Ice for big room corners
Dark grey for railing & registers

I feel like a real painter! LOL

Enjoy the day guys!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I thought so too. When it happened to me I didn't really have access to the internet but also the rose was really old to begin with. Probably at least 40 years old by now. This was back in the 90's. I'm thinking they may use different plants over the years as research goes on as to what plants can be used to do this for roses.
I have a rose that's over 40 years old. My Dad filled the garden with roses when I was very young and it's the sole survivor amongst later shrubs. I never do anything to it; but it keeps coming back and lots of pretty pink flowers every year.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning all.
We've had a cold, wet and windy week on and off but things have picked up this weekend, although there is rain on its way again for tomorrow. March was the wettest for 40 years in the UK and wouldn't surprise if April breaks a few records too. However I would prefer to have rain to keep our reservoirs topped up rather the drought conditions we had last year.
It's a bank holiday weekend here for May Day so some people will have Monday off work.
There is also an extra bank holiday for Monday 8th too in honour of the coronation of King Charles III which is next Saturday. There are a few celebrations around the UK and locally but street parties that used to be a big feature of community celebrations for royal occasions seem to have died out because of all the health and safety rules and risk assessments now needed.
I've had a very bitty rather than busy week - one of this weeks where I seem to have started lots of jobs but not finished many - I keep getting sidetracked with other stuff and trips down memory lane. It will all get done eventually.

Lola is enjoying the warmer day today and has wandered out a few times to eat up some clover and stretch out in a sunny spot, his appetite has picked up too, he's keeping me busy with dandelion hunting!

Great to read your posts and see you're all well. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
TTFN

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a rose that's over 40 years old. My Dad filled the garden with roses when I was very young and it's the sole survivor amongst later shrubs. I never do anything to it; but it keeps coming back and lots of pretty pink flowers every year.
It must be in a perfect place in the garden. I've always been a little interested in roses and what makes them survive or not. I love the little miniature ones especially. I've read that they have to have lots of healthy leaves. The more the better. I might try one again this year. With Mother's Day approaching there'll probably be some pretty ones available. I'm going to try a different spot this year.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
It must be in a perfect place in the garden. I've always been a little interested in roses and what makes them survive or not. I love the little miniature ones especially. I've read that they have to have lots of healthy leaves. The more the better. I might try one again this year. With Mother's Day approaching there'll probably be some pretty ones available. I'm going to try a different spot this year.
We trimmed our roses way back this year and now that Charlie can reach them, he's been eating the leaves as they come in.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thank you soooo much!
My “friend” decided I’d be a better parent .
So now I have a tortoise a turtle and a wee snail 🐌.
Yikes!
What did I do in a past life to get 🔩ed
In THIS life?????
😭

I can’t even care for myself! 😳
Hello Chef - I have been wondering for ages how little Gary is - is he the snail you mentioned in this post ? If so, I'm sure I can't be the only person who would like to know !
Angie

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We trimmed our roses way back this year and now that Charlie can reach them, he's been eating the leaves as they come in.
Roses are so good for everyone. Even rosehips for making herbal teas etc... you'll probably have the other plants soon. 🥴 I've read they are even a great source for vitamin c and I have taken vitamins with rosehips as part of them. All I can tell you is Charlie knows what's good for him 😉

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Rainy cold dreary afternoon, not much gardening or outside work getting done. Did my volunteer fish & turtle feeding in the morning. Aquarium filter cleaning - not trivial when working on top of the line Fluval canister filters.

Tons of much needed rain!

Anyhow, back inside & worked on a bit of a small Tulip Poplar “dish”.

Big Logs to Smaller Squares

View attachment 356526

Squares to More Squares

View attachment 356524

Squares to Round Bowls

View attachment 356525
I can't wait to see the finished project. Still waiting 😭

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I love roses, Mom made me! LOL, I used to help her prepare the beds with manure from the local horse farm. Later, when I lived alone, I used to stop and help myself at someone's Bush's before seeing the "girl of my dreams" that night. There was one house that had vertical trellises I gave Peg a dozen roses from there after she got mad at me when we first moved in together, a few moments later she realized there was no wrapping....but she liked them anyway....they really were beautiful. It just became my thing, I would get whoever I'm with, a dozen rose's + 1 for each year we are together at Valentines day. I was married 25 years and now I've been with Kerry 11. This year, Kerry put the cabash on that tradition....I didn't fight a bit, it's not cheap.! I do appreciate roses, very much!

And thanks Ray, while it seemed vaguely familiar, I hadn't known or had forgotten that roses need a graft plant to start.

Nice evening out here...60's sun finally out. I wore just shorts blew the oak doodads off the decks and walkway. It looks like they are all down already!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all (don't think anyone's reached p.m. yet).
I've been awake since about 6. My nephew and his wife leave for CA today and wanted to wish them safe travels before they boarded their flight at Heathrow. It will be a long old trip for them, and they'll be staying at a hotel while they hunt for a house to rent. They tried while they were in the UK but house owners wouldn't even consider them until they were in the US. So they'll have a busy couple of weeks. Their furniture etc is either still on the way or in storage until they have somewhere to put it. My niece in law loves tortoises but I have given her strict instructions not to adopt any wild ones they see because they can't release it or bring it with them when they come home.

My niece is also in Florida for work this next couple of weeks and of course my other nephew has been a US resident of Las Vegas for a while, so look out America! My family are invading!!😀

It's a wet dreary day here but on the bright side I am going to have lunch with my sisters. I hope you all have a good Sunday.