COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Super News Ray....I'm sure everyone here is just as stoked for you!

Slow day here today for a change....nice! I have to stop on the way home and pickup Superman's breathing meds ..... I ran out a couple of months ago and sucking on empty inhalers isn't getting it done. I keep pretending that I don't need them, till I'm sucking wind after 1 flight of stairs. LOL

I caught myself on film last week and saw the dreaded "old man" gait......BS, we aren't doing that yet! Time to flex those joints!

I or my pride has decided go on a crash exercise program to build up my breathing before our trip in 6 wks. Riding the stationary bike in the kitchen for 5 minutes over the w/e told me that I'm woefully prepared for this trip. I am wondering exactly how much "get in shape" there is left in the tank in my mid 60's. Last time we went, I lost 25 lbs that had snuck up on me. I never regained it so I'm still just below my 185lb playing weight. just have to improve my balance, muscle strength and wind, to whatever degree that I can. Ahh, being the eternal optimist has it's benefits!~
I think I can
I think I can
I think I can!

Thomas, you're still motivating me!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'll be looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks about Lola's behavior because Sapphire starts being noisy this time of year also but settles down all other times of the year. It's been cold and rainy and he can't go outside everyday just yet. He was quiet today. Some days lately he's not been totally satisfied. Maybe it's spring.
Maybe it is the time of year Cathie, but I've never noticed it other years.
He has a tray of substrate in his room but he tends to ignore that. He will walk through it but doesn't lie on it or dig. I'll try to find a tray to fit his hide floor which I can fill and see if he likes that.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I got that wrong about the C02. Mine is 40 it should be 70.

Thanks Jeff, I have a concentrator and I am on 3 liters 24/7. I hook the air up to my cpap at night time. They are thinking about putting me on a bipap because it helps with breathing in and exhaling while you sleep. Stuff is breaking up in my chest. So that's a plus.
That's really good news that you are feeling a bit better and the craps breaking up. But that's not going to stop the prayers from me for you and Rose and Opo 🙏. I do that when I think of you anyway. When I think of you I remember a family member I used to have. He was my second cousin but I always called him Uncle Ray. He had one leg from world war 2. But he was an amazing man and could walk on ice better than the rest of us. You and Rose have that same spirit.🤗 I always pray the two of you can keep it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all,
We've had warmer spring temps today.
The build up to the coronation has started with lots of Royal programmes on tv and documentaries about the preparations etc. My town is getting ready to celebrate with bunting being hung and shops being decorated. There are events and entertainment being planned for the extra bank holiday Monday in the local park.
Not everyone is happy about it with the 'Not my King' movement out to disrupt and protest at every opportunity, but they are in a minority.
I must admit I don't think Camilla should be 'queen' and I think many were surprised our late Queen agreed to that last year, but she has done her fair share of duties since she and Charlie married so maybe it was because of that.
I hope you're all having a good Tuesday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Maybe it is the time of year Cathie, but I've never noticed it other years.
He has a tray of substrate in his room but he tends to ignore that. He will walk through it but doesn't lie on it or dig. I'll try to find a tray to fit his hide floor which I can fill and see if he likes that.
Sapphire uses his substrate portion of his enclosure and enjoys it more in the spring, summer, and fall. He doesn't really dig in it. He just walks around and sits in various places in it. That might just be that he's a Russian though. Or he's just being himself I don't know. It just seems like he gets restless in the spring and will actually beg for me to pick him up. I think he can feel the difference in the weather even though his indoor enclosure isn't on the floor. Maybe all that is more than just wanting to be outside. I'm thinking it could be hormones raging related to spring. But I don't know.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The build up to the coronation has started with lots of Royal programmes on tv and documentaries about the preparations etc. My town is getting ready to celebrate with bunting being hung and shops being decorated. There are events and entertainment being planned for the extra bank holiday Monday in the local park.
Not everyone is happy about it with the 'Not my King' movement out to disrupt and protest at every opportunity, but they are in a minority.
I must admit I don't think Camilla should be 'queen' and I think many were surprised our late Queen agreed to that last year, but she has done her fair share of duties since she and Charlie married so maybe it was because of that.
I'll be watching it on our local news and have been hearing about it for days. How they've been training bell ringers for it so that churches all over can ring him in. It's been cold and rainy here. Not really like May. More like April showers. There's a high pressure thing hanging over our area that's spinning and won't move out 🥴 but that can only last so long. Sapphire and I have a 16 years anniversary coming up on May 18th. It was snowing that day. The news is trying to say we're 30°below normal today. I'm thinking their memory is worse than mine and I'm a senior citizen.😉🧐

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I ended up thinking about you Ray while I was at Safeway getting my meds.

....$397, $484, $24
Wow.....well, there's a reason 50 bucks a week goes into my flex account, right?
Turns out, the 2 expensive drugs were off-schedule & redundant so she dropped one. Ins. covers other meds but not this one and I like this one so I'm willing to pay for it. I tried GoodRX and that got it to 327 but my pharm Dr Taylor is an Angel for me though and she got me out the door for under 300. She has given me prob 15-20 of these over the years, for free. Now she has an assistant and can't just hand me stuff....it's cool, I'm appreciative for all the other times, I can pay this time.

Then the girl asks if I have had a pneumonia vax, "no, not till Dr Taylor corners me"

"Consider yourself cornered" I heard from behind the counter. LOL Let me explain, Dr Taylor is a very Dom, mature woman---think of a Principle. She terrified me the first time I met her nearly 20 yrs ago so I made her a friend. Kerry knows her now too and we buy her candy at Christmas b/c she's so good to me.

I told the girl that I do not argue with Dr Taylor, nor do many I suspect. LOL

I was there over an hour but the girls look out for me.

The pneu vax was the one-& done, no return trips and it was free! I figure with breathing issues & undeniable age.... it's a good backup for the extraordinary superman immune system.

I must admit I don't think Camilla should be 'queen' and I think many were surprised our late Queen agreed to that last year,

I apologize Lyn, maybe it isn't my place since I'm not a British subject, but I agree based simply on the fact that she was a mistress.

Mistresses do not become Queen, they know that.....they are like the "Spare", not really needed but nice to have around in case a need comes up so I am also surprised.

It's still cool though that you guys share with the world, the pageantry. We usually hear after the fact when a leader has assumed the crown of a country, so this is neat to me.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I ended up thinking about you Ray while I was at Safeway getting my meds.

....$397, $484, $24
Wow.....well, there's a reason 50 bucks a week goes into my flex account, right?
Turns out, the 2 expensive drugs were off-schedule & redundant so she dropped one. Ins. covers other meds but not this one and I like this one so I'm willing to pay for it. I tried GoodRX and that got it to 327 but my pharm Dr Taylor is an Angel for me though and she got me out the door for under 300. She has given me prob 15-20 of these over the years, for free. Now she has an assistant and can't just hand me stuff....it's cool, I'm appreciative for all the other times, I can pay this time.

Then the girl asks if I have had a pneumonia vax, "no, not till Dr Taylor corners me"

"Consider yourself cornered" I heard from behind the counter. LOL Let me explain, Dr Taylor is a very Dom, mature woman---think of a Principle. She terrified me the first time I met her nearly 20 yrs ago so I made her a friend. Kerry knows her now too and we buy her candy at Christmas b/c she's so good to me.

I told the girl that I do not argue with Dr Taylor, nor do many I suspect. LOL

I was there over an hour but the girls look out for me.

The pneu vax was the one-& done, no return trips and it was free! I figure with breathing issues & undeniable age.... it's a good backup for the extraordinary superman immune system.

I apologize Lyn, maybe it isn't my place since I'm not a British subject, but I agree based simply on the fact that she was a mistress.

Mistresses do not become Queen, they know that.....they are like the "Spare", not really needed but nice to have around in case a need comes up so I am also surprised.

It's still cool though that you guys share with the world, the pageantry. We usually hear after the fact when a leader has assumed the crown of a country, so this is neat to me.
I take about 17 meds. Thankfully I have great health insurance. Looks like I might be on another med so I don't retain water. 😕

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
If King Charles died, would Camilla be in power?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If King Charles died, would Camilla be in power?.
God forbid that should happen Ray! I think her full title is Queen Consort and William is next in line for the throne and then his eldest son George.

Charles is in his 70s now - he could go on until his 90s like the Queen, which means William will be in his 60s when he takes over - if they stay healthy of course.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sapphire uses his substrate portion of his enclosure and enjoys it more in the spring, summer, and fall. He doesn't really dig in it. He just walks around and sits in various places in it. That might just be that he's a Russian though. Or he's just being himself I don't know. It just seems like he gets restless in the spring and will actually beg for me to pick him up. I think he can feel the difference in the weather even though his indoor enclosure isn't on the floor. Maybe all that is more than just wanting to be outside. I'm thinking it could be hormones raging related to spring. But I don't know.
Leopards aren't normally diggers - although I suppose the females bury their eggs and I know Lola is a male. Maybe it is his hormones 🤔

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'll be watching it on our local news and have been hearing about it for days. How they've been training bell ringers for it so that churches all over can ring him in. It's been cold and rainy here. Not really like May. More like April showers. There's a high pressure thing hanging over our area that's spinning and won't move out 🥴 but that can only last so long. Sapphire and I have a 16 years anniversary coming up on May 18th. It was snowing that day. The news is trying to say we're 30°below normal today. I'm thinking their memory is worse than mine and I'm a senior citizen.😉🧐
Lola will have been with me 9 years in July. He has a lovely life really. He's outside soaking up sun at the moment.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's another dry and fair day with some sunshine. Lovely for drying washing, Trouble is I'm making too much ironing for myself!
I hope you all have a good Wednesday (even if you are stuck in hospital Ray - enjoy being waited on by the med staff).

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My sister sent me this - it made me smile and hopefully you'll enjoy it too:)

1. When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison.
2. To me, "drink responsibly" means don't spill it.
3. Age 60 might be the new 40, but 9:00 pm is the new midnight.
4. It's the start of a brand new day, and I'm off like a herd of turtles.
5. The older I get, the earlier it gets late.
6. When I say, "The other day," I could be referring to any time between yesterday and 15 years ago.
7. I remember being able to get up without making sound effects.
8. I had my patience tested. I'm negative.
9. Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn't fit any of your containers.
10. If you're sitting in public and a stranger takes the seat next to you, just stare straight ahead and say, "Did you bring the money?"
11. When you ask me what I am doing today, and I say "nothing," it does not mean I am free. It means I am doing nothing.
12. I finally got eight hours of sleep. It took me three days, but whatever.
13. I run like the winded.
14. I hate when a couple argues in public, and I missed the beginning and don't know whose side I'm on.
15. When someone asks what I did over the weekend, I squint and ask, "Why, what did you hear?"
16. When you do squats, are your knees supposed to sound like a goat chewing on an aluminum can stuffed with celery?
17. I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.
18. When I ask for directions, please don't use words like "east."
19. Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head. That'll freak you right out.
20. Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.
21. My luck is like a bald guy who just won a comb."

-source unknown.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's another dry and fair day with some sunshine. Lovely for drying washing, Trouble is I'm making too much ironing for myself!
I hope you all have a good Wednesday (even if you are stuck in hospital Ray - enjoy being waited on by the med staff).
It's another cold, windy, and rainy day here. But the sun finally did come out. Sapphire ate really good though. I'm going to also maybe because I was able to bake something in my oven for the first time in a couple of weeks. I know you like ovens for wine storage but I use my fridge for that stuff 😉. So it's been a great day so far. We'll see when I try my baked meatloaf and sweet potato.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks Lyn, the floor I am on has been good. Every shift the personal have been pleasant and efficient. Waiting for a culture to come back so they can identify the infection. Should be going home tomorrow as long as the infection isn't MRSA.