COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I found out it's MRSA. Not sure what I am going to do about the fishing trip yet.
It's good they found out and will send you home with the right meds. I have a paraplegic friend that repeatedly winds up with that diagnosis. He's older than me and keeps living through it. It probably stays in your system and flairs up at times if you get an infection. He's probably getting close to 80 which is unheard of for paraplegics 😊 But anymore they have strong medication to fight it. You'll just have to ask your doctors what they think before and after you leave the hospital. Best hopes and prayers.🤞

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon/evening all.
The rain has arrived again, but it was quite nice earlier so was out and about.
Looks like it's staying with us for the next couple of days - I hope it's drier in London for all the folks already camping out to catch a glimpse of the Royal family.
Have a good Thursday!
I've been hoping if it does rain King Charles the 111 gets 🌈🌈🌈 rainbows like his mom did.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's good they found out and will send you home with the right meds. I have a paraplegic friend that repeatedly winds up with that diagnosis. He's older than me and keeps living through it. It probably stays in your system and flairs up at times if you get an infection. He's probably getting close to 80 which is unheard of for paraplegics 😊 But anymore they have strong medication to fight it. You'll just have to ask your doctors what they think before and after you leave the hospital. Best hopes and prayers.🤞
But never forget the old saying Happy wife happy life 😉😁

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Everything went smoothly with the coronation (at least everything they televised) Lots of tradition and pomp and ceremony but pretty diverse and quite moving at times. It did rain in London but it didn't seem to dampen the spirits of the thousands that camped out to watch history in the making. Locally the party in the park was a wash out and by the time I got there just after 4 pm the grass had been churned into mud and all but one of the stalls had packed up and gone home, so there wasn't anything to stay for. Such a shame. There are a few indoor celebrations over the next couple of days which should be fun.
I hope you're all having a drier weekend where you are!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Everything went smoothly with the coronation (at least everything they televised) Lots of tradition and pomp and ceremony but pretty diverse and quite moving at times. It did rain in London but it didn't seem to dampen the spirits of the thousands that camped out to watch history in the making. Locally the party in the park was a wash out and by the time I got there just after 4 pm the grass had been churned into mud and all but one of the stalls had packed up and gone home, so there wasn't anything to stay for. Such a shame. There are a few indoor celebrations over the next couple of days which should be fun.
I hope you're all having a drier weekend where you are!
I woke up early today around 6:30 am and got to watch the crowning. The church service and the procession. Also the balcony and the flyover was nice. It was moving. It's also very moving that the English people continue to stand by their traditions all of these many years. And continue to. It's dry here but won't be tomorrow. Sapphire got to go outside. He almost spoke this morning. He was standing so tall begging. I already knew it would be a day out for him 😉if it's warm tomorrow I'll let him get a shower 🚿 in the rain ☔.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
LOL. I was up all night of course so I flipped back and forth but I lucked out and caught all the cool stuff. Saw the beginning, saw when he walked into the Abby, turned it back on in time to watch him take the oaths, and yeah, I thought it was supercool when the Crown was placed on his head. Congrats!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It was a beautiful day here yesterday....I haven't slept for crap lately but drove 60 miles to my oldest daughters home. The one whose hubby wanted to split 20 months ago and they divorced, she's 38.

We put up a new range hood she got last year but didn't install. I also taped and spackled 15ft of ceiling joint. Her boyfriend came over around lunchtime and after lunch, when she took the ladder down to put back in my truck, asked me if he could marry her. He is 47 and a good guy. He will take good care of my little girl. I knew that he knew that he had an ace when I first met him. My daughter is after all, one of the daughters of superman so of course she is special!

We all choose how to live and where to live, while I did not care for her first husband as he was a boy in a mans body, its was her choice...but this one, handicapped and all, is a real man. Of course he's useless as boobs on a bull when it comes to tape and spackle the ceiling or installing a range hood (short arms & yes, I tease him), he's a good man who does good work for others. Yeah, I'm good and told him so! Then I called her mom on the way home, to let her know.

Watching my daughter shining in the glow of encouragement of a loving relationship is spectacular as a Dad. It was worth the drive.....LOL

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I woke up early today around 6:30 am and got to watch the crowning. The church service and the procession. Also the balcony and the flyover was nice. It was moving. It's also very moving that the English people continue to stand by their traditions all of these many years. And continue to. It's dry here but won't be tomorrow. Sapphire got to go outside. He almost spoke this morning. He was standing so tall begging. I already knew it would be a day out for him 😉if it's warm tomorrow I'll let him get a shower 🚿 in the rain ☔.
I'm not really a strong monarchist and our Royal Family are far from perfect - so far William seems to be the only one who hasn't put a foot wrong - but I would hate to see us lose the Royal Family in favour of an elected Head of State - we have enough trouble voting in a decent PM!
I hope Sapphire enjoys his shower - Lola always heads back indoors if it starts to rain when he's out..
Have a good Sunday Cathie!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all and Happy Sunday.
Our weather looks better today with some sun trying to break through.
Not much planned for today just hoping to sort out some wardrobes in a spare room,
Meanwhile Lola is rattling his gate - someone wants breakfast!!
See you later.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It was a beautiful day here yesterday....I haven't slept for crap lately but drove 60 miles to my oldest daughters home. The one whose hubby wanted to split 20 months ago and they divorced, she's 38.

We put up a new range hood she got last year but didn't install. I also taped and spackled 15ft of ceiling joint. Her boyfriend came over around lunchtime and after lunch, when she took the ladder down to put back in my truck, asked me if he could marry her. He is 47 and a good guy. He will take good care of my little girl. I knew that he knew that he had an ace when I first met him. My daughter is after all, one of the daughters of superman so of course she is special!

We all choose how to live and where to live, while I did not care for her first husband as he was a boy in a mans body, its was her choice...but this one, handicapped and all, is a real man. Of course he's useless as boobs on a bull when it comes to tape and spackle the ceiling or installing a range hood (short arms & yes, I tease him), he's a good man who does good work for others. Yeah, I'm good and told him so! Then I called her mom on the way home, to let her know.

Watching my daughter shining in the glow of encouragement of a loving relationship is spectacular as a Dad. It was worth the drive.....LOL
Congratulations to your daughter 🥂He sounds like a lovely man. I hope they are very happy. :<3:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm not really a strong monarchist and our Royal Family are far from perfect - so far William seems to be the only one who hasn't put a foot wrong - but I would hate to see us lose the Royal Family in favour of an elected Head of State - we have enough trouble voting in a decent PM!
I hope Sapphire enjoys his shower - Lola always heads back indoors if it starts to rain when he's out..
Have a good Sunday Cathie!
No family is perfect and I'm not politically inclined either. I used to read the history of the different kings and queens from the past. England's has survived all the upheaval and revolutions. That's refreshing. Sapphire didn't get to go outside today because it didn't warm up in time. He wasn't happy about that 😭. The sun is going over the roof now so it's better to wait until tomorrow.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I bought myself an early mother's day present 😁 today but I also found out I've been using a bag of flour that's been recalled because of salmonella. At least I have my present.IMG_20230507_152240800.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks Lyn, I am very happy for her.
Her job was to remove and replace the under panels and filter of the range hood pjt ......my Redheads have VERY red hair!

20230506_102130~2.jpg

A nice lazy day today. I ordered 3 grill tank refills to be delivered here on Tues, for less than 60 bucks. I could not have taken them anywhere around here for that....and someone else is dropping them off and picking up the empties! I just asked my "b*tch"(phone) and she hooked me up with Cynch. If anyone wants to join, lets cut everyone cost and setup a referral tree....! I think I saw a sign flash by the referrals are worth 22 bucks to them!

Speaking of 60bucks, I installed my $60 dollar canopy over my master bdrm deck so I can go out in the rain.
It even mostly matches the sunroom next to it! It extends about 3' and is the length of the sliding door. I might put a chair and table out there for reading.
(if you are wondering, the black cable is attached to an antenna for when cable goes out)
20230507_123507_HDR.jpg

Kerry stopped by for a pizza and a hug before going home and I forgot to post this......LOL