COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
To Matilda, and how she has been eating....it wouldn't matter but it wouldn't be enough! She's being a piggy lately.

I got one my first passports 43 years old & my current which was renewed last year. Then I showed my 25 yr old daughter....the look on her face was truly priceless, then I told her that she was looking at her own future! LOL

Beautiful day out today, 80 and sunny with a light breeze! I sat out and read for a bit. One of the suicide branches came down 12' long 2.5-3" diameter and it was stuck some 50ft up for a month.....it didn't even break when it came down! That would have left a mark!

20230508_155109.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
To Matilda, and how she has been eating....it wouldn't matter but it wouldn't be enough! She's being a piggy lately.

I got one my first passports 43 years old & my current which was renewed last year. Then I showed my 25 yr old daughter....the look on her face was truly priceless, then I told her that she was looking at her own future! LOL

Beautiful day out today, 80 and sunny with a light breeze! I sat out and read for a bit. One of the suicide branches came down 12' long 2.5-3" diameter and it was stuck some 50ft up for a month.....it didn't even break when it came down! That would have left a mark!

View attachment 356746
She's probably afraid she'll become your parent 😭😉 and that's inevitable.🥴

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I tossed the branch into the stick-pile on the other side of that tree(Pro Tip for God; it would have been more convenient to just fall on the other side, into the pile!) and found the 3" by 10" deep hole the stick made....yeah, that would have stapled my head to the ground!

It's 1:30am, and I hear Matilda moving behind me in the leaves. Nope, she was full out, looking for me to refill her water....poor turtle, my hours must play heck with her natural clock.

When I was at oldest daughters on Sunday, I learned that my 3 kids have a running bet, that Kerry and I will never marry!

My son apparently thinks we'll go as far as "cohabitation" but that we'll never actually be married. The FUNNIEST part to me is that they all think that I'M the one who won't! As she was telling me this, I had already assumed that they were concerned Kerry wouldn't go through....not ME! Talk about ego, right? It will crop up at any time so I have to watch it!

Too funny!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well the 3 day fishing trip has been canceled due to boat repairs. 🤔 I guess it's for the best with me not at 100%.
Now I can only hope I get my 5400.00 back. One thing the owner doesn't know. Is I have free legal services through my benefits with General Motors. If I have to take him to court I will.
But I guess I need for him to return the money like he says he will.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Well the 3 day fishing trip has been canceled due to boat repairs. 🤔 I guess it's for the best with me not at 100%.
Now I can only hope I get my 5400.00 back. One thing the owner doesn't know. Is I have free legal services through my benefits with General Motors. If I have to take him to court I will.
Surely they have to give you the money back ! And possibly a bit extra for the inconvenience !
Angie

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You have a good heart Angie, but money does strange stuff to most folks, I do hope that it all works out just fine Ray.

Hope it certainly won't be anything as drastic as legal fees! Kerry is the same way though Ray, she envisions 1000 scenario's then zero's in on the worst possible scenario ....she calls it "being prepared", I call it lunacy. LOL, no disrespect meant of course but I tell her over and over, it's never so bad as the stuff she worries about. I'm not a worrier.....so we balance.

Have faith in people Ray, while holding that bigazz stick behind your back! LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Looks like the universe is telling you you have to wait a bit. Since it's they're fault 🥴😁😉maybe they'll give you a refund with a discount on your next fishing trip 😜hang in there.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I tossed the branch into the stick-pile on the other side of that tree(Pro Tip for God; it would have been more convenient to just fall on the other side, into the pile!) and found the 3" by 10" deep hole the stick made....yeah, that would have stapled my head to the ground!

It's 1:30am, and I hear Matilda moving behind me in the leaves. Nope, she was full out, looking for me to refill her water....poor turtle, my hours must play heck with her natural clock.

When I was at oldest daughters on Sunday, I learned that my 3 kids have a running bet, that Kerry and I will never marry!

My son apparently thinks we'll go as far as "cohabitation" but that we'll never actually be married. The FUNNIEST part to me is that they all think that I'M the one who won't! As she was telling me this, I had already assumed that they were concerned Kerry wouldn't go through....not ME! Talk about ego, right? It will crop up at any time so I have to watch it!

Too funny!
The stick missed 🤕 thank the good Lord. I'd have one less person to mess with and that would suck 😭 to high heaven. Dang kids are already planning your trip down the isle. Best wishes for all that to the both of you 🙏❤️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ok my little Feit camera is up and running. So now I have 3 wifi cameras up and running and a cell phone so I can drive everyone nuts with my bad pictures 😉🤗😜

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ok my little Feit camera is up and running. So now I have 3 wifi cameras up and running and a cell phone so I can drive everyone nuts with my bad pictures 😉🤗😜
I also have my little mobi baby Cam for Sapphire.. I almost forgot about that one 😊1683680762248.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Baby cam surveillance...I see her hiding in there!

LOL- That's funny bout the stick.....most folks that have large oaks are pretty careful, we don't go out when it's windy without remembering to run if we hear a "crack", don't look up, just run...then look up!

Ray, how are you feeling buddy? You are home and pestering Rose?

Slept well last night, nearly 8 whole hrs. "Rambunctious" will be the word of the day!

The Pod people are coming this morning, emptying the pod back to my basement. I got home yesterday, removed the lock and unlocked the basement back door, it should be done by the time I get home.

I started riding the stationary bike and minor stretching.....we have to go slow, don't want to peak early! I'm not trying to "Jack LaLanne" it, just trying to be able to enjoy vacation and the bonus is the carryover...should do this stuff all the time then it wouldn't hurt on the w/e's anymore.

enjoy the day guys!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Surely they have to give you the money back ! And possibly a bit extra for the inconvenience !
Angie
The captain said he would return the money and give me a free trip. Talk is cheap, I will believe it when I have the check in hand. I get free legal services through the company I retired from. So I will pull out all the stops if I have to. But I need to stay positive. I don't need anymore stress in my life.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Looks like the universe is telling you you have to wait a bit. Since it's they're fault 🥴😁😉maybe they'll give you a refund with a discount on your next fishing trip 😜hang in there.
Yeah I would have been pushing it with my situation with my health at the moment. He says he will return the money and throw in a free trip. We will see.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My son Jim is still coming down. He will be flying in tonight. He said have a honey do list ready. So I will have him do a few things that have been bugging me. Forsure we will go fishing somewhere. I have a friend who runs a charter in St. Augustine about 3hrs away. Might try to make a weekend out of it. Jim and I can go fishing and the women( Jim is bringing his girlfriend)can go shopping.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Kerry was aghast last night when I told her I was leaving the house unlocked for the pod crew, so were the guys at work this morning. Brandon asked, "do you have cameras upstairs? "NOPE then Danny says: "You have a lockable basement door at the top of the steps right? NOPE, then they both in unison "They will steal from you". I told them as I was leaving, "You guys worry too much"

Really, from superman? Would you steal from him? They didn't either....they are done, I have a LOT of boxes and clean furniture downstairs! ServiceMaster was the contractor and they were fantastic!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Kerry was aghast last night when I told her I was leaving the house unlocked for the pod crew, so were the guys at work this morning. Brandon asked, "do you have cameras upstairs? "NOPE then Danny says: "You have a lockable basement door at the top of the steps right? NOPE, then they both in unison "They will steal from you". I told them as I was leaving, "You guys worry too much"

Really, from superman? Would you steal from him? They didn't either....they are done, I have a LOT of boxes and clean furniture downstairs! ServiceMaster was the contractor and they were fantastic!
That's interesting that you had Service Master. Joe used to work for them up here at Fairfield Industries. Fairfield Industries is a cottage industry for the disabled that Joe attended and then he would stay after and sweep the floors for Service Master. That was his choice not mine. I don't think he should be always on the go like that. But Service Master was always kind and understanding of Joe and worked with him so he could have a job. I wonder if the company you dealt with is just another business from the same company.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
This firm is 1 word, ServiceMaster is on their cards. I don't know but their hiring practices weren't entirely legal, let's just say. I don't begrudge them, it may have been one of the women's' kids and she had a choice to leave him alone or work him....I'm glad she worked him...and they did, that poor kid is the one who loaded that pod! I coached a thousand kids, he was MAYBE a very small 13....likely 11, okay conscience, or 10! 197 boxes! I didn't find him collapsed in my basement so I guess he made it if he was back today, I don't know. They called me as I left the office at noon to tell me they were done.

Basement's done, my stuff is all back, I'm fat & happy...so just 12 short weeks including a 3 week Officials Time out by Erie. We should all be so lucky!

I like that your son has the foresight to ask you to get a list together for him, that's just cool!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This firm is 1 word, ServiceMaster is on their cards. I don't know but their hiring practices weren't entirely legal, let's just say. I don't begrudge them, it may have been one of the women's' kids and she had a choice to leave him alone or work him....I'm glad she worked him...and they did, that poor kid is the one who loaded that pod! I coached a thousand kids, he was MAYBE a very small 13....likely 11, okay conscience, or 10! 197 boxes! I didn't find him collapsed in my basement so I guess he made it if he was back today, I don't know. They called me as I left the office at noon to tell me they were done.

Basement's done, my stuff is all back, I'm fat & happy...so just 12 short weeks including a 3 week Officials Time out by Erie. We should all be so lucky!

I like that your son has the foresight to ask you to get a list together for him, that's just cool!
It is one word here also. I went to my friend Google. I can see them letting someone bring their son to work with them. I don't know that it isn't legal with a parent present. Young kids used to be able to make money delivering a newspaper. I don't know about anymore 😕