COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Nice morning, an "off Fri" for Feds so zero traffic at 4am. I listened to crack-music for a romantic....Chi Lites, Stylistics, and then Al Wilson's Show and Tell.....I get to see Kerry tonight, excited since I haven't seen her in a month other than fly-by's. Be nice to go for a walk together.

Pod was gone when I got home yesterday so I was able to park under my canopy for the first time in 3 mos. and I didn't even hit the pole!<LOL> Sent the mowers out after I got home because I'm leaving from work to go to Kerry's.
I was talking to her on the phone while mowing my front yard AND my back yard.....see, superman stuff!

Enjoy the Friday!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've been trying to make rose petal beads for the second time in my life. I really hope they turn out because they are for my son's girlfriend Heather and her family. This time was so different because the roses were very heavy petals and difficult to work with. So far maybe good 🤞 we'll see what color they turn into when they are dry.IMG_20230512_154749716.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I thought people might like to see this coronation decoration which was secretly made by some local person in the small town near us
Angie
View attachment 356697
and here I am admiring it !
Zola View attachment 356698
They're fantastic! We have a merry band of yarn bombers too who do us proud and decorate the post boxes and railings around the parks for every celebration. Sadly this timw one of their post box toppers was pulled apart and stolen. :( Turned out to be teenagers on the loose with no regard for all the hard work they have put in or for how the community enjoy seeing these works of art :mad: I hope it won't put the ladies off for the next special occasion, the majority of us love seeing their work.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well the 3 day fishing trip has been canceled due to boat repairs. 🤔 I guess it's for the best with me not at 100%.
Now I can only hope I get my 5400.00 back. One thing the owner doesn't know. Is I have free legal services through my benefits with General Motors. If I have to take him to court I will.
But I guess I need for him to return the money like he says he will.
That's worked out quite well for you really Ray - gives you more time to recover. If he's cancelled the trip surely he has to return your money or at least re schedule at a time convenient for you?
How are you Ray? Back home again?

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning and Happy Mother’s Day to all of you Mothers. Just wanted to stop by . I hope everyone is well :). Cinder and I are doing great as well as the rest of my Circus. Hugs!
Happy Mothers Day to you too Heather. We had ours back in March - not that it affects me - Lola never remembers!!:)
Pleased to hear you're all well,

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon everyone.
I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted - where does the time go?
Pleased to see you're all OK.
I've just been plodding on with house and garden chores. Lola has enjoyed some outside time.
One of my neighbours (not the nasty one this time) had let his garden become something of a jungle the last few years paid someone to clear it yesterday which would have been fine had he done it in the autumn but it has become a haven for birds and they are looking quite baffled as to where all their roosting spots have gone. There is also a robin nesting at the top of what is actually a washing line pole that has been swamped with ivy and and an old climbing plant . It is so overgrown it looks like a tree. I did warn the gardener and he said he would just cut the ivy etc to let it die off naturally to give the birds a chance. He was supposed to have come back today to do it but as the neighbour already paid him. I'm not sure he will come back at all. I thought he seemed a bit dodgy - 'any gardener who keeps calling ivy, 'ivory' is questionable!
It's also all just been left in a massive heap which is too big to burn as it's close to our houses. I'm going to offer to help dispose of it as the young tenant doesn't drive but he never speaks - I don't know if he's just very shy or if he could be autistic. Hopefully I'll catch him out in the garden sometime.
Apart from that nothing else very exciting happening in my world.
Hope you're all having a peaceful Sunday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy Mother's day to everyone here. I know it's supposed to be for just mothers but when our local news said it and included caregivers and pet parents I didn't feel deprived of my day. That's what it's about after all.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That's worked out quite well for you really Ray - gives you more time to recover. If he's cancelled the trip surely he has to return your money or at least re schedule at a time convenient for you?
How are you Ray? Back home again?
Thanks Lyn,I have been home for close to a week. My son and his girlfriend flew down from MI since he had plane tickets for the fishing trip. The 3 of us went offshore fishing today. We caught 2 King mackerel and a maui Maui. Will send a few pics later.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Glad to hear of your trip Ray and to all you Mom's out there...you're pretty cool!

Happy Mother's Day!

This was my 1st trip to Kerry's in weeks, the Mom Osprey was watching us. This photo is a "texted" pic so it's reduced quality....Kerry got a new phone last night, it takes beautiful pics. I sold my Lumix ZS70 and am going to get a Sony rx100-VII but at 1300 bucks, will it take better pics than an Iphone14? Maybe I should just buy the phone, use it for pics and storage stuff and save a few hundred? LOL It's even waterproof now.

Saw lots of animals....Osprey and Eagle but the Eagle was very, very high. I saw the turtle on the road, a brown snake today and two cool things happened. First, at the water there was a group of 4 older teens up by our bikes at the road, we were on the pier and when we came up, they were all looking at something in a tree. They had found a juvi Black snake and let it go on the tree. I told them that it was pretty cool of them to let it go and not mess with it. They all said at the same time....no, we like snakes. One of them showed us a pic of his boa. That was cool.

Then, on my way home, in the corner of a field(nothing is tall in the fields yet), nearest the highway, was a Red Fox standing, while suckling looked like 3 little ones! I've never seen a wild one actually suckling the kits before. THAT was cool.

IMG_0022.jpg

It's a spectacular day today! It's so nice that when I came home from Kerry's, @ 2PM, the Bay bridge was backed up for 4 miles coming from the other direction from folks trying to jam in a beech trip up & back in a day. Ouch....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Glad to hear of your trip Ray and to all you Mom's out there...you're pretty cool!

Happy Mother's Day!

This was my 1st trip to Kerry's in weeks, the Mom Osprey was watching us. This photo is a "texted" pic so it's reduced quality....Kerry got a new phone last night, it takes beautiful pics. I sold my Lumix ZS70 and am going to get a Sony rx100-VII but at 1300 bucks, will it take better pics than an Iphone14? Maybe I should just buy the phone, use it for pics and storage stuff and save a few hundred? LOL It's even waterproof now.

Saw lots of animals....Osprey and Eagle but the Eagle was very, very high. I saw the turtle on the road, a brown snake today and two cool things happened. First, at the water there was a group of 4 older teens up by our bikes at the road, we were on the pier and when we came up, they were all looking at something in a tree. They had found a juvi Black snake and let it go on the tree. I told them that it was pretty cool of them to let it go and not mess with it. They all said at the same time....no, we like snakes. One of them showed us a pic of his boa. That was cool.

Then, on my way home, in the corner of a field(nothing is tall in the fields yet), nearest the highway, was a Red Fox standing, while suckling looked like 3 little ones! I've never seen a wild one actually suckling the kits before. THAT was cool.

View attachment 356925

It's a spectacular day today! It's so nice that when I came home from Kerry's, @ 2PM, the Bay bridge was backed up for 4 miles coming from the other direction from folks trying to jam in a beech trip up & back in a day. Ouch....
I always have my phone on me and so it's my best camera. But if you can plan when you're going to take pictures then a better camera is better 😜. I say you can never have enough cameras so both would be nice 🙂. Nice picture.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You'd love my shelf Ms Cathie.....2- Kodak, 1 samsung, 2 game cams,....the panny is gone now but didn't matter, I can't take pics with any of them....at least the game cams take their own so I can't mess them up too badly.

I use a waterproof V30 phone appropriate for superman who will drop it from high places, or hand it to Kerry. It took her 4 sec to crack my last phone when I handed it to her so my stuff and hers, has to be tough. I bought the Tough Guy-5 camera; "because of Kerry" LOL. I'm used to it now and can usually foresee and prevent, but Kerry "hosses" things.

My phone is 7-8 years old but works perfectly, just doesn't take the best pics. Kerry's iPhones, even her Iphone7 was better. The tide was low but you can see how close the community floating(beached) pier is to the Osprey nest, this will be neat watching them grow.
IMG_0028.jpg

There are better camera's but not that fit in your pocket and that is the MOST important thing to me. I will never be the guy carrying a camera. I move too much to worry about some stupid thing hanging on my neck.
I had been comparing the Sony Rx100 VII & the cheap Leica ($1,600 made by Panasonic I think) or the Ricoh but then I realized two latter ones don't have a "Auto" setting so they were removed from the short list.....yeah, I'm that bad!
Buying a $3,000 camera for me is like tossing a T38 driver into a Abrams tank, he not going to find a lot of success either!
I'm not really ready to commit yet, still trying to wrap my head around how "I should have bought the $800 camera" when I bought the Lumix a few years back has morphed into "I need the 1300 one" today. Now the goal is to find it cheapest.....lowest cost +no tax+free shipping. Then, I'll know what the real cost/value thing is....it's just my process. I'm in no rush. 95% of the time I can find that magic combination.

I feel guilty saying this so it must be wrong, but I'm really tempted to buy it on Amazon for full price but once I get it and take pics and it sucks, I can return it no issue at all and while a cheesy way to "test drive" one, it's an effective plan. LOL Now on the other side of that, if I did it and liked the camera, I would just keep it and figure the higher price was the cost of the test drive. I would NOT return it to buy it somewhere else, cheaper.

Sat night, around 3am, we were woken up by a new friend in her attic....heavy.....and actively trying to open a second exit so he was loud too. He was right above our heads and it sounded like he was chewing his way into her bedroom! Yikes! We pounded the walls but it only slowed him.
I don't know how many of you guys are familiar with mammals but I suspect most here are.....how do you tell the difference between a opossum and a raccoon by its feces? A racoon's looks like a med-to lg dog!

Her roof had a pile of "dog poop", right above the porch roof in the channel, 6' away from the hole in the eve. She was so grossed out that it was funny.

Rocky moved in...for a minute anyway!

After a trip to Tractor Supply, I crawled up there in the morning via the drop down stairs in the garage ceiling, sprayed a mag from my bb gun machine gun to scare the black off his eyes, to make sure I wasn't going to have to wrestle a racoon in the fiberglass. Then I set a couple of single-door traps. She needs to hire someone to plug the hole where it pushed the soffit in eve under the dormer, up. It's a Cape cod so jeff isn't scaling that. I told her 25yo son, "I'll catch 'em, you figure out what to do with 'em" because of course I went home!

enjoy the day guys!

Last edited:

COmtnLady

Colorado
You could place two or three mothballs near/in/by the hole that needs fixed. Hang them in an old sock/onion bag, in the way so they have to push them out of the way if they try to go back in, or just drop them on the floor where they are coming in. (More mothballs than that and people won't be able to stand to be in the rooms below.) Since its not a confined space, you'll have to replace the mothballs if it takes very long to get the repairs done, so you need to keep an eye on them.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks Lyn,I have been home for close to a week. My son and his girlfriend flew down from MI since he had plane tickets for the fishing trip. The 3 of us went offshore fishing today. We caught 2 King mackerel and a maui Maui. Will send a few pics later.
Editorial correction.
Mahi Mahi not Maui Maui.🤣🤣

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Happy Mother's Day!

View attachment 356925

Sounds like an incredible day - seeing all that wildlife would have made my day too!