COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Super happy that she's ok!!

Sorry your sweetheart has to stay but happy for you that you get a night "off". I'm sure these kinds of days aren't a walk in the park for you even though you play it off like it's nothing. We pay attention even though it seems we don't.

She was more or less able to walk afterwards? What do they use for the disk material, injectable stuff? I figured she'd get a necklace and a nurse for a week.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Super happy that she's ok!!

Sorry your sweetheart has to stay but happy for you that you get a night "off". I'm sure these kinds of days aren't a walk in the park for you even though you play it off like it's nothing. We pay attention even though it seems we don't.

She was more or less able to walk afterwards? What do they use for the disk material, injectable stuff? I figured she'd get a necklace and a nurse for a week.
She has a neck brace, there will be a visiting nurse everyday for as long they feel it's necessary. When Rose gets home, I will send pics of what the new disc's look like. She showed me the pic's and info about them. But she has filed them away. I would never be able to find them. I don't dare mess with anything in the den. That is her domain. 🤣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
She has a neck brace, there will be a visiting nurse everyday for as long they feel it's necessary. When Rose gets home, I will send pics of what the new disc's look like. She showed me the pic's and info about them. But she has filed them away. I would never be able to find them. I don't dare mess with anything in the den. That is her domain. 🤣
Wow I bet they keep her in the hospital another night at this late point. And hopefully they'll send you a helper also since your right arm is incapacitated.🙏🤗

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wow I bet they keep her in the hospital another night at this late point. And hopefully they'll send you a helper also since your right arm is incapacitated.🙏🤗
They kept her, her blood pressure has been high all day. There will be a visiting nurse to our house everyday, until the wound heals to their satisfaction. Rose will talk with the discharge person about getting some help at home.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
So Ray, you paid them off to get another night? Sorry you guys are going through this but glad that she got to visit family a little while ago before doing this surgery. I am curious as to what they "installed"......just cause.

Last day of work for me before vac...yay and nay....got revised drawings in late yesterday for a hotel that I bid by myself a couple of months, no one here knows anything about the project but me. Sucks....so I re-took off the Mechanical and will do the plumbing in a few minutes. It's easier for me to bang it out than for Brandon to step in and try to recreate the wheel. We do what we gotta do, right?

Our summer vacations always start the same, Kerry gets off on Fri and races up to see family in NY, then she will drive back to my house and we'll leave and get on a plane together. This is all fine with me but it takes two days to get the "family" out of her when she returns! LOL I tease her but she's a better person when she is able to see them when she wants to.

Enjoy the day guys....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
So Ray, you paid them off to get another night? Sorry you guys are going through this but glad that she got to visit family a little while ago before doing this surgery. I am curious as to what they "installed"......just cause.

Last day of work for me before vac...yay and nay....got revised drawings in late yesterday for a hotel that I bid by myself a couple of months, no one here knows anything about the project but me. Sucks....so I re-took off the Mechanical and will do the plumbing in a few minutes. It's easier for me to bang it out than for Brandon to step in and try to recreate the wheel. We do what we gotta do, right?

Our summer vacations always start the same, Kerry gets off on Fri and races up to see family in NY, then she will drive back to my house and we'll leave and get on a plane together. This is all fine with me but it takes two days to get the "family" out of her when she returns! LOL I tease her but she's a better person when she is able to see them when she wants to.

Enjoy the day guys....
Rose will be home this afternoon. I will get the info of what they replaced her disc's with. I will give Rose a few days to get settled in. Then I will ask where the info is. 😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Rose will be home this afternoon. I will get the info of what they replaced her disc's with. I will give Rose a few days to get settled in. Then I will ask where the info is. 😁
Nice. Rose will be home. I'm glad she'll have help to make her behave herself 😄

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Nice. Rose will be home. I'm glad she'll have help to make her behave herself 😄
I hope so, she just got home and I had to scold her 2 times already. She had her night bag draped over her shoulder. After taking it from her. I set it on the floor when we got to the bedroom. After doing a few things she bent down to pick the bag up. I told her the doctor said no lifting. Then I picked it up for her. I have her in bed so hopefully she will behave for awhile.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Enjoy the day guys....
Here are a couple of pictures. The first one kinda keeps you confused. But the 2nd picture gives you a better idea. They are made out of titanium.
IMG_20230609_174555.jpg
image000000 (31).jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I hope so, she just got home and I had to scold her 2 times already. She had her night bag draped over her shoulder. After taking it from her. I set it on the floor when we got to the bedroom. After doing a few things she bent down to pick the bag up. I told her the doctor said no lifting. Then I picked it up for her. I have her in bed so hopefully she will behave for awhile.
Just keep reminding her that she has to get really well if she wants to do all of her favorite stuff really well later. I know it's so hard for a person like her but it's necessary. Slow and steady wins the race 🐢

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Wow Ray, I was right, they did "Rebuild her, made her stronger"! You had me laughing as I imagined you scolding Rose......lol THAT has to be a funny video!
That is some serious hardware! I'm really surprised that they are titanium in lieu of one of the plastics available. That will set off TSA alarms!

Mark has "death on a plate" from the garden.....I'm not sure exactly what it is buddy, but it looks lethal to me. LOL

Vacation body quest;
Can now do 6 pullups w/ feet straight out, arms strong, no bicep tears. Not many but I cleaned up my form so at least it looks good, for 5 of them, the last one is prob a lot uglier than it seems in my head! The funniest part is that I'm good with this......at some point in life, we just have to love what we are becoming too, not just what who we used to be!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Joe went shopping today at a flea market to benefit a charity. He bought me a present 😀. It was a donated print for 50¢ of one of his old paintings that sold. 🙃 He'll probably paint another with another twist. He's pumped 😁🤣 he's not getting it back.IMG_20230610_142218322.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Little bored today but Joe's art always puts a smile on my face! The print looks like copper plates in different stages of "green" but I'm not artistic. I can see and appreciate but cannot do.

I finally heard from Zenni (6/2/23-"you will get your order in 3-5 days") is delivering Monday, day before we leave.....I hope they make it. I last got glasses from them for my last trip but they broke 2 mos ago. That whole snapping them back on/off....LOL The price for the lens went from $95 in '17 to $235 today, they must be really nice lenses, right? LOL Progressive Transitions but they were last time too, my mommy didn't lie.

So I'm at war with groundhogs, it's ugly. I felt bad using a computerized weapons system to remove them basically. So now, we have a more conventional war going on. I do not want to catch them, I want drive them away, back to Chucks yard! LOL They come over via a hole they dug under the fence picket. I tried gopher traps, they laughed, I tried mole trap strapped to the fence, then they went under it, I pushed it closer to the ground, they went around it. LOL
Then I drug out the extension cord "Impression-maker". I had to go big, fast cause we're leave in a couple days. Not surprisingly, I have no groundhogs in the yard all day today but I'm not easily lulled into complacence, I know how tenacious they are!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Little bored today but Joe's art always puts a smile on my face! The print looks like copper plates in different stages of "green" but I'm not artistic. I can see and appreciate but cannot do.

I finally heard from Zenni (6/2/23-"you will get your order in 3-5 days") is delivering Monday, day before we leave.....I hope they make it. I last got glasses from them for my last trip but they broke 2 mos ago. That whole snapping them back on/off....LOL The price for the lens went from $95 in '17 to $235 today, they must be really nice lenses, right? LOL Progressive Transitions but they were last time too, my mommy didn't lie.

So I'm at war with groundhogs, it's ugly. I felt bad using a computerized weapons system to remove them basically. So now, we have a more conventional war going on. I do not want to catch them, I want drive them away, back to Chucks yard! LOL They come over via a hole they dug under the fence picket. I tried gopher traps, they laughed, I tried mole trap strapped to the fence, then they went under it, I pushed it closer to the ground, they went around it. LOL
Then I drug out the extension cord "Impression-maker". I had to go big, fast cause we're leave in a couple days. Not surprisingly, I have no groundhogs in the yard all day today but I'm not easily lulled into complacence, I know how tenacious they are!
I planted a true crab apple tree years ago and all the wildlife in my whole city love it evidently 😭 including ground hogs, skunks, opossums, birds, squirrels, and God only knows what else 😉😁

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Crab apples are messy, but you do get a nice "zoo" out of it!

Haven't seen Lyn around for a couple days, Mark is prob hospitalized from eating that green thing and Rose is already deep into Ray's case for not doing something......isn't that how marriage still works? LOL

Glasses arrived yesterday and I was thrilled till I opened them went to put them on, lens popped out. They didn't even wipe the white compound off the edges, took a half hour to reinstall. They also set the lens too close together. 31mm + 30 mm does not = 59mm. It makes it feel that your eyeballs are being forced together to read. QC at Zenni sucks. They are usable but after 6 years, I won't go back. There is no value at $254 as delivered. I told Kerry that when we return, I'll go to see an Eye Dr and do it for real!

All packed to leave tomorrow, couldn't help it as I needed to see it it was all going to fit since this trip is a little longer than we usually get away for. I'm using the big suitcase from the set too. Kerry is on her way home from NY this morning and was shocked to find that I am NOT fitting her toys in my bag! She didn't make room for her Flippers, mask, tennis shoes, Subnado....! "She said "Well last time you took all the toys b/c you have the biggest bag", "Yes hon but we were only gone for a few days"
We might have to check a 3rd bag. LOL
Pro travel Tip
On page 3 of your passport, there is a line you must sign for it to be a legal document! Don't show up and need a Customs agent to have mercy on your dumb azz by letting you sign it in his presence for you to continue.

I missed my 5/24 chiro appointment so it's been a month since I've gone. My migraines began to return, first one after 2 weeks then another followed by other 2 days later. Yes, big difference! I have an appointment at noon today that you couldn't pay me to miss!

This evening youngest daughter and I are going up to see if the ghosts want to chat in Gettysburg. It'll give us time together for a couple hours each way....the best part. It's been a few years since we went up, sometimes we strike out, sometimes we have to talk and "process" the things we saw. We took super smart and super sceptic son up once, he was baffled.

enjoy the day guys...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Crab apples are messy, but you do get a nice "zoo" out of it!

Haven't seen Lyn around for a couple days, Mark is prob hospitalized from eating that green thing and Rose is already deep into Ray's case for not doing something......isn't that how marriage still works? LOL

Glasses arrived yesterday and I was thrilled till I opened them went to put them on, lens popped out. They didn't even wipe the white compound off the edges, took a half hour to reinstall. They also set the lens too close together. 31mm + 30 mm does not = 59mm. It makes it feel that your eyeballs are being forced together to read. QC at Zenni sucks. They are usable but after 6 years, I won't go back. There is no value at $254 as delivered. I told Kerry that when we return, I'll go to see an Eye Dr and do it for real!

All packed to leave tomorrow, couldn't help it as I needed to see it it was all going to fit since this trip is a little longer than we usually get away for. I'm using the big suitcase from the set too. Kerry is on her way home from NY this morning and was shocked to find that I am NOT fitting her toys in my bag! She didn't make room for her Flippers, mask, tennis shoes, Subnado....! "She said "Well last time you took all the toys b/c you have the biggest bag", "Yes hon but we were only gone for a few days"
We might have to check a 3rd bag. LOL
Pro travel Tip
On page 3 of your passport, there is a line you must sign for it to be a legal document! Don't show up and need a Customs agent to have mercy on your dumb azz by letting you sign it in his presence for you to continue.

I missed my 5/24 chiro appointment so it's been a month since I've gone. My migraines began to return, first one after 2 weeks then another followed by other 2 days later. Yes, big difference! I have an appointment at noon today that you couldn't pay me to miss!

This evening youngest daughter and I are going up to see if the ghosts want to chat in Gettysburg. It'll give us time together for a couple hours each way....the best part. It's been a few years since we went up, sometimes we strike out, sometimes we have to talk and "process" the things we saw. We took super smart and super sceptic son up once, he was baffled.

enjoy the day guys...
I have been part timing here. Where are you going on your trip?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yep a true crab apple is messy. I feel blessed that these have fallen already. I've been praying for that 🙏😉 it looks like it rained baby apples all over my front yard. The tree is still loaded but there won't be as many. Yeah IMG_20230612_172502923.jpg