COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I got a day off from digging. The Painter had to scrape the metal siding above my work area. So I couldn't work with the falling debris.

He only has the rear garage door, inner parts of the bay window and to remount the shutters! He should be done tomorrow!!

Yay jeff!

He's is also giving me a couple of other prices for stuff I want done...we'll see.

I have the new AC condenser coming tomorrow and my driveway is too damaged to allow my dollies to roll. I have an old hand truck and a strap so I should be ok. They are sending it on a liftgate truck.

I sure do miss Kerry. We talk like we used to of course but being gone for a week at a time kind of sucks. oops, she called while I was typing this.

Wow- let me blow your minds; Right before logging on I ordered some tire sealant for my hand truck at Walmart....at 7:46....it ARRIVED via car at 8:05!!! Love it!
You definitely are staying busy.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
"Busy" isn't a choice right now but I do wish it were! LOL The stress gets me once in a while. This morning I woke @ 2am with a beginning migraine...stressing over if I can get the AC unit at least to the garage door with a flat tire on my hand truck. I know the driver may have something but I don't count on others when planning.
It woke me at 2am....pounding.

By the time the sealant arrived last night, I was staggering from being tired so I got recharged for a few hours and fixed it this morning and amazingly, the headache is gone.

So many things to do, it's a blessing that I'm not trying to juggle work too. I'm not positive that superman could handle it all.

Kerry is just as busy...she arrived at school yesterday at 6:30AM and left at 9PM. She is planning for Earth day.....I remember when it began in the very early 70's I think, our class went to DC. It used to be a big deal, not so much anymore. I don't know how the girl does it, then offers to drive over to help me move an AC unit at 9PM after leaving school.....she didn't comprehend that it hasn't arrived yet, she was tired. LOL

She has been caring for Matilda and from what I hear, Matilda is fat & happy....she texts me pics in the mornings sometimes. Kerry does, not Matilda...

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I avoid double-posting but reading my own post above helped put things into perspective................my biggest problem in life, that caused me to wake in pain in the middle of the night....was a flat tire on a hand truck!

Wow, that ain't "superman stuff", that's just being a b**ch! LMAO

Tighten up jeff!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
"Busy" isn't a choice right now but I do wish it were! LOL The stress gets me once in a while. This morning I woke @ 2am with a beginning migraine...stressing over if I can get the AC unit at least to the garage door with a flat tire on my hand truck. I know the driver may have something but I don't count on others when planning.
It woke me at 2am....pounding.

By the time the sealant arrived last night, I was staggering from being tired so I got recharged for a few hours and fixed it this morning and amazingly, the headache is gone.

So many things to do, it's a blessing that I'm not trying to juggle work too. I'm not positive that superman could handle it all.

Kerry is just as busy...she arrived at school yesterday at 6:30AM and left at 9PM. She is planning for Earth day.....I remember when it began in the very early 70's I think, our class went to DC. It used to be a big deal, not so much anymore. I don't know how the girl does it, then offers to drive over to help me move an AC unit at 9PM after leaving school.....she didn't comprehend that it hasn't arrived yet, she was tired. LOL

She has been caring for Matilda and from what I hear, Matilda is fat & happy....she texts me pics in the mornings sometimes. Kerry does, not Matilda...
Well when you are done there. I have plenty of work here. If you get bored at home. 🤣
Kerry sounds like a great woman.
My electrician stopped by today. I had given him a 2005 Buick Lesabre. It was my dad's car and I was keeping for nostalgic reasons. Well the the sun was doing havoc to it. We hardly drove it. Anyways the A/C condenser is leaking. So of course I told him with his help we can change it out. WHY WHY WHY?????? I have enough things to do around here. I guess I am a big softy🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes, it's been quite some time since we've seen a pic of Joe, we usually see the magic behind the man in his artwork!
Jeff or anyone else. I am thinking about buying these 2 dog igloos for Opo. Trying to figure out how to combine the two. So I know the entrance will be big enough. Even if I cut each and fiberglass and fiberglass them back together. Don't ask me why I am thinking about this. Because I really don't know 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Don't see a link Ray, just a link to log onto FB. These are a ton of products out there, many that can be repurposed. As long as it isn't toxic and he fits, you could be good to go. Post up the igaloos though, now that I'm curious.

Hey, you had your chance at my labor when I was forced into going down to FL for Easter, putting me behind my in-the-head schedule. LOL

There are some really great folks in the world today.....I disconnected the old condenser and pushed it down the hill this morning at 6am. I ordered a new pad for it after I found the old one, lacking.
20240419_101143.jpg
The TRUCKER wheeled it the long way around my house for me, every bit off 200' over grass!

I was so thankful....I was out of breath and only helped him, I think!

He was 100 pounds and 8" taller than my 6'/185...and 21 years younger! LOL
The other materials required are coming over the next 3 days so I'll plan on doing it next week.

House is done being painted and I'm tickled pink! Alec did a great job with an old house....Kudo's to him!

AND I made a deal with the painter to come and do my wood rear & short-side of the front fence. He will come back next w/e to do it. His buddy is coming out this afternoon to quote the concrete driveway renovation.

bit by bit by bit.....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Jeff or anyone else. I am thinking about buying these 2 dog igloos for Opo. Trying to figure out how to combine the two. So I know the entrance will be big enough. Even if I cut each and fiberglass and fiberglass them back together. Don't ask me why I am thinking about this. Because I really don't know 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Here is a picture if the FB link didn't work. Just another crazy idea 🤣
Guess I should have bought a smaller tortoise. 🤣🤣 No way! I love Opo and very happy I can offer him a good home.
Screenshot_20240419_150126_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Don't see a link Ray, just a link to log onto FB. These are a ton of products out there, many that can be repurposed. As long as it isn't toxic and he fits, you could be good to go. Post up the igaloos though, now that I'm curious.

Hey, you had your chance at my labor when I was forced into going down to FL for Easter, putting me behind my in-the-head schedule. LOL

There are some really great folks in the world today.....I disconnected the old condenser and pushed it down the hill this morning at 6am. I ordered a new pad for it after I found the old one, lacking.
View attachment 369521
The TRUCKER wheeled it the long way around my house for me, every bit off 200' over grass!

I was so thankful....I was out of breath and only helped him, I think!

He was 100 pounds and 8" taller than my 6'/185...and 21 years younger! LOL
The other materials required are coming over the next 3 days so I'll plan on doing it next week.

House is done being painted and I'm tickled pink! Alec did a great job with an old house....Kudo's to him!

AND I made a deal with the painter to come and do my wood rear & short-side of the front fence. He will come back next w/e to do it. His buddy is coming out this afternoon to quote the concrete driveway renovation.

bit by bit by bit.....
In my experiences, depending on how broke up the concrete driveway is. Sometimes it's best just to replace. Everyone ( including my brother) that had sections lifted and cracks filled with some special material. Within a year the driveway is cracking again. My brother's driveway was not very long. Cost him 3000.00 and since it was within the 1 year warranty. They came back and repaired. But I am guessing it will crack again. Pouring a new concrete driveway over time will crack. If it's just cosmetic to sell. I would go for the cheapest way.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks. During COVID he somehow lost his regular barbers that he could do independently. Now he has one I feel good about.🤗
Delegation! Every friend Joe has, lightens the load on you, especially as you get older. This is serious stuff but I'm guessing that you have spent many, many nights looking at the future. God bless you btw....you are one of my Heroes!

I was kind of torn with the driveway.....a 2" coat of asphalt would be cheaper. The guy I bought it from had skim-coated the driveway, walk and porch. And of course within a year or two, most scaled off. I did the repairs then with the 5000lb patching mix but never covered it all so it looked like a spiderweb of patch lines. Not a big deal to me but now that I'm selling, it's time to tighten it up. There are several new epoxy-based products for "patch & cover" out there but the material costs are very, very high. Renaldo came out last night to look at it. A nice, knowledgeable guy, big guy driving a Leaf or something similar Nissan makes. So of course I comment, "bud, you're a big dude for that car". He lives in Delaware but is chasing sidework!! He has to drive past Kerry's house to get home, 95 miles away! He likely has the material from his work and will sell his labor....I'm waiting for his price now.

Kerry's coming over this morning so of course I'm like a little kid...woke at midnight after being up till 7:30 or so. We get to go plant shopping today for the gardens then I want to finish my hole....speaking of which. I got a kick in the teeth last night looking at my hole and realized, my current depth @ 5' is going to be the TOP of the 55gal drum! OUCH..... it was quickly decided-

That puppy is going in horizontally! LOL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Delegation! Every friend Joe has, lightens the load on you, especially as you get older. This is serious stuff but I'm guessing that you have spent many, many nights looking at the future. God bless you btw....you are one of my Heroes!

I was kind of torn with the driveway.....a 2" coat of asphalt would be cheaper. The guy I bought it from had skim-coated the driveway, walk and porch. And of course within a year or two, most scaled off. I did the repairs then with the 5000lb patching mix but never covered it all so it looked like a spiderweb of patch lines. Not a big deal to me but now that I'm selling, it's time to tighten it up. There are several new epoxy-based products for "patch & cover" out there but the material costs are very, very high. Renaldo came out last night to look at it. A nice, knowledgeable guy, big guy driving a Leaf or something similar Nissan makes. So of course I comment, "bud, you're a big dude for that car". He lives in Delaware but is chasing sidework!! He has to drive past Kerry's house to get home, 95 miles away! He likely has the material from his work and will sell his labor....I'm waiting for his price now.

Kerry's coming over this morning so of course I'm like a little kid...woke at midnight after being up till 7:30 or so. We get to go plant shopping today for the gardens then I want to finish my hole....speaking of which. I got a kick in the teeth last night looking at my hole and realized, my current depth @ 5' is going to be the TOP of the 55gal drum! OUCH..... it was quickly decided-

If the price is right for the epoxy products you might want to go that way. Be aware like I said before, my brother had a company do his driveway with epoxy. It cracked in a year,also the gated community my dad lived in. The HOA decided everyone needed to fix the cracks in their driveway. There was 2 companies that got the bulk of the work. Every driveway cracked again and the companies were no where to be found. My dad put the repair off. Then the real-estate bubble burst. The HOA didn't pressure anyone after that because house values dropped. Plus there were alot of neighbors mad because they had payed the money for the fix.
But I guess if it looks good enough to sell. Who cares how long it lasts.
Did I just say that. Shame Shame 😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Thanks for saying that but if you saw me in action you would think I'm a puppy abuser 😉 I'm sorry but sometimes he needs a little smack on the bum with a folded up newspaper. He's not allowed to be mean to Razberri. Mr Fre knows where I keep it. If I turn my back he's got it. His problem is I don't turn my back. 😁 What's really funny is when I catch him up to no durn good. He runs straight into his pet end table bed and accepts his punishment.🤣 I shut the door and he has to think a bit about his bad behavior. We're getting there.🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Kerry drank coffee yesterday at 2pm....she and I are chatting at 1am. Poor girl...she mowed and put product on the yard...shes beat up.

I finished my drywall hole and set my barrel....today I backfill. 3 yds, 450 shovel gulls.....and my body feels it!
20240420_170621.jpg
A anode bolted to the barrel will keep it protected for many years. Not permanent but simple.
The guy will do the driveway, sidewalk and porch on the 20th. That gives me a chance to get the moving trucks filled and gone before the driveway is prettied up.
20240417_070251~3.jpg
Here is the "Before"

I feel for you guys with those draconian HOA's. I didn't take my Subnados to Fl a few weeks ago because the HOA wouldn't permit them in the pool.

Last edited: