COLD DARK ROOM

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Well...I just bought a car. I bought my Camaro in 1988, that's my only experience in buying a car...I wasn't looking for another car...my IROC should have it's new engine et al, in a week or so and a guy from my church loaned me an immaculate 1998 Ford Taurus when this first happened...it's a great car! Has the original cassette player with a great sound system, a killer heater, air conditioner needs freon, the seats would hold 6 adults, and if needed the trunk would hold 2 bodies...it's a 3.0 engine, but it actually goes alright and I passed a guy yesterday....hurrah....I have missed driving so much...oh and it has... electric windows and they all work...the IROC has hand crank windows...I keep making them go up and down just cuz I can...lolololol the only thing I worried about is the almost 200 thousand miles. BUT...I personally know the owner, he bought it new and has kept so many records. This guy is so ocdc,acdc, whatever, anyway he kept such records that he kept track of every time he filled the tank, and kept the mileage on that tank! The interior is very light gray without a stain on it, even the trunk is immaculate...I feel that someone who has taken such great care of the car visibly took care of that engine as well and maybe I can have it for a good while. I will confess to being very nervous and I had pull over on the way home cuz I thought I was gonna puke...and also on the way home I realized and the car door told me that the color is Star Mist blue...the very same color as my father's 1957 Ford Thunderbird...I hope my new Ford car is not a Fix Or Repair Daily

How many miles have you racked up on the IROC since you've had it?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well...I just bought a car. I bought my Camaro in 1988, that's my only experience in buying a car...I wasn't looking for another car...my IROC should have it's new engine et al, in a week or so and a guy from my church loaned me an immaculate 1998 Ford Taurus when this first happened...it's a great car! Has the original cassette player with a great sound system, a killer heater, air conditioner needs freon, the seats would hold 6 adults, and if needed the trunk would hold 2 bodies...it's a 3.0 engine, but it actually goes alright and I passed a guy yesterday....hurrah....I have missed driving so much...oh and it has... electric windows and they all work...the IROC has hand crank windows...I keep making them go up and down just cuz I can...lolololol the only thing I worried about is the almost 200 thousand miles. BUT...I personally know the owner, he bought it new and has kept so many records. This guy is so ocdc,acdc, whatever, anyway he kept such records that he kept track of every time he filled the tank, and kept the mileage on that tank! The interior is very light gray without a stain on it, even the trunk is immaculate...I feel that someone who has taken such great care of the car visibly took care of that engine as well and maybe I can have it for a good while. I will confess to being very nervous and I had pull over on the way home cuz I thought I was gonna puke...and also on the way home I realized and the car door told me that the color is Star Mist blue...the very same color as my father's 1957 Ford Thunderbird...I hope my new Ford car is not a Fix Or Repair Daily
My Ford fiesta is 17 years old this year and apart from usual wear and tear it's been great.....and that's in spite of me - I'm not a careful owner. Enjoy it Maggie.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I remember her talking about at least 1 time it was replaced; I was just curious what was on the odometer after 35 years. My truck is just under 290k after 8 1/2 years
Yeah, she's done an awful lot of driving in that car. Now I'm curious too. @Maggie3fan

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And well it is a car and they need fixed.🙃 but if you don't have a car payment you have some money to be proactive if needed. Sounds like a wonderful blessing to me.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My memory is getting so bad. I can't remember which one of my friends here on TFO to thank that told me about Diamond brand dog chow. We were talking on a different thread 🧵 but anyway I found some in a bag size I bought. My puppy really loved it 🤗 and he could have Science Diet 😀 thanks 😊

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Sometimes, good things happen to good people! Congratulations Maggie!

The Taurus is a very smooth riding car for its size & has plenty of get up and go. I drove that ugly dark green one for 2 years.
Ugly to look at from the outside but it sure was a nice and reliable car.

Welcome to the world of refinement after that IROC! LOL

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
My memory is getting so bad. I can't remember which one of my friends here on TFO to thank that told me about Diamond brand dog chow. We were talking on a different thread 🧵 but anyway I found some in a bag size I bought. My puppy really loved it 🤗 and he could have Science Diet 😀 thanks 😊
Len....i think

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Len....i think
Yes possibly. I was surprised and happy to find it at a pet store I frequent. Mr Fre is a picky little person. I've tried all kinds of food to entice him to eat. That's the best I've seen him eat dry puppy food since I brought him home That's the miracle of TFO. If I can't remember MAYBE one of my friends here can 😉😜😊

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well...I just bought a car. I bought my Camaro in 1988, that's my only experience in buying a car...I wasn't looking for another car...my IROC should have it's new engine et al, in a week or so and a guy from my church loaned me an immaculate 1998 Ford Taurus when this first happened...it's a great car! Has the original cassette player with a great sound system, a killer heater, air conditioner needs freon, the seats would hold 6 adults, and if needed the trunk would hold 2 bodies...it's a 3.0 engine, but it actually goes alright and I passed a guy yesterday....hurrah....I have missed driving so much...oh and it has... electric windows and they all work...the IROC has hand crank windows...I keep making them go up and down just cuz I can...lolololol the only thing I worried about is the almost 200 thousand miles. BUT...I personally know the owner, he bought it new and has kept so many records. This guy is so ocdc,acdc, whatever, anyway he kept such records that he kept track of every time he filled the tank, and kept the mileage on that tank! The interior is very light gray without a stain on it, even the trunk is immaculate...I feel that someone who has taken such great care of the car visibly tookC care of that engine as well and maybe I can have it for a good while. I will confess to being very nervous and I had pull over on the way home cuz I thought I was gonna puke...and also on the way home I realized and the car door told me that the color is Star Mist blue...the very same color as my father's 1957 Ford Thunderbird...I hope my new Ford car is not a Fix Or Repair Daily
Congrats on the car. I would think the yr. of the car. That the A/C needs more than just freon. It probably has a leak somewhere but I could be wrong. 3.0 motors back then were very dependable.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sometimes, good things happen to good people! Congratulations Maggie!

The Taurus is a very smooth riding car for its size & has plenty of get up and go. I drove that ugly dark green one for 2 years.
Ugly to look at from the outside but it sure was a nice and reliable car.

Welcome to the world of refinement after that IROC! LOL
My closest friend says...."well Maggie....sometimes good things happen to BAD people" lol It's a funky old car and I agree....it's an ugly old car outside, just like me, but it's a great car inside, just like me....haha

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Congrats on the car. I would think the yr. of the car. That the A/C needs more than just freon. It probably has a leak somewhere but I could be wrong. 3.0 motors back then were very dependable.
I don't care about the ac...Corvallis gets over 85 degrees about 5 days a year....it's just not that hot, certainly not hot like Fresno...I don't need ac

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I don't care about the ac...Corvallis gets over 85 degrees about 5 days a year....it's just not that hot, certainly not hot like Fresno...I don't need ac
I agree, when buying or selling a used car in Michigan. Working A/C is not a issue and doesn't really affect the price. Here in Florida it is a must and definitely affects the price.