COLD DARK ROOM

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good morning everyone!

Ray and Jeff have been posting wonderful pictures of their DIY and I just wanted to tell you all about my limited experience as a plumber (please see attached photo). In the kitchen sink the plug chain came away and I looked inside the cupboard and noticed that a pipe had come away. I thought to myself I don't know what that pipe does but I shall fix it some other time. Anyhow over the next few days I thought to myself that the drain seems to smell and a few days later as I emptied the kitchen sink water appeared on the floor and I thought so that's what the pipe does! Anyway I managed to fix it but there was a lot of water in the cupboard because I had left it 🤣🤣🤣🤣. If I had fixed it straight away I wouldn't have had to clear up a massive mess 🤣🤣🤣🤣!

Natrah IMG20240523091652.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning everyone!

Ray and Jeff have been posting wonderful pictures of their DIY and I just wanted to tell you all about my limited experience as a plumber (please see attached photo). In the kitchen sink the plug chain came away and I looked inside the cupboard and noticed that a pipe had come away. I thought to myself I don't know what that pipe does but I shall fix it some other time. Anyhow over the next few days I thought to myself that the drain seems to smell and a few days later as I emptied the kitchen sink water appeared on the floor and I thought so that's what the pipe does! Anyway I managed to fix it but there was a lot of water in the cupboard because I had left it 🤣🤣🤣🤣. If I had fixed it straight away I wouldn't have had to clear up a massive mess 🤣🤣🤣🤣!

Natrah View attachment 370973
Any loose pipes are usually bad news.
I became quite good at basic plumbing - fitting new taps, a syphon in the loo tank and new stop valves in a water tank etc., but I now have a leaky overflow from a tank that I just can't solve so going to have to call in a plumber for that, I think that's too big a job for me.

MaNaAk

Southend
I became quite good at basic plumbing - fitting new taps, a syphon in the loo tank and new stop valves in a water tank etc., but I now have a leaky overflow from a tank that I just can't solve so going to have to call in a plumber for that, I think that's too big a job for me.
I just let the landlords know and then it's a matter of chasing them. By the other neighbours and I are hoping to get rid of the neighbours in the flats upstairs.

Natrah

PS: How are your neighbours are they young or older?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning everyone!

Good job Natrah!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Lyn, did you happen to see that I mentioned you in a thread?

New uk owner of shelly. 20 year old Herman female​

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Lyn, did you happen to see that I mentioned you in a thread?

New uk owner of shelly. 20 year old Herman female​

Lyn, take pictures of the leaky overflow. I might be able to give you advice on how to fix. Then Jeff can advice you on how to fix professionally. 😁

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I just let the landlords know and then it's a matter of chasing them. By the other neighbours and I are hoping to get rid of the neighbours in the flats upstairs.

Natrah

PS: How are your neighbours are they young or older?
My neighbours are about 10 years younger than me so not exactly youngsters. It's all quiet at the moment, but it's only a matter of time....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning everyone!

😁😁😁yep something I might do 😉 hope for the best first and hope it takes a while for me to have to deal with it....
Sincerely Cathie 😘

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Have you had problems with the Sacroiliac joint for awhile? My mom suffered from that. She tried everything, physical therapy, meds, cold pac and heat pac. Finally she had injections in the joints. It worked for her. The pain relief would last for about a year. Then she would get another injection.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I've been having a sacarilliac problem lately. How in the heck can something I've only heard about in jokes be such a pain in the butt 😭🤕😁
I developed the same pain from my back to my calf on the left leg.

I called Dr Chiro and he showed me the pressure point, next to the spine on the left side, down low, just above the hip connection. Now, I can shut it off, mostly. Maybe you can find it using diagrams online?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I developed the same pain from my back to my calf on the left leg.

I called Dr Chiro and he showed me the pressure point, next to the spine on the left side, down low, just above the hip connection. Now, I can shut it off, mostly. Maybe you can find it using diagrams online?
I've been doing a stretch my doctor showed me that's helping too. It puts the joint back in place. I still have to go easy though. Until I do the stretch I can't really walk without a cane. My problem is I keep trying to do too much if I'm not in a little bit of pain 😉 so I'm kinda putting up with it. And following my rules. If it hurts don't do it too much.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Have you had problems with the Sacroiliac joint for awhile? My mom suffered from that. She tried everything, physical therapy, meds, cold pac and heat pac. Finally she had injections in the joints. It worked for her. The pain relief would last for about a year. Then she would get another injection.

Yes for many years. It comes and goes. This time has been longer. I think that's because I'm older. I'll ask my doctor about the injections. Thanks 👍

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I've been doing a stretch my doctor showed me that's helping too. It puts the joint back in place. I still have to go easy though. Until I do the stretch I can't really walk without a cane. My problem is I keep trying to do too much if I'm not in a little bit of pain 😉 so I'm kinda putting up with it. And following my rules. If it hurts don't do it too much.
Has the doctor talked about injections? They really work for my back problems. If it wasn't for the injections. I would need surgery on my back. They would replace C7-T1 vertebraes and put rods and screws at L4,L5,S1. As long as the injections work along with my home remedies. I will deal with the pain I have. The pain is bearable most of the time.