COLD DARK ROOM

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
J's going to get me into trouble!

We almost found Big Matt a Girlfriend....but it was another dude...roughly the same age, been chewed a bit but was cool , secure and active....we turned around and let him go in the woods where he was crossing the road this morning.View attachment 374012View attachment 374013

Very cool....
FWIW 15 -stud grand 2x4's, 1 box 3" screws, 1 mortise cutting set= 125bucks at Lowe's today.
❤️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's interesting, we have a friend that swears that RO water makes her whole family ill. I don't know what's going on but she was adamant so I didn't argue with her.

What do you have their Ms Cathie? Iron, calcium, hydrogen sulfide smell?
All of the above?

Calcium is usually the "killer of all things plumbing".

The only thing that generally bother me in some well water is iron.....some wells are orange and leave that nasty aftertaste. Thankfully, we have good water here and we don't need any of the Softening equipment I had installed at the old house.

Won't be going to the Caribbean after all, it's going to take them some time to rebuild. The place we stay was evacuated this morning.

We took a ride in the convertible this evening......was very nice in the country.

Didn't get the bikes listed yet but managed to give one away.....I need to get them listed! LOL
Believe it or not I just now found this post. It's calcium and yes it totally destroys plumbing. Our water didn't use to be this bad. I can drink RO water but not ozonated. Maybe they are confused as to what they are using. Ozonated water makes allergies worse.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Believe it or not I just now found this post. It's calcium and yes it totally destroys plumbing. Our water didn't use to be this bad. I can drink RO water but not ozonated. Maybe they are confused as to what they are using. Ozonated water makes allergies worse.
What is RO and ozonated water ? Here in the UK we just have water, as far as I know.
Angie

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I was thinking of Lynn too but I know she is very busy in the summers.

Don't worry Ms Cathie, I'm still on Thursday!

We met the couple who bought my home. Although we go to closing next Wed they came over to their new home to get a course in the systems and to make new friends! His wife is a spark plug and lives up a room. Her and Kerry instantly became friends. All went well, they have 3 children and were really nice folks. When Kerry told the woman that the 75" tv picture she had just complimented was hers now, she whooped! Pretty cool. They really hadn't allowed themselves that all the cool stuff was staying....she was disappointed that the little car had left the garage though...with a smile.. She was funny.

It was a very cool thing to do and we are glad we got the chance to meet them before we close. It made this...well it makes it more fun now.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
I am quite happy with the water we have here in Finland. It is all drinking quality, water hardness is the main quality that varies from area to area. We have quite hard water in my city, which makes it a bit harder to clean, but the difference in taste from city to city is very minor.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
RO water is the rage but as long as the iron and sulphur and it's oxides are low, it's generally good tasting to most folks.

I met the guy from the local vintage bike shop and now I have a empty garage...except one lone bike to be sequestered then deposited at an unknown location in the deep South in the Fall.
Yay Jeff!
20240714_093254_HDR.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was thinking of Lynn too but I know she is very busy in the summers.

Don't worry Ms Cathie, I'm still on Thursday!

We met the couple who bought my home. Although we go to closing next Wed they came over to their new home to get a course in the systems and to make new friends! His wife is a spark plug and lives up a room. Her and Kerry instantly became friends. All went well, they have 3 children and were really nice folks. When Kerry told the woman that the 75" tv picture she had just complimented was hers now, she whooped! Pretty cool. They really hadn't allowed themselves that all the cool stuff was staying....she was disappointed that the little car had left the garage though...with a smile.. She was funny.

It was a very cool thing to do and we are glad we got the chance to meet them before we close. It made this...well it makes it more fun now.
Nice and.you now adopted some children 😜 and grandkids too. Sounds like us 😜 every time I turn around my family is multiplying. And they don't have to be related. Next thing you know they could be by marriage and they had kids . Be careful they multiply 😋😘

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh no! My electric just went out too!!! But it came back on. For a minute there I thought it was lights out for me too 😉😭

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We made my last trip to my old home today. Not mine anymore. I bought it in 2006 so 17 or so years there. I have the kids heights behind on the kitchen door and my late Sulc Clemson's height/weight on the little bathroom's door.....
No tears though....just relief.

Wanna know a secret about that house???

It's in that home, this late in life....that a woman told me "no" to you know what when we began dating a dozen years ago. Right? NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE in my whole life.

Dang right, I married Kerry...most magnificent women I ever met.

And dang sure got rid of that house!

LOL