COLD DARK ROOM

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
J's going to get me into trouble!

We almost found Big Matt a Girlfriend....but it was another dude...roughly the same age, been chewed a bit but was cool , secure and active....we turned around and let him go in the woods where he was crossing the road this morning.View attachment 374012View attachment 374013

Very cool....
FWIW 15 -stud grand 2x4's, 1 box 3" screws, 1 mortise cutting set= 125bucks at Lowe's today.
❤️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's interesting, we have a friend that swears that RO water makes her whole family ill. I don't know what's going on but she was adamant so I didn't argue with her.

What do you have their Ms Cathie? Iron, calcium, hydrogen sulfide smell?
All of the above?

Calcium is usually the "killer of all things plumbing".

The only thing that generally bother me in some well water is iron.....some wells are orange and leave that nasty aftertaste. Thankfully, we have good water here and we don't need any of the Softening equipment I had installed at the old house.

Won't be going to the Caribbean after all, it's going to take them some time to rebuild. The place we stay was evacuated this morning.

We took a ride in the convertible this evening......was very nice in the country.

Didn't get the bikes listed yet but managed to give one away.....I need to get them listed! LOL
Believe it or not I just now found this post. It's calcium and yes it totally destroys plumbing. Our water didn't use to be this bad. I can drink RO water but not ozonated. Maybe they are confused as to what they are using. Ozonated water makes allergies worse.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Believe it or not I just now found this post. It's calcium and yes it totally destroys plumbing. Our water didn't use to be this bad. I can drink RO water but not ozonated. Maybe they are confused as to what they are using. Ozonated water makes allergies worse.
What is RO and ozonated water ? Here in the UK we just have water, as far as I know.
Angie

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I was thinking of Lynn too but I know she is very busy in the summers.

Don't worry Ms Cathie, I'm still on Thursday!

We met the couple who bought my home. Although we go to closing next Wed they came over to their new home to get a course in the systems and to make new friends! His wife is a spark plug and lives up a room. Her and Kerry instantly became friends. All went well, they have 3 children and were really nice folks. When Kerry told the woman that the 75" tv picture she had just complimented was hers now, she whooped! Pretty cool. They really hadn't allowed themselves that all the cool stuff was staying....she was disappointed that the little car had left the garage though...with a smile.. She was funny.

It was a very cool thing to do and we are glad we got the chance to meet them before we close. It made this...well it makes it more fun now.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
I am quite happy with the water we have here in Finland. It is all drinking quality, water hardness is the main quality that varies from area to area. We have quite hard water in my city, which makes it a bit harder to clean, but the difference in taste from city to city is very minor.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
RO water is the rage but as long as the iron and sulphur and it's oxides are low, it's generally good tasting to most folks.

I met the guy from the local vintage bike shop and now I have a empty garage...except one lone bike to be sequestered then deposited at an unknown location in the deep South in the Fall.
Yay Jeff!
20240714_093254_HDR.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was thinking of Lynn too but I know she is very busy in the summers.

Don't worry Ms Cathie, I'm still on Thursday!

We met the couple who bought my home. Although we go to closing next Wed they came over to their new home to get a course in the systems and to make new friends! His wife is a spark plug and lives up a room. Her and Kerry instantly became friends. All went well, they have 3 children and were really nice folks. When Kerry told the woman that the 75" tv picture she had just complimented was hers now, she whooped! Pretty cool. They really hadn't allowed themselves that all the cool stuff was staying....she was disappointed that the little car had left the garage though...with a smile.. She was funny.

It was a very cool thing to do and we are glad we got the chance to meet them before we close. It made this...well it makes it more fun now.
Nice and.you now adopted some children 😜 and grandkids too. Sounds like us 😜 every time I turn around my family is multiplying. And they don't have to be related. Next thing you know they could be by marriage and they had kids . Be careful they multiply 😋😘

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We made my last trip to my old home today. Not mine anymore. I bought it in 2006 so 17 or so years there. I have the kids heights behind on the kitchen door and my late Sulc Clemson's height/weight on the little bathroom's door.....
No tears though....just relief.

Wanna know a secret about that house???

It's in that home, this late in life....that a woman told me "no" to you know what when we began dating a dozen years ago. Right? NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE in my whole life.

Dang right, I married Kerry...most magnificent women I ever met.

And dang sure got rid of that house!

LOL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hey everyone, been in MI for 4 days now. I hit the road running or in my case hopping. 😁
We are at Ludington MI for the fishing tournament. The problem is no boat. One of my sons had it for 2 weeks. Brings it back on Sunday. Says he thinks he heard a little tick in the motor. We started the motor it was not a little tick. It was definitely a rod knock. Which means a total rebuild. Couldn't get the parts until Friday. The tournament is Saturday. Oh well, I put some calls in to some Capt's. So far I found a Capt for Friday. So my 2 granddaughters get to fish that tournament. Trying to talk the Capt to fish the weekend. I think a little more offerings in the form of money might work. 😁
Oh yeah, the last night staying in a hotel. I ended up with a spider bite on the top of my left foot. After a few days it was getting more swollen. Went to the urgent care and the doctor gave me a antibiotic. I don't take antibiotics every time a doctor prescribes. So I didn't take these now 2 days later it is worse. So I will start taking them. It's the only foot I have left. 🦶

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I had a HORRIFYING experience a few days ago! MY DSL MODEM DIED AND I WAS WITHOUT INTERNET FOR SIX DAYS!!!!!!!!!! That means no Forum, no email, no Google, no Kindle (which meant no jig saw puzzles or E books), no paying bills, no ordering off Amazon or Chewy. . .I was REALLY all alone here with just my animals. I don't EVER want to experience that again!

AT&T is fazing out DSL, so they don't carry my modem anymore, but they said I might be able to find one at Best Buy, Walmart or Target. But I don't do physical shopping, only online. So I figured this would be a good time to upgrade my internet. AT&T had been snail mailing me ads for their Air Internet. It's more expensive than my DSL and isn't on my AT&T retiree concession plan so I never took the bait. But I signed up. They UPS'd me the hub and I had to install it myself. Well folks, guess what! One needs a smart phone to install the stoopud thing.

My grand daughter lives in New Jersey and is one of the most intelligent humans I know, PLUS, she has a smart phone! So she called the help line and conferenced us all in. It took over an hour to get it done, but I was still not able to get online. The tech did all his testing and finally came up with the fact that the cell tower closest to my house is full and there are no available slots for new service. His suggestion was for me to wait five days to see if a slot opens up. WHAT????? Why didn't they find that out BEFORE they sold me the service?

Anyway, that was yesterday. I asked my grand daughter to research who is the next best internet provider and let me know. I really don't want to change. I've been with AT&T since dial-up.

So this a.m. I got on my computer and opened the internet window and clicked the self diagnosis button just for the heck of it. After a few minutes a window popped open telling me the ethernet cable was either bad or not plugged in. I looked at my old modem and sure enough, there was an ethernet cable running from it to the computer. So I had to go get the new hub from my bedroom where it was on the side of the house closest to the cell tower, near a window, and place it near the computer and plug it into the ethernet. VOILA! I am now connected to the internet!

I'm too old for all this agita.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well, I had a HORRIFYING experience a few days ago! MY DSL MODEM DIED AND I WAS WITHOUT INTERNET FOR SIX DAYS!!!!!!!!!! That means no Forum, no email, no Google, no Kindle (which meant no jig saw puzzles or E books), no paying bills, no ordering off Amazon or Chewy. . .I was REALLY all alone here with just my animals. I don't EVER want to experience that again!

AT&T is fazing out DSL, so they don't carry my modem anymore, but they said I might be able to find one at Best Buy, Walmart or Target. But I don't do physical shopping, only online. So I figured this would be a good time to upgrade my internet. AT&T had been snail mailing me ads for their Air Internet. It's more expensive than my DSL and isn't on my AT&T retiree concession plan so I never took the bait. But I signed up. They UPS'd me the hub and I had to install it myself. Well folks, guess what! One needs a smart phone to install the stoopud thing.

My grand daughter lives in New Jersey and is one of the most intelligent humans I know, PLUS, she has a smart phone! So she called the help line and conferenced us all in. It took over an hour to get it done, but I was still not able to get online. The tech did all his testing and finally came up with the fact that the cell tower closest to my house is full and there are no available slots for new service. His suggestion was for me to wait five days to see if a slot opens up. WHAT????? Why didn't they find that out BEFORE they sold me the service?

Anyway, that was yesterday. I asked my grand daughter to research who is the next best internet provider and let me know. I really don't want to change. I've been with AT&T since dial-up.

So this a.m. I got on my computer and opened the internet window and clicked the self diagnosis button just for the heck of it. After a few minutes a window popped open telling me the ethernet cable was either bad or not plugged in. I looked at my old modem and sure enough, there was an ethernet cable running from it to the computer. So I had to go get the new hub from my bedroom where it was on the side of the house closest to the cell tower, near a window, and place it near the computer and plug it into the ethernet. VOILA! I am now connected to the internet!

Great to have you back.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I hear you. I'm glad you lived through all that!! I love/hate dealing with that kind of stuff. I avoid it like the plague 🤕 unless I can't be here every day 😊🐢🐢