COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Good evening everyone!

Jacky had a good checkup with her regular vet and we are awaiting blood test results.

Natrah

PS: I will always think of Daisy at that vet's.
Did you bring in Daisy just for a checkup?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning everyone!

Below is a picture of Strawberry Susanna:

Natrah

PS: Ray how are you today and when will you be discharged? Also what type of spider were you bitten by?View attachment 375137
Doctor just came in my room. He said I could go home today. They are not sure what bit me. The bite looked like a figure eight. From what I have researched, it looks like a spider bite. But there are to many spiders, to figure out which one.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
was interesting when I first learned about the separate taps, the ways 'simple' things are different isn't something people think about often.
I always buy faucets with separate taps. When the combined came out and I switched I had nothing but trouble with them so I went back to separate.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Doctor just came in my room. He said I could go home today. They are not sure what bit me. The bite looked like a figure eight. From what I have researched, it looks like a spider bite. But there are to many spiders, to figure out which one.

yikes Ray! Glad you are on the mend. Spider bites can be nasty.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Well, I had a HORRIFYING experience a few days ago! MY DSL MODEM DIED AND I WAS WITHOUT INTERNET FOR SIX DAYS!!!!!!!!!! That means no Forum, no email, no Google, no Kindle (which meant no jig saw puzzles or E books), no paying bills, no ordering off Amazon or Chewy. . .I was REALLY all alone here with just my animals. I don't EVER want to experience that again!

AT&T is fazing out DSL, so they don't carry my modem anymore, but they said I might be able to find one at Best Buy, Walmart or Target. But I don't do physical shopping, only online. So I figured this would be a good time to upgrade my internet. AT&T had been snail mailing me ads for their Air Internet. It's more expensive than my DSL and isn't on my AT&T retiree concession plan so I never took the bait. But I signed up. They UPS'd me the hub and I had to install it myself. Well folks, guess what! One needs a smart phone to install the stoopud thing.

My grand daughter lives in New Jersey and is one of the most intelligent humans I know, PLUS, she has a smart phone! So she called the help line and conferenced us all in. It took over an hour to get it done, but I was still not able to get online. The tech did all his testing and finally came up with the fact that the cell tower closest to my house is full and there are no available slots for new service. His suggestion was for me to wait five days to see if a slot opens up. WHAT????? Why didn't they find that out BEFORE they sold me the service?

Anyway, that was yesterday. I asked my grand daughter to research who is the next best internet provider and let me know. I really don't want to change. I've been with AT&T since dial-up.

So this a.m. I got on my computer and opened the internet window and clicked the self diagnosis button just for the heck of it. After a few minutes a window popped open telling me the ethernet cable was either bad or not plugged in. I looked at my old modem and sure enough, there was an ethernet cable running from it to the computer. So I had to go get the new hub from my bedroom where it was on the side of the house closest to the cell tower, near a window, and place it near the computer and plug it into the ethernet. VOILA! I am now connected to the internet!

I'm too old for all this agita.
Great job on the fix!