COLD DARK ROOM

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Bats,foxes,badgers and squirrels! Oh my!
In Malaysia it was bats, squirrels, monkeys, scorpions and the most amazing birds! My brothers once said:

"Natrah there's an eagle in the garden!"

I went out and they said:

"April fool!"

I looked up and there a bird soaring above and it probably was an eagle so who's the real fool? A smaller bird wouldn't be seen at that height.

Natrah

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good morning all. Long time no not see!
I hope you and your families are all well - I have a lot to catch up on after my little break.
I've had quite a busy time lately with visitors and some time away at a sister's home and helping a niece with a house move.
I've also had covid again, which hit me quite badly. I think it must be the new strain of it which they call Flirt, but I can assure there was no flirting going on so that not how I caught it!!😁 I still have a cough and some hoarseness and my energy levels aren't back to normal yet but getting there.
I also had a nasty eye infection in my good eye which really curtailed any reading, or driving or even walking about, because my other eye has always been very weak, so everything was a blur for a long while.

Lola is fine and enjoying any sunny days in the garden, but the weather and temps have been very up and down. I think we're expecting really high temps up to 80+F for the next 5 days - not my cup of tea but it will make a lot of people happy. I hope it hasn't been too hot in your corners, I hear from my nephew in LV they've had temps of 118F - that would finish me off!

I now have 3 hedgehogs visiting my garden every night, one of them has actually set up home in one corner and at dusk every night I can hear him rustling about and having a good scratch before he surfaces for his breakfast. There are a couple more frogs about too and when I went to the hair salon the other day, I came home with a haircut and a toad! They had been clearing their back yard and so the poor toad had lost all his cover. I took him to my sister's garden which is massive and has a couple of ponds and plenty of cover so hopefully he'll be safe and happy there.
So plenty of wildlife around at the moment.

Anyway I have some messages to catch up on and plenty of posts so I'd better get started. TTFN and have a good Sunday.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
I also get bats, foxes, badgers and squirrels.

Natrah
My dad gets squirrels, shrews, voles, hedgehogs and the occasional common raccoon dog or a neighborhood cat. And there is a northern water vole living behind my dads shed!

The common raccoon dogs are an invasive species here and stick around in cities to avoid natural predators. If I knew where they lived, I would surely report them.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good evening everyone!

Jacky had a good checkup with her regular vet and we are awaiting blood test results.

Natrah

PS: I will always think of Daisy at that vet's.
I hope Jacky is ok and they find out what's wrong. Lola likes to nibble my mop - do you think Jacky could have done the same and caused a blockage? I do hope not.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Sitting in a room in the emergency. Waiting for the surgeons to come in. Will tell me if they are going to remove a abscess from the top of my foot. They have me on IV antibiotics since the pills didn't seem to help. Going to spend the night. They have Xrayed my foot. They did ultrasound doppler on the veins and foot. Also ultrasound at the spider bite.
I hope things have improved through the week for you Ray.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
@Maro2Bear so sorry you have decided to re home your Sully. He has had a lovely life with you and I hope you find someone who will provide the same care, and hopefully keep in touch with you so that you can see how he's doing. Good luck.

MaNaAk

Southend
I hope Jacky is ok and they find out what's wrong. Lola likes to nibble my mop - do you think Jacky could have done the same and caused a blockage? I do hope not.
Dear Lyn,

Jacky's checkup turned out to be okay alongwith the bloodtests she hadn't been eating very much because of the awful weather and she thought winter was coming! However when we had that very warm Friday she started eating like there was no tomorrow but I decided to carry on with the appointment. I think you live alone except for Lola just like myself and Jacky. I have found that I am extra protective of her since losing Daisy to TB. Please could I see a picture of Lola.

Thankyou very much

Natrah

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Dear Lyn,

Jacky's checkup turned out to be okay alongwith the bloodtests she hadn't been eating very much because of the awful weather and she thought winter was coming! However when we had that very warm Friday she started eating like there was no tomorrow but I decided to carry on with the appointment. I think you live alone except for Lola just like myself and Jacky. I have found that I am extra protective of her since losing Daisy to TB. Please could I see a picture of Lola.

Thankyou very much

Natrah
1000001864.jpg
This is Lola enjoying the sun a few weeks ago. He's about 15 inches long now. I'm glad Jacky is well.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning all. Long time no not see!
I hope you and your families are all well - I have a lot to catch up on after my little break.
I've had quite a busy time lately with visitors and some time away at a sister's home and helping a niece with a house move.
I've also had covid again, which hit me quite badly. I think it must be the new strain of it which they call Flirt, but I can assure there was no flirting going on so that not how I caught it!!😁 I still have a cough and some hoarseness and my energy levels aren't back to normal yet but getting there.
I also had a nasty eye infection in my good eye which really curtailed any reading, or driving or even walking about, because my other eye has always been very weak, so everything was a blur for a long while.

Lola is fine and enjoying any sunny days in the garden, but the weather and temps have been very up and down. I think we're expecting really high temps up to 80+F for the next 5 days - not my cup of tea but it will make a lot of people happy. I hope it hasn't been too hot in your corners, I hear from my nephew in LV they've had temps of 118F - that would finish me off!

I now have 3 hedgehogs visiting my garden every night, one of them has actually set up home in one corner and at dusk every night I can hear him rustling about and having a good scratch before he surfaces for his breakfast. There are a couple more frogs about too and when I went to the hair salon the other day, I came home with a haircut and a toad! They had been clearing their back yard and so the poor toad had lost all his cover. I took him to my sister's garden which is massive and has a couple of ponds and plenty of cover so hopefully he'll be safe and happy there.
So plenty of wildlife around at the moment.

Anyway I have some messages to catch up on and plenty of posts so I'd better get started. TTFN and have a good Sunday.
Hope you start feeling better.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I hope things have improved through the week for you Ray.
Thanks Lyn, Rose has to take a gauze packing out of the wound twice a day. Repacking hurts like the devil. Go weds to see if things are getting better.