COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Went to my scheduled checkup for my bite. It was at a outpatient wound care at the hospital. They didn't like the redness and pain around the bite. So they took the packing out and lanced it. Blood and puss came out. Not a lot but they decided the hole in my foot and started healing. The infection got trapped below the healing. So back on the antibiotics and Rose to continue to pack the bite twice a day. The hole is about 1/2" deep a 1/4" wide.
Dang....you can't really catch a break can you?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Dang....you can't really catch a break can you?
Well this isn't too bad. I figure it only sets me back a few days.
Sunday I will be taking 14 of the family to a Detroit Tigers game. We got seating for all of us to be together. I have never been to the Tigers new stadium. It opened up in April 2000. So not so new anymore. 1st baseline, 1st level and past 1st base going into right field. Is where we are sitting. Prime foul ball area when a right handed batter is up to the plate. Should be fun!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here is a picture of my wound. The red around the wound, covered the whole top of my foot at its worst. That redness is starting to get angry again. Hopefully starting antibiotics again, will calm it down.
IMG_1770.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Here is a picture of my wound. The red around the wound, covered the whole top of my foot at its worst. That redness is starting to get angry again. Hopefully starting antibiotics again, will calm it down.
View attachment 376114
Does it itch? I had a spider bite about 50 years ago and the hole looked like yours. It was on my shin about halfway between the ankle and knee. I could almost stick my little finger in it. It never got infected but took forever for it to heal up. I'm dealing with a bite right now on my belly that itches big time. But Benadryl cream helps with that. The recent bite has a large area of itching but the redness around the actual bite doesn't spread out to far. Hope you are feeling better real soon and enjoy the ballgame.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Went to my scheduled checkup for my bite. It was at a outpatient wound care at the hospital. They didn't like the redness and pain around the bite. So they took the packing out and lanced it. Blood and puss came out. Not a lot but they decided the hole in my foot and started healing. The infection got trapped below the healing. So back on the antibiotics and Rose to continue to pack the bite twice a day. The hole is about 1/2" deep a 1/4" wide.
Yikes Ray, none of this sounds like fun. 😩

Infections that get buried below the skin like that can be nasty. Get that infection killed!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Hot Hazy and Humid again in Maryland. We are forecast for another week of nasty hot weather. It’s been soooooo hot & dry. We actually had some rain TWO days in a row. Back to 100 degrees today.

ive already been in my hillbilly stock tank today @ 10:00. Might have to do another soak at 15:00. Little gardening to get done, too hot to kayak. Aagh, luckily some Olympic Games to watch.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good job they're keeping an eye on it Ray. It looks nasty.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good morning /afternoon /evening all. It's been so hot here the last few days. I've only been out early mornings.
Lola's been soaking it up and is super charged.

I've been in touch with a hedgehog rehabilitator because I've been worried about the one living in my garden. He has a cough which I can hear during the day and could be a sign of lungworm. I've sent pics from my trail cam and have to try to get a poop sample to have tested. Trouble is there's 3 of them! I hope he'll be ok.
I've also been busy trying to keep them safe because one of my neighbour's poured oil over all the weeds in lane outside his house which the hogs use every night. So I went and dug up all the weeds and as much contaminated soil as possible. I don't know why he did that - they're nice people and he's a mechanic so he could have taken it into work to get rid of it. Some people are so thoughtless.
His part of the lane looks great now though - but it still stinks around here.

I hope you're all having a cooler and more peaceful week.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You made Kerry's day with the pic Ray. She's gruesome like that. I told her that it looked like all the baby spiders had hatched from your foot and I would just pack it with dirt. She gave me "the look". So I suggested; Release the leeches! She gave me "the look" again.

Mark is only 65miles or so from us as the crow flies....but WE did not see ANY rain. Good for you guys, enjoy the tub!

You know someone is connected when they recognize when the local wildlife is sick. Way to go Lyn!

We're meeting my ex and her husband at a dinner/bar for dinner and a comedy show tonight. The headliner is Kerry's cousin and we've seen him several times. He can be raunchy so if my ex brings Aunt Pat, she might blush!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
View attachment 376114
YIPES, Ray! Does Rose also have to flush it out? That looks painful.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 376114
Wow. I'm glad you have improved. You, Rose, Naynay and Opo are always in my daily prayers though. Along with the rest of your family. Hopefully it's just a little setback 😊

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
You made Kerry's day with the pic Ray. She's gruesome like that. I told her that it looked like all the baby spiders had hatched from your foot and I would just pack it with dirt. She gave me "the look". So I suggested; Release the leeches! She gave me "the look" again.

Mark is only 65miles or so from us as the crow flies....but WE did not see ANY rain. Good for you guys, enjoy the tub!

You know someone is connected when they recognize when the local wildlife is sick. Way to go Lyn!

We're meeting my ex and her husband at a dinner/bar for dinner and a comedy show tonight. The headliner is Kerry's cousin and we've seen him several times. He can be raunchy so if my ex brings Aunt Pat, she might blush!

Our garden now looks like our garden in Riyadh, probably worse. At least our villa was small and we had free water on sprinklers. Amazing how well plants look after a thunderstorm. Praying for more.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mr Fre lost his last baby canine today 😊 I couldn't help but say nanananana 😜 yeah!!!? 👍 Woo hoo. You can't get me now 😜