COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sleeping is getting more and more rare. I feel fine, just would rather be awake than asleep.

Kerry and & I are going to go scrap barnacles off the floating dock sections for our community later today. John took me at my word about volunteering and showed us the work yesterday. He showed us the hand-held scrapper they were using and where the pressure washer was at one of the members whose home is on the water and has donated beach space. Hmmm, I came home, copped one of the flat shovels from the tool shed and over to my grinder. I now have a 48" flat shovel with a razors edge.....it ought to make quick work of the suckers, I sure hope.
I haven't scrapped them since I was a kid....a nasty & difficult job.

I've been searching for a new Winter bin for Big Matt. The other one was too tall......but most of the flat ones are only 7" tall. I'm going to move him into the downstairs bedroom and I don't want his winter quarters to dominate the room as it did in the dining room so he's going to have to suck it up and live in a smaller space. If I can do it, he can do it! LOL

Kerry put ad's in the local media for a Yard Sale next Saturday so today we went to meet "Mr yard sale" who lives a 1/2 mile or so away. He puts out his signs religiously and takes them down each week for his non-stop yard sale! LOL He talks more than I do, holy crap! It was bad...LONELY!!...this guy was like my old motorcycle buddy who had disowned his entire family yet talked of nothing but, on steroids! At one point, I was considering on just killing him with his own yard sale tools just to shut him up....yes, it was that bad! Not really but you get the idea. Anyway, he will coordinate with Kerry so his signs will benefit them both as will Kerry......and I moved my car up so Kerry can stage her stuff under the canopy next to the garage.

So now I'm helping her with "yard sale". I don't mind helping to move the stuff, I just hate yard sales but maybe this won't be so bad. It will give my antisocial butt a chance to meet some of my neighbors I guess. I think she forgot that I'm trying to plan a multi-week vacation for next week but I also realize that she is finding her way in Retirement and with all her free time, she's all over the place. A little tough to be patient with when I don't sleep or eat enough. Maybe she actually believes all that superman stuff?

Yikes, scraping barnacles, always fun. Sounds like a you did well with the modification!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dear Sapphire, Razberri and Dilly,

Please do your bit and join in with Mr Fre.

Natrah
What makes you think they already don't!🤒😁 Razzberri is trying to steal Mr Fre's toys and food if he's sleeping. My bunny would never eat anything but Timothy hay and her katees Timothy Complete before. Even veggies 🙃 She would sniff them and shake her ears no. What gives with that? She's a rabbit 😉. And then there's Dilly hanging out in Joe's room enticing Mr Fre to bark at him. There's a large gate between them in the doorway. So they do interact. Dilly is getting more accepting of my puppy but enjoys teasing him through the gate. A plus is Mr Fre is learning not to be rough with certain animals. He'll never be alone around Sapphire ever though. So for now I live in a Zoo. And then there's Joe 😭🤗

MaNaAk

Southend
What makes you think they already don't!🤒😁 Razzberri is trying to steal Mr Fre's toys and food if he's sleeping. My bunny would never eat anything but Timothy hay and her katees Timothy Complete before. Even veggies 🙃 She would sniff them and shake her ears no. What gives with that? She's a rabbit 😉. And then there's Dilly hanging out in Joe's room enticing Mr Fre to bark at him. There's a large gate between them in the doorway. So they do interact. Dilly is getting more accepting of my puppy but enjoys teasing him through the gate. A plus is Mr Fre is learning not to be rough with certain animals. He'll never be alone around Sapphire ever though. So for now I live in a Zoo. And then there's Joe 😭🤗
I would wind Mr Fre up as well!

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
The barnacles weren't bad. A lot easier off 8 huge rubber blocks than a fiberglass boat. We did our part...everyone is happy.

Got back beat of course...just resting this evening....and made the 1st pymt for Kerry's car....only 35 more to go! LOL

Did a neat thing and compared the pics of all 5 different box turtles we have found around here....all were different, all males.