Cold leopard tortise

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Accidentally left my four and a half year old leopard tortoise Roscoe in the tub soaking last night and it's 75° in our house my wife only put him outside where it's like 95 out already and I thought maybe it might shock him she said he's kind of lifeless I'm assuming he's just cold and sick probably any thoughts

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Accidentally left my four and a half year old leopard tortoise Roscoe in the tub soaking last night and it's 75° in our house my wife only put him outside where it's like 95 out already and I thought maybe it might shock him she said he's kind of lifeless I'm assuming he's just cold and sick probably any thoughts
75 degree water over night should not be any problem at all. 65 degree water wouldn't hurt. I've done the same thing and it does no harm.

95 degrees can over heat and kill them if they are in full sun with no shade, so be careful.

I'd give him some time in the shade to see if he doesn't perk up.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
75 degree water over night should not be any problem at all. 65 degree water wouldn't hurt. I've done the same thing and it does no harm.

95 degrees can over heat and kill them if they are in full sun with no shade, so be careful.

Yeah I just messaged you... She said she put him in his enclosure which is at 80 his area outside has lots of shade and a mister which one is 110 out even and under the shade his shell temperature is under a hundred and then and his cave under there is like it 85 to 89 most of the time.... She just said he was lifeless the water might have been a little colder than 75 it's pretty chilly in her house he was in there for at least 10 hours

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah I just messaged you... She said she put him in his enclosure which is at 80 his area outside has lots of shade and a mister which one is 110 out even and under the shade his shell temperature is under a hundred and then and his cave under there is like it 85 to 89 most of the time.... She just said he was lifeless the water might have been a little colder than 75 it's pretty chilly in her house he was in there for at least 10 hours
This really should be no problem once he warms back up.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az

This really should be no problem once he warms back up.
Thanks Tom... Here's a picture of him outside with his buddy...🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240719-081335.png
    Screenshot_20240719-081335.png
    224.2 KB · Views: 1