Cost of feedings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Tom said:
Spineless opuntia cactus. You grow it by sticking a pad in dry dirt. Very technical and complicated... :D haha

Grape vines work great in any climate. They grow in the spring and summer and go dormant through winter. A redfoot could eat some grapes once in a while, but for most species we just feed the leaves.

lol, great info, and i do believe that my grandfather down in arizona could send me some of that cactus to plant :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Squash leaves and flowers are a good choice, don't feed the tomato plant itself it is toxic.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Might be able to feed the squash too, depends what you end up getting.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
dmmj said:
Squash leaves and flowers are a good choice, don't feed the tomato plant itself it is toxic.

I will be sure to watch out for that. when he gets older, could i mow my yard, and keep the shavings and feed them to him?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Grass clippings are another good choice, my sulcata loves to chow down on the grass in his pen. I have noticed that grass seems to be hit or miss with tortoises. They either love it or ignore it.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
dmmj said:
Grass clippings are another good choice, my sulcata loves to chow down on the grass in his pen. I have noticed that grass seems to be hit or miss with tortoises. They either love it or ignore it.

i'll keep that in mind :D, but its worth a shot.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
dmmj said:

My Russian loves it! Let's see how my new sulcata will like it!

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
dmmj said:

My Russian loves it! Let's see how my new sulcata will like it!

man i would get a sulcata, but its just the upkeep cost as well as outdoor enclosure, but the worst part for me would be winter heating bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.