Cross post, Salcata Tortoises needing new home heartbroken.

Jrham08

Location (City and/or State)
Surprise
I've been in a verbally and emotionally abusive relationship for a long time and I need to move out for my own sanity. I have to move quickly and idk if I can safely take them and house them where I'm going. This is terrible I never meant to has this happen. These are my tortoise kids. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area the has the ability to house extra tortoises? This is such a heartbreaking decision.

I'm completely torn up about this but I would rather them go somewhere where they can live happy and stress free.

This is a picture of them, I call them Big Boy and Little Man, as you can see Little Man is deformed. I believe he suffered from MBD or something like that in his early years, they are siblings and got the same care and diet.

They are in the totes right now because we had terrible flooding and I was afraid their burrow was going under water.

I want everyone to know I'm truly embarrassed that I have to ask this.

Thanks

If mods would prefer this in only one place feel free to delete one, I'm sorry.

Jason20220726_061107.jpg20220726_061129.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wish I lived closer Jason. I'd take them in a minute! Especially Little Man. I LOVE the underdog.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
What species are they? Are you willing to ship?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Thank you. Good luck

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sorry about current situation. I love Littleman. ❤️ Hope things quickly improve.

Jrham08

Surprise
Thanks for the kind words. He/she is definitely a fighter, never once have I seen anything that would indicate health issues besides what are visible.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
If you needed someone to take them temporarily, do you have a sense of how long that might be?

Jrham08

Surprise
I'm thinking I'll be able to have a setup where I'm going. I'm just still playing it by ear. Having Big Boy a 40 pound tortoise and Little Man requires a bit of preparation when moving. I appreciate everyones kind words and consideration to my situation. I'm happy as long as I can keep them happy and healthy in my personal turmoil. I believe animals /pets/ animal children whatever you call them shouldn't suffer because your life is uprooted.

Thanks
Jason.