Daisy's Anniversary

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
That’s interesting, could the grass be fermenting? I don’t know if that gives off a smell. I remember reading something about not giving any cut or picked grass to my rabbits due to some process within the grass that starts as soon as it’s broken.
Now THATS interesting!
I do t know what it was but YES!!!
You’re right!
It smelled like decomposed grass!!!
Wow! What headaches I had. 🤕

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you very much, Cathie. I shall let you know how I get on - i am lucky to get the treatment that I have, but I would be so happy if the new stuff works - and maybe it would stop me being so shaky and falling over too ! !
Angie
Good I'd love to know when to say a little prayer for you. 🤗 So 🤗🙏🤗🙏🤗🙏 this will be the right medicine. My brother finally found the right one for him. I don't know why you couldn't find the right one for you too.

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

I have been tucking into dandelions. Do you remember gobbling most of the strawberries one lunchtime leaving Natrah having to look for dandelions just for me. We ended having to be separated because you went for the dandelions as well!

Love

Jacky and Natrah IMG20240324150524.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

I'm just letting you know that I am having fun with the food bowl/basking table. Natrah has decided to put the food on one of the rope tiles to make it easier for me with the food bowl next to it because I'm a messy eater. After eating yesterday I decided to do some basking and to my delight when I stepped on to the basking table it moved so I decided to do a twirl. It is just like stepping on to the bathroom scales! Weeeeee!!!!!!!

Love

Jacky and Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

Natrah and I ate very well yesterday and she did quite a bit of cooking. However she needed to do some shopping before the cooking so she topped up my food bowl with lettuce and kale before leaving. Whilst she was out she picked some dandelions for me and she gave them to me when she returned. Natrah sat down to have a Cadbury's Creme Egg and a cup of tea whilst reading the newspaper but I finished the dandelions and I was still hungry so I bashed the food bowl several times in order to get attention! Zola did the same thing in his conservatory and Dickie really needs to follow our example! Come on Dickie!

Love

Jacky and Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening Daisy!

It's been a quiet day although I had a good afternoon at Two Tree Island. I saw lots of birds as listed in the Jacky And Daisy. I hope our friends got to see the different pictures and to read the list. I always think of you when I see Canvey Island and always of the lovely who was in tears when he gave my your diagnosis.

Love

Jacky and Natrah

PS: @Chefdenoel, @MenagerieGrl, @zolasmum, @MoggyMad and @CathieG I have added to the Jacky and Daisy thread

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

The picture below shows me enjoying loads of dandelions but someone on Essex Tortoise Group said I should have a more varied diet. Natrah only joined this group a few weeks ago so this person doesn't realise that I am 88! It's a wonder we reached our eighties if we had the wrong diet!

Love

Jacky and NatrahIMG20240401142359.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

The picture below shows me enjoying loads of dandelions but someone on Essex Tortoise Group said I should have a more varied diet. Natrah only joined this group a few weeks ago so this person doesn't realise that I am 88! It's a wonder we reached our eighties if we had the wrong diet!

Love

Jacky and NatrahView attachment 368834
We must have been amazing to reach the age of eight like this!

Jacky

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Good morning Daisy,

Love

Jacky and NatrahView attachment 368834
Lovin' the Dandelion bloom's and going strong, Yay! Daisy!🥰

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good I'd love to know when to say a little prayer for you. 🤗 So 🤗🙏🤗🙏🤗🙏 this will be the right medicine. My brother finally found the right one for him. I don't know why you couldn't find the right one for you too.
I went to the hospital a couple of days ago, and was told I was on the list for the first group of people to try the atogepant, and would get a letter within a few weeks to get the stuff and get started - there will be a 3 month trial period, and then if it works, I shall be able to continue for as long as I need. I would be so happy if it did work - I think my frequent falls and general wobbliness are probably connected to the painkillers and the injections, and I would love to be able to carry Zola safely, and to go for proper walks again. I think Richard would be very pleased too - he is very kind and thoughtful, but he has to keep looking out for me, and doing jobs I have always done before.
Anyway, I will let you know. What does your brother get that works ?
Thank you for your concern.
Angie

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I went to the hospital a couple of days ago, and was told I was on the list for the first group of people to try the atogepant, and would get a letter within a few weeks to get the stuff and get started - there will be a 3 month trial period, and then if it works, I shall be able to continue for as long as I need. I would be so happy if it did work - I think my frequent falls and general wobbliness are probably connected to the painkillers and the injections, and I would love to be able to carry Zola safely, and to go for proper walks again. I think Richard would be very pleased too - he is very kind and thoughtful, but he has to keep looking out for me, and doing jobs I have always done before.
Anyway, I will let you know. What does your brother get that works ?
Thank you for your concern.
Angie
He has to follow a diet with certain things forbidden. He also takes magnesium. He used to have to take a medication but now he really doesn't need it most days. His migraines used to paralyze him now he just gets the flashing lights but no pain.