Dale's a daddy!!!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
I know I haven't been on her for a while, but I had to tell everyone that Dale is a daddy now. This summer with some help from one of the members here on TFO I was brave enough to let Dale breed with one of the girls (Little Eddie). No I haven't changed the name yet. Two nights ago she laid 5 eggs. What an amazing thing to watch. Dale is about 12 now and the Ruby and Eddie are about 6. I didn't let him breed with Ruby because she kept running from him and she is much smaller than Eddie. I'm hoping that some are fertile eggs, but from what I'm hearing there might be some that aren't. Since I have no interest in hatching any eggs or having any other tortoises I emailed one of my friends here on TFO and they came over and took the eggs the next day. I was overly thrilled that they went to someone as caring as this person is with tortoises. Here is a picture of Eddie and her eggs. 12195916_1068784269806847_4235249744244958993_n.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I know I haven't been on her for a while, but I had to tell everyone that Dale is a daddy now. This summer with some help from one of the members here on TFO I was brave enough to let Dale breed with one of the girls (Little Eddie). No I haven't changed the name yet. Two nights ago she laid 5 eggs. What an amazing thing to watch. Dale is about 12 now and the Ruby and Eddie are about 6. I didn't let him breed with Ruby because she kept running from him and she is much smaller than Eddie. I'm hoping that some are fertile eggs, but from what I'm hearing there might be some that aren't. Since I have no interest in hatching any eggs or having any other tortoises I emailed one of my friends here on TFO and they came over and took the eggs the next day. I was overly thrilled that they went to someone as caring as this person is with tortoises. Here is a picture of Eddie and her eggs. View attachment 155040

How exciting!! Good luck!!!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thanks everyone. Carl, I thinks so too. I think that's why I haven't changed it yet. :)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I know I haven't been on her for a while, but I had to tell everyone that Dale is a daddy now. This summer with some help from one of the members here on TFO I was brave enough to let Dale breed with one of the girls (Little Eddie). No I haven't changed the name yet. Two nights ago she laid 5 eggs. What an amazing thing to watch. Dale is about 12 now and the Ruby and Eddie are about 6. I didn't let him breed with Ruby because she kept running from him and she is much smaller than Eddie. I'm hoping that some are fertile eggs, but from what I'm hearing there might be some that aren't. Since I have no interest in hatching any eggs or having any other tortoises I emailed one of my friends here on TFO and they came over and took the eggs the next day. I was overly thrilled that they went to someone as caring as this person is with tortoises. Here is a picture of Eddie and her eggs. View attachment 155040
So happy for you, and that female is a nice looking tort.
What is that substrate she decided to choose for laying in?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
She was outside in the dog run. I have mulch in there and of course, dirt. :)

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Congrats! Now it is to see what the babies look like!