DAY 4, #5 PIP, MEET "CC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Today at 0900 hours #5 PIP. I just confirmed that the first one to pip on Saturday has NO NUCHAL SCUTE. This is the 4th one ever we have had hatch out with no nuchal scute. 1.34% of all aldabras are genetic without having this scute. So, that being said, she will be our one to follow during this project and we named her "CC". The pictures clearly shows the missing scute and her egg sack is getting absorbed. She will be moved from the incubator soon, soaked, weighed, etc......

29ehkqa.jpg

2e3cuvc.jpg

ra6kvp.jpg

nwikvt.jpg

xm7fqu.jpg

wmwyv.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Wow cool photo's today. Looks like she made the choice easy for you. No nuchal scute is awesome to see.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dalano73 said:
Wow cool photo's today. Looks like she made the choice easy for you. No nuchal scute is awesome to see.

:) Yes, she was the first one to pip, clamber out of the shell, and on NUCHAL! Easy choice for our documentation project here.....I have a few customers that are not going to be happy, O' well....

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
They are super cute!! Dumb question ~ sorry~ why will they not be happy about the lack of nuchal scute? Is it a bad thing or just really a genetic difference?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
UPDATE, #6 PIP at 1015 hours. Photo's just taken!

2hnb1b4.jpg

121s5g3.jpg

2v8h20x.jpg

Torty Mom said:
They are super cute!! Dumb question ~ sorry~ why will they not be happy about the lack of nuchal scute? Is it a bad thing or just really a genetic difference?

Not bad, it is a rare thing, We are keeping her and that means one less customer does not get one this year. We are only getting 12 out of this last clutch and have more customers than torotises this year.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I noticed that they are a lot bigger than the shell they came out of and since this is just day 4, do they grow that fast?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dalano73 said:
I noticed that they are a lot bigger than the shell they came out of and since this is just day 4, do they grow that fast?

Yes, they will start eating in a few days and they grow quick. They are about 2.5" now and will be 3" within the first 60 days.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
Dude, this is just like dangling a Snickers in front of a fat guy....you won't be satisfied until I sell a few guns and buy one, will you!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
ALDABRAMAN said:
UPDATE, #6 PIP at 1015 hours. Photo's just taken!

2hnb1b4.jpg

121s5g3.jpg

2v8h20x.jpg

Torty Mom said:

Not bad, it is a rare thing, We are keeping her and that means one less customer does not get one this year. We are only getting 12 out of this last clutch and have more customers than torotises this year.

Thanks Greg, I appreciate your reply! :D:tort:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Shelly said:
How long do they stay in the incubator after they are fully emerged?
Until they straighten out and the egg sack is way down. Usually 4 or 5 days.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
ALDABRAMAN said:
Shelly said:
How long do they stay in the incubator after they are fully emerged?
Until they straighten out and the egg sack is way down. Usually 4 or 5 days.

So do the hatched ones dont do anything to the other eggs? Like hurt the eggs? Man i still want one dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.