Deformed Sully Rescue

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
No I haven't seen one in this shape .

KathiP

I rescued him from an elderly man who claims to have found him in an alfalfa field. Said he only had him 5 months and that he is 5 yrs old. He lived in a rubber maid trash can that had tipped on its side. It was anapprox 15'x15' area full of trash, and tuns of dog feces (pict below) There was no water Avilable and about 15 smaller dogs running around. He had a poor diet of alfalfa apples and kale.

20141117_122343.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KathiP

Oh my gosh how sad. I'm glad you are now taking care of him. What do you know about his history?
I rescued him from an elderly man who claims to have found him in an alfalfa field. Said he only had him 5 months and that he is 5 yrs old. He lived in a rubber maid trash can that had tipped on its side. It was anapprox 15'x15' area full of trash, and tuns of dog feces (pict below) There was no water Avilable and about 15 smaller dogs running around. He had a poor diet of alfalfa apples and kale.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
He has? Too funny..guess word travels fast. I'm new on here. Just looking for opinions and education
can you post some pics of his enclosure? sulcatas are grass eaters around 80% of there diet should be grass and fruit should be fed very rarely like a pice of watermelon a year. also they should have clean water at all times. some facts lol.

KathiP

He has free reign of the back yard and alot of fresh grass. He gets a handfull of fresh greens each day with calcium suppliment. He has fresh water in 2 places. His home is a 4'x4' wooden dog house heated with a 150 watt emmitter.

20141122_083843.jpg SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg 20141207_153720.jpg

KathiP

Here's a shot of part of his yard. I also have an area blocked off for my 4 other smaller Sullys. They are too small to roam freely. They hide too well. They are heated at night in a dogloo with a 100 watt emitter. Lucky also comes in and out of the house as he pleases. I'm in Arizona so doors are open all day long.

Screenshot_2014-12-10-20-33-39-1.png 20141109_121238.jpg

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Hi kathi, have seen lucky"s before and after pictures on f.book. I'm so happy for lucky. He is lucky, Lucky you found him. Thank you so much for what you are doing for him. I haVe never seen a tortoise like this before and it broke my heart. Best wishes to you and lucky. Ps. Nice you joined us.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kathi, and welcome to the forum!

I'm very glad you are offering him a better life than what he had before.

Last edited: