Delima ALERT!! Which would YOU choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EriNichole

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Soo, I have a MAJOR delima! Four Adorable little torts and only enough moola for TWO... all are equally healthy and happy 3-4 yr olds from a local breeder. So at this point color is the hang up.... this is where you guys come in.....Heeeeeelllllp!

Which would be your FIRST and SECOND choice picks? ( don't say I didn't warn ya, this is TOUGH!)

swtpaf.jpg

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
id go with the lightest and the darkest

EriNichole

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yeah, that's what I'm kinda leaning toward. Thanks for tha input Josh. 80)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would sorta do what Josh said..and did in fact to some extent, when picking my two from Yvonne. :rolleyes: The one in the far back catches my eye right off, so he would be my first pick. But then my personal second pick, is the one up front. Even tho it won't stay that way, I love that his one scute is marked like a tortoise. The one located toward the back and on the left side. See the center, doesn't it sorta look like a tort to you? So in the end with this set, it looks like I went with the middle two in coloration.

No matter which two you pick, they seem healthy.

EriNichole

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
HA! Jacqui, you are sooo right! that Scute DOES look like a little mini tort, LOL. Wow, so observant, I woulds neva seen it. Thanks a bunch for your thoughts. I have until Saturdy to decide.. I'm so excited!

EriNichole

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RE: Delima ALERT!! Which would YOU choose? **PIC**

Hmmm, I think I will also post this in the General forum and see if I can get thoughts from any and every tort enthusiast out there... might be fin to see what everyone has to say.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Greetings ~ I like the two on the left side in the back, altho this one in the very front is a cutie too; I think I would worry less about the color and would go on their personalities & how active they are.. but that's just me ~

Bestest wishes for picking the 2 perfect for you!
Purpod :)

PYGY said:
Soo, I have a MAJOR delima! Four Adorable little torts and only enough moola for TWO... all are equally healthy and happy 3-4 yr olds from a local breeder. So at this point color is the hang up.... this is where you guys come in.....Heeeeeelllllp!

Which would be your FIRST and SECOND choice picks? ( don't say I didn't warn ya, this is TOUGH!)

swtpaf.jpg

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
purpod said:
Greetings ~ I like the two on the left side in the back, altho this one in the very front is a cutie too; I think I would worry less about the color and would go on their personalities & how active they are.. but that's just me ~

Bestest wishes for picking the 2 perfect for you!
Purpod :)

PYGY said:

swtpaf.jpg

hi they are all beautiful and look healthy and well grown ,in fact i take my hat off to the breeder they have done an excellent job raising them.first i would turn them over and attempt to seperate the sexes i know their young but im sure you might be able to tell thats if they arent all the same of course and then make my decision based on what i needed to balance my own group or on what my plans were for the future re: breeding.
TERRY

Teiko's Mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southwest FL
I like the one in the back but I think the advice to go with the most active is best.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
This is really crazy, but I can make your choice much easier. These beauties belong to a guy in Houston and he only has two left. I know this because I bought one of the ones pictured and he only had three when I saw them two weeks ago.

He is a great guy and I would have bought more if I had the money at the time too.

If you are in Houston, I have another local person you can contact with Leopards that are a inch smaller than these. There is also the ETHS show next month here that usually has torts for sale too.

Sorry if this is bad news for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.