DIGGING AND HATCHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Got home from work tonight and Princess is digging and I have a basking light on her to keep warm. Hope she doesnt lay them to late, she will only lay outside. She hangs on to those eggs and lays them when she gets a chance and when the sun is out. We do this every year, we got some hatching to

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
bigred said:
Got home from work tonight and Princess is digging and I have a basking light on her to keep warm. Hope she doesnt lay them to late, she will only lay outside. She hangs on to those eggs and lays them when she gets a chance and when the sun is out. We do this every year, we got some hatching to

She popped out 5

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Love it when you see them laying the eggs. Since we moved, we can't seem to catch our girls laying their eggs. Needless to say we have a bunch of found eggs that we have no idea who is the mommy.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
There are times I seriously consider breeding in the future (it will be a while, I have 4 that are ~ 1-1.5 years old and who knows what my sex ratios are) and then I see the investments you all make. While one clutch is hatching, mom is laying another. Seems like you don't get much of a break? Not at all saying this isn't rewarding and I love seeing the hatchlings, just throwing some thoughts out after observing all your posts.

Congratulations to you and Princess! I hope Henry, Big Red, and your other male (never remember his name) continue to party like rock stars.

abclements

5 Year Member
I'm right there with you Chris! I reallly really want to get into breeding at some point but as an aspiring Air Force Pilot, I can't see how that would work out very well... lol

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
allegraf said:
Love it when you see them laying the eggs. Since we moved, we can't seem to catch our girls laying their eggs. Needless to say we have a bunch of found eggs that we have no idea who is the mommy.

Well your just going to have to wait and see what kind of color combos you get. I know you hatch out some beauties

Redstrike said:
There are times I seriously consider breeding in the future (it will be a while, I have 4 that are ~ 1-1.5 years old and who knows what my sex ratios are) and then I see the investments you all make. While one clutch is hatching, mom is laying another. Seems like you don't get much of a break? Not at all saying this isn't rewarding and I love seeing the hatchlings, just throwing some thoughts out after observing all your posts.

Congratulations to you and Princess! I hope Henry, Big Red, and your other male (never remember his name) continue to party like rock stars.

My other males name is Roger, The wife named most of them. Hatching out torts is alot of fun but also is sometimes a little work

Status
Not open for further replies.