Dirt on eyelid

Tortski

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
He decided to wake up for good, so I don't see him falling asleep any time soon. I was splashing water on his head and he seemed to close the eye in the picture all of the way. I couldn't see the other side

Do you guys see what I'm talking about? My can't see it, so I'm hoping you guys do.

Tortski

Arizona
My mom just said that he can't close his other eye because the one with the (dirt clump?) won't close. I can try my dad, but he will probably be even less willing to get him to a vet. Any ideas on how to convince them? My mom also tried wiping it away, again with no success. I will try to get her to get more bedding so I can change it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
How deep is/was the water you are soaking ur tort in? It doesnt sound like you've really tried giving him a good, long deeper water soak? Id give this a try before the expense of a vet. I think this spot is bothering you more than ur Sully.

Go ahead...try a deeper warm water soak, enough so he can swim, float about a bit.

Tortski

Arizona
How deep is/was the water you are soaking ur tort in? It doesnt sound like you've really tried giving him a good, long deeper water soak? Id give this a try before the expense of a vet. I think this spot is bothering you more than ur Sully.

Go ahead...try a deeper warm water soak, enough so he can swim, float about a bit.
I put the water up to the bottom shell when standing. I'll see what I can do. He's also never had a checkup so we're bringing him in mainly for that reason.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi Tortski

I'm still convinced your soaking water isnt deep enough to possibly help this issue. Next time you do a soak, take a pix and upload it. Water just up to the Bottom of the shell is not giving your guy a chance to get a good head soak. Just closely monitor, but you might be surprized.....

Good luck

Tortski

Arizona
He went to the vet and the doctor said he looked fine (minus some softness on his carapace) As for soaking him, he is getting to be too big for me to bring him upstairs, so we will have to wait until we get a kiddie pool.