Do I have a boy and a girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiatata

5 Year Member
Hi I am new to the forum but I have been keeping tortoises for a few years somehow never found this wonderful site before wished I knew this earlier :cool:

Anyhow I just picked up 2 golden greeks from petsmart and am hoping to have a pair. I need expert opinion because after looking at quite a few tortoises in several stores I am still not confident about the differences between males and females in Greek. To me, none of the Greek torts have really long tails and most of them have various degree of concaveness in the plastron.

I am afraid I actually have 2 girls because most of them appear females to me!

Thank you for your input!!!

Pair shots:

View attachment 39651

View attachment 39652

Suspected male:

View attachment 39643

View attachment 39644

View attachment 39645

View attachment 39646

Suspected female:

View attachment 39647

View attachment 39648

View attachment 39649

View attachment 39650

Last edited by a moderator:

radiatata

5 Year Member
Sorry but I don't know why. The pictures were all there when I previewed the posting. But I have confirmed they are both boys and have taken them back. Thank you for those who wanted to help anyway!

radiatata

5 Year Member
BTW, I think because my posting required moderation, so I suspected somehow the pictures were broken after the posting was moderated. The search in a particular forum also seems to be broken and never worked for me. The same happens in the iOS app.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Gotcha, that makes sense. I think once you've posted 10 times with moderation, you will be cleared to post the regular (unmoderated) way... So maybe you can just leave some thoughtful comments on other posts, and then come back here and try again to post with pics. :)
Welcome, by the way!

radiatata said:
BTW, I think because my posting required moderation, so I suspected somehow the pictures were broken after the posting was moderated. The search in a particular forum also seems to be broken and never worked for me. The same happens in the iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.